Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will players have their platinum refunded if they bought Gara for her wall ability?

soshootso

Wondering, since people spend platinum on her, and a few days later the frame main ability is rendered useless.

Even if the EULA says "everything is subject to change", i still believe its a bit unfair when a select people start complaining on the forums while the vast majority doesnt visit the forums, so they cant cast their vote. people bought the teased warframe, not the product that is right now.

4 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

How was her main ability her ult lmao? Anyway, no.

Alright, ill rephrase it. Most people use gara as CC / shield. Her 4th ability attracted the majority of the player base, and you cant deny that fact. She can be played with other abilities and thats fine.

edit: (even though her other abilities are used in harmony with her 4th)

Edited by soshootso

2 minutes ago, soshootso said:

Alright, ill rephrase it. Most people use gara as CC / shield. Her 4th ability attracted the majority of the player base, and you cant deny that fact. She can be played with other abilities and thats fine.

I used her for her damage dealing. I've found it to be way better. Her 4 was just a worse frost shield that could be shattered for okay damage.

I mean yeah the changes are bad and just highlight what's wrong with the game but it certainly didn't make her worthless.

Edited by Pent_

15 minutes ago, soshootso said:

i still believe its a bit unfair when a select people start complaining on the forums while the vast majority doesnt visit the forums, so they cant cast their vote

The decision did not come from the playerbase nor from the forum posters. This decision lies squarely and completely with DE, and ultimately with DE Scott. There was no vote, "we" didn't decide a thing.

However, to your question, no. You bought her knowing that she could be changed any day, and you get to keep her. DE warned you that this could happen and that they would not refund. End of story.

Edited by Dhrekr

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

The decision did not come from the playerbase nor from the forum posters. This decision lies squarely and completely with DE, and ultimately with DE Scott. There was no vote, "we" didn't decide a thing.

However, to your question, no. You bought her knowing that she could be changed any day, and you get to keep her. DE warned you that this could happen and that they would not refund. End of story.

yes. EULA, i get it.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

My favorite kind of thread.

"I know the answer to my question but I'm salty and want people to argue with about something superfluous."

ofc people are upset. First extremely difficult to farm gara so people buy her. Then they make it easy to farm gara. Then they nerf gara.

Every single frame in this game has been changed one way or another since they first released, barring only a very few.

Nobody gets plat refunds and there is nothing unfair about the EULA.  You literally voluntarily signed the equivalent of a legally binding acceptance that they can do whatever they please with your account.  They can literally delete your account right now, give you no reason, and still be justified.

People need to be aware of the products they're buying before they buy them.   

I also find it funny you say it's difficult to farm Gara... I got her in 1 single day when she first released - that was back when you only had 1 chance of a part per bounty... not only was it easy then, it's quite literally 3-4x easier now with multiple rewards.   

Anybody who bought her was lazy or just didn't care, point blank.  If you're among those people, I'm just going to point and laugh now. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

5 minutes ago, soshootso said:

ofc people are upset. First extremely difficult to farm gara so people buy her. Then they make it easy to farm gara. Then they nerf gara.

Her wall ability is still viable to be used. Did any of us honestly think that the devs would allow it to remain as old Snow Globe that includes not allowing enemies to walk through it? If players bought her due to face value then that's on them for not at least watching Warframe profiles and reviews. I did the latter, liked her aesthetics and first and second ability, only then I bought her.

8 minutes ago, soshootso said:

ok white knight. move on.

How was that even white knighting??