Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Needs Buff

(XBOX)Avant Solace

Its just not a good mod. For those not aware: Thunderbolt is a bow-exclusive mod that adds random explosive damage to each shot. Only it has lackluster performance.

• Only a max 30% explosion chance.
  • Damage is stagnant at 250 bonus damage.
  • Costs 9 points at max rank.

Put simply: its negatively inconsistent, deals poor damage, and costs too much. Its sad because this mod could be amazing. Exploding arrows are awesome! An increase in proc chance and perhaps damage scaling would make this mod a masterpiece.

Thoughts?

i'll just mentally dig up what i've said in the past.

if the Chance for Explosion was based on the Status Chance of the Bow Equipped on, and it would adopt the Crit Stats of said Bow - then you'd have a Mod that can create a viable alternative Loadout for Bows. and scales with the Bows we have, so ones that aren't as well suited for dealing Spike Damage in the first place would get better results from Thunderbolt this way. ala that Daikyu would get the most benefit from the Mod, while the much more favored Spike Damage Bows would be able to use it much more consistently than now but nowhere near as well as Daikyu could.

you could go further and have the Explosion also apply Ragdoll to the affected Enemies or something as well.

We must keep in mind with such a buff that unless they lock it out and make a spin off mod for crossbows, any serious buff would to TB would make crossbows into full auto pentas. I agree it should be buffed, but I'd like it done right and not have Mirage+Zhug carpet boming everything to death.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

• 2 weeks later...