Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why invasion's survival take so long?

parnstermia

So today i wanted some mutagen mass and the rotation was : defense (10 rounds) survival (10 minutes) + survival (10 minutes) so it took around 27-30 minutes

Why are Spys faster but defenses and survivals take the same time as an alert?

I don't feel the reward is enough for the time spent

what are your thoughts to invasions?

41 minutes ago, parnstermia said:

I'd like to know just as sorties what missions will i have to do in order to complete before doing it. But having an exterminate + 2 survivals.... 

Iirc the mission changes every couple of minutes, so you didn't have to do the survival, you could have just waited. 

46 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There was a time when you had to do a 20 minute survival just for 5% chance at a prime part... This was seen as short and it was never changed.

a prime part is a way better reward immo.

In the old days you only need a defense key and go endless to try and get. Now you have to farm relics

Everything has pros/cons but I think your argument is way off

1 hour ago, parnstermia said:

a prime part is a way better reward immo.

In the old days you only need a defense key and go endless to try and get. Now you have to farm relics

Everything has pros/cons but I think your argument is way off

IF you were lucky....95% you weren't and wasted 20 minutes.

In the old days only "1 key" meant you had to spend an hour for 3 chances. Today I can get 4 chances, at a higher individual percentage, in one capture mission. The games design has leaned away from mindlessly long runs. Invasions were missed. I'm sure if they took a look at it again they would reduce that survival to 5, for such a small reward.

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

IF you were lucky....95% you weren't and wasted 20 minutes.

In the old days only "1 key" meant you had to spend an hour for 3 chances. Today I can get 4 chances, at a higher individual percentage, in one capture mission. The games design has leaned away from mindlessly long runs. Invasions were missed. I'm sure if they took a look at it again they would reduce that survival to 5, for such a small reward.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is beside this post. I've played in that "era" too so stop "don't cry about it now newbies have it easier"

If DE already made SPYS SHORTER I don't know why SURVIVALS takes the same length (because they are far longer) at least.

14 minutes ago, parnstermia said:

I don't mean to be rude, but that is beside this post. I've played in that "era" too so stop "don't cry about it now newbies have it easier"

If DE already made SPYS SHORTER I don't know why SURVIVALS takes the same length (because they are far longer) at least.

You lost me.... I'm saying it hasn't changed because its a left over relic from when they thought 20 minutes for a prime part was okay.

I'm agreeing that it is indeed too long for 1/3 of an invasion.

Unless I'm mistaken, 10 minutes is the length of every non-default Survival mission — alerts, Sorties, Syndicate missions, Kuva Siphon, and Invasions.  Same with Defense — 10 waves.

Personally, I find that this means I don't just do every special mission that pops up.  Instead, I weigh the rewards against how much I want to do that kind of mission.

Often I think that 10 minutes and 10 waves is a bit too long, but sometimes it ends up being a fun sweet spot once I'm in the mission enjoying myself instead of focusing my eyes on the prize at the end of the tunnel.

2 hours ago, TonyWong said:

It's kinda long... and but invasions that have survival, intercept or def are usually the "nicer" rewards (forma or potato).

DE could go the other way and force 3/3 spy invasions. At the moment it's... 2/3?

Don't know what nice reward are you talking since it were for 2 mutagen mass and 3 detonite injectors (2 different invasions)

spys right now are 1/3 and mb are 1/3 too if i remember correctly

3 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

10 minutes is long ? 10 wave is long ?

I usually solo 20 - 30 minute on survival.
and 10 - 15 waves on defense.

The invasion mission is kind of easy currently when proportioned to the rewards.

and yes. 10 minutes is long compared to a single spy retrieval which isn't any harder than the normal ones

I think it has a lot to do with power levels.  Exterminates, spies, and so on go fast because people bring things that overpower the content.  Furthermore, they also potentially get faster with more people... can do all three spy points at once or just the chance of getting a fast moving, murder machine in  your group.  But do an exterminate solo with a bunch of non-potato'd gear you're leveling and it slows down a lot.

Survival doesn't scale that way.  There are a few frames that make life support drops more common.  And obviously killing faster and all sticking in a good room also helps in that regard, making the mission easier.  But neither translates into the mission taking less time.

It'd be nice if a 10m survival had a reward of its own, at least one roll on the appropriate A loot table.

4 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

10 minutes is long ? 10 wave is long ?

I usually solo 20 - 30 minute on survival.
and 10 - 15 waves on defense.

The invasion mission is kind of easy currently when proportioned to the rewards.

that's difficultly, not length >_> 

personally I just wait for an assassination mission. good ol' phorid has got you covered