Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do we want Warframe to end?

(XBOX)LAZYNOOB2017

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

Up until now I've asked this question and the only answer I've gotten is "DE have no intention of ending it".

Now I'm talking about the story to the game and how the devs can prolong the game for years to come but eventually, it's got to have an ending. They could do one which allows us to carry on with the rest of the game but if it just keeps going it will slowly but surely get pretty silly. Imagine looking at the game in like 20 years time and thinking "how is this game still going?"

I want a final confrontation between the Stalker, the Tenno, and the Sentients. What about you guys?

And the orokin

We wake up from the 42th dream after we allied with Leonardo DiCaprio to delete Limbo from the game and join Neo to destroy the Matrix and save the real world. After that the credits end with a Fidget spinner, spinning...was it all just another dream?

Edited by Orabell

18 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

We've found out exactly what warframes and Tenno are, we've been told the origin of the Corpus and the Grineer as well as the motivations behind them.  We know who the Lotus is, we know what happened to the Orokin, we know who and what the Sentients are/were.

UH, WHAT?! I DON'T!

I've HEARD that the Lotus is Natah but I don't see how or why. I've played through all of the quests with exception of The Limbo Theorem and. I know that the Grineer are clones, I don't know why they were made or why the Queens are motivated to kill and conquer. I know the Corpus are driven by greed, curiosity and gambling. I don't know who the Sentients are\were, except for the fact that Hunhow seems to have had some relationship with the Lotus and he looks like her.

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

UH, WHAT?! I DON'T!

I've HEARD that the Lotus is Natah but I don't see how or why. I've played through all of the quests with exception of The Limbo Theorem and. I know that the Grineer are clones, I don't know why they were made or why the Queens are motivated to kill and conquer. I know the Corpus are driven by greed, curiosity and gambling. I don't know who the Sentients are\were, except for the fact that Hunhow seems to have had some relationship with the Lotus and he looks like her.

Then you need to dig into the lore/pay more attention!  I guess the only thing that isn't explained directly in the lore (read the Codex!) is exactly WHY the Queens want to kill everything, besides the usual reasons crazy dictators want to kill everything.

20 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

This is the way [Warframe] ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

- Courtesy of T.S. Eliot.

I came to post this exact thing, well done :)

On the topic subject though, Warframe will end when it's not making the Chinese owners enough cash. I don't think there will be a Warframe 2, as it's just one those games that can't be serialized, there's just too much material in the base game. There's also nothing to add that an update cant do, until the engine cant do its job.

I feel like the game will end with the death of Lotus, the remaining Orokin, and the Sentients, and possibly ourselves, ending our suffering. If we don't die, it'll be one those, the system is now our in hands, passing of the torch.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Then you need to dig into the lore/pay more attention!  I guess the only thing that isn't explained directly in the lore (read the Codex!) is exactly WHY the Queens want to kill everything, besides the usual reasons crazy dictators want to kill everything.

The flaw in this statement is that it's not as simple as "read the Codex". I've read plenty of the Codex, fully scanned and researched a few enemies, read all of the Warframe stories on the Codex (which are all just huge text walls of unknown people talking about a bad experience they've had, like a scene from a battle or something). None of the lore is explicitly stated in the Codex, you'd have to scan everything, unlock all entries and find little bits of vague information and come up with a final summary. It's really not as simple as "pay more attention". I haven't however, listened to all of Ordis's audio logs

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

The flaw in this statement is that it's not as simple as "read the Codex". I've read plenty of the Codex, fully scanned and researched a few enemies, read all of the Warframe stories on the Codex (which are all just huge text walls of unknown people talking about a bad experience they've had, like a scene from a battle or something). None of the lore is explicitly stated in the Codex, you'd have to scan everything, unlock all entries and find little bits of vague information and come up with a final summary. It's really not as simple as "pay more attention". I haven't however, listened to all of Ordis's audio logs

I guess, I enjoy reading the codex and walls of text and putting all the stories together. 

Spoiler

On the part of the Lotus being Natah though, that was explicitly stated in the quest, and Hunhow is explicitly stated to be her father.  

The Grineer were the working/slave class of the Orokin empire.  They were engineered to be dumbed-down and were created in huge cloning facilities.  During The Collapse, the Grineer revolted.  

The Corpus were basically a super-merchant guild before the Collapse.  However, they weren't a part of the ruling Orokin class.  They definitely existed before The Collapse, and actually created the Sentients.  

The Sentients were simple terraforming machines that were sent to the Tau system.  They are made in such a way that they can adapt to any type of damage, and regenerate from any injury.  Their only weakness is Void energy, which "is poison to them."  They somehow gained sentience (hence the name) and realized that the Orokin sucked and decided to destroy them all!  They almost won the war right away, but the Orokin deployed the Tenno controlled Warframes and they started to lose.  Natah was sent to infiltrate the Orokin, find the source of the Warframe's power, use it against the Orokin and then destroy that source.  The trip to the Origin System sterilized her, and she instead adopted the Tenno as her own children.  

The Tenno are children who were on board a colony ship attempting to make the jump through the Void to the Tau system.  There was an accident, and the ship was flooded with Void Energy.  The adults all went insane/died, but for some reason the children survived but were changed and possessed unbelievable power.  Originally the Orokin were going to destroy them, they were later used to control Warframes through Transference.  

The Infested was the first Orokin attempt to fight back the Sentients, but it obviously failed for obvious reasons!

1 hour ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

I guess, I enjoy reading the codex and walls of text and putting all the stories together. 

Hide contents

On the part of the Lotus being Natah though, that was explicitly stated in the quest, and Hunhow is explicitly stated to be her father.  

The Grineer were the working/slave class of the Orokin empire.  They were engineered to be dumbed-down and were created in huge cloning facilities.  During The Collapse, the Grineer revolted.  

The Corpus were basically a super-merchant guild before the Collapse.  However, they weren't a part of the ruling Orokin class.  They definitely existed before The Collapse, and actually created the Sentients.  

The Sentients were simple terraforming machines that were sent to the Tau system.  They are made in such a way that they can adapt to any type of damage, and regenerate from any injury.  Their only weakness is Void energy, which "is poison to them."  They somehow gained sentience (hence the name) and realized that the Orokin sucked and decided to destroy them all!  They almost won the war right away, but the Orokin deployed the Tenno controlled Warframes and they started to lose.  Natah was sent to infiltrate the Orokin, find the source of the Warframe's power, use it against the Orokin and then destroy that source.  The trip to the Origin System sterilized her, and she instead adopted the Tenno as her own children.  

The Tenno are children who were on board a colony ship attempting to make the jump through the Void to the Tau system.  There was an accident, and the ship was flooded with Void Energy.  The adults all went insane/died, but for some reason the children survived but were changed and possessed unbelievable power.  Originally the Orokin were going to destroy them, they were later used to control Warframes through Transference.  

The Infested was the first Orokin attempt to fight back the Sentients, but it obviously failed for obvious reasons!

Where in the Codex did you find this?

49 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

That's a collection from multiple sources, the scans from symarys being the most revealing, along with the quests.

Ah. By the Way - and this is totally my bad - I knew that Lotus was Natah, I meant that someone said that the Lotus was Margulis, which made sense to me because of what Margulis said in TSD.

Wait.  You said the Sentients destroyed the Orokin, but in TSD the Stalker says the Tenno killed them, which I thought was because of the outbursts of uncontrollabe void energy.

I just watched the cutscene:

Hunhow: (To Stalker) Who destroyed the Orokin? Your way of life? Who do you hunt Shadow? To cleanse your despair in their blood?

Stalker: Tenno

Edited by (XB1)LAZYNOOB2017

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

Wait.  You said the Sentients destroyed the Orokin, but in TSD the Stalker says the Tenno killed them, which I thought was because of the outbursts of uncontrollabe void energy.

I just watched the cutscene:

Hunhow: (To Stalker) Who destroyed the Orokin? Your way of life? Who do you hunt Shadow? To cleanse your despair in their blood?

Stalker: Tenno

The sentients pretended to lose the war as a means of deceiving the Orokin. As the Orokin were celebrating their “victory,” Natah had made the Tenno turn on them while their eyes were turned.

His information is a bit incorrect. 

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

The sentients pretended to lose the war as a means of deceiving the Orokin. As the Orokin were celebrating their “victory,” Natah had made the Tenno turn on them while their eyes were turned.

His information is a bit incorrect. 

But how did Natah get the Tenno to turn on them?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

But how did Natah get the Tenno to turn on them?

it was never made clear how the lotus influence the tenno to destroy the orokin so we can only really guess at this point how that entire event went down. lotus does seem to have some peculiar influences over the tenno's psyche, and even our transference powers though, so that could be something to ponder over.

On 2017-12-12 at 12:32 PM, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2017 said:

Up until now I've asked this question and the only answer I've gotten is "DE have no intention of ending it".

Now I'm talking about the story to the game and how the devs can prolong the game for years to come but eventually, it's got to have an ending. They could do one which allows us to carry on with the rest of the game but if it just keeps going it will slowly but surely get pretty silly. Imagine looking at the game in like 20 years time and thinking "how is this game still going?"

I want a final confrontation between the Stalker, the Tenno, and the Sentients. What about you guys?

The idea behind an MMO is that it doesn’t end?!