Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking Somachord Tones Clarification

Eldnacpeek

Question

19 answers to this question

The somachord fragments work just as cephalon fragments. Only one can spawn per game and you need to collect a certain amount to fill the song.

(I think it is always 4 max scans).

They use the same icon as cephalon fragments and you can have either a cephalon fragment or a somachord, can never have both in the same game.

The somachord fragments appear as pieces of the mandachord (from the mission; Octavia's anthem). unknown.png

Image of a somachord being scanned.

Once you have collected all of the parts needed, you can play the songs that you have just unlocked: in your orbiter.

With the somachord you can; go back to the song you just played, move to the next song, repeat the current song, change the volume and start/pause the current song. 

The music will play all through out the orbiter. 

unknown.png

Image of the somachord playing a song, with locked songs.

(This song can be found on Lua incase anyone wanted to know).

Hopes this helps

Edited by Flappyflap1

So, I found one on Jupiter, went to the same spot on the tile and it was not there. On the whole map. Forgot to check, if it shows on the map. Until now, we did not find any more even tho we searched the whole map

UPDATE

Somacords are marked like Cephalon Fragments :) Your Welcome

Update2

We did not find a somacord and a fragment in one mission so it looks like it can only spawn one of them

Edited by Nigolasy

3 hours ago, Worldbrand said:

According to this post on the subreddit, they can be marked like Kuria or Ayatan Sculptures, but do not show up on your minimap.

After testing, they do actually appear on the map using the same icon as the cephalon fragments. Though it seems upon entering a misson, you're either given a fragment spawn, or a tone spawn. There doesn't seem to be a possibility of both appearing in one instance.

3 hours ago, Flappyflap1 said:

---

Managed to figure it out a bit after I made the thread. I'll mark your post as an answer however in case someone else comes across this thread (given it seems to be the first result on google when you search "Warframe Somachord", it's likely).

It seems to me, after running a bunch of Void missions, that Somachord fragments are much more likely to spawn after having finished scanning Cephalon fragments. Didn't have Void or Orokin finished, ran like 8 times and scanned them all to finish the two fragments, then got 4 Somachord fragments in a row, since both me and the friend I had run it with had finished all the Cephalon fragments.
Maybe it only has a chance to spawn if a member of the squad has finished all cephalon fragments?

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Capture seems to not spawn them at all after a multitude of runs. Exterminate works best for me.

The chance seems the same everywhere. It's just that the Cap is the fastest to do. Remember to equip loot detecting mods, and pray to RNGesus.

Anybody else not exactly thrilled about the songs being locked behind RNG?  I mean, I understand the need to do it as a means for DE to make money when it's something we can buy for plat, or for gating progression, but this...is just music.  There's no value to it - we can't buy the songs on the market, can't trade them, they don't give any sort of gameplay advantage.  Why are they locked behind RNG at all?

I see no reason why every mission could not/should not spawn both a cephalon fragment and a somachord tone.

In Acolyte missions there are guaranteed song spawns,depending on the faction of which song will spawn. However they can't be found in defencive missions.

They mostly spawn in survival or extermination missions,as far as i seen.

But the spawn rate is the same as finding an Acolyte in random missions. (Id' say it's a RNG challenge)

Edited by AreaneR.

Is there any way to make them go away? I want to be able to find Cephalon Fragments and have no interest in chasing these down, it would be fine if they accumulated like other drops but compared to Cephalon fragments they are utterly useless (to me), and are in fact royally screwing up my attempt to finish as much of my codex as possible.

The Codex is useful, random bits of never finished music I'm unlikely to ever hear are not.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:36 AM, MealeaYing said:

Is there any way to make them go away? I want to be able to find Cephalon Fragments and have no interest in chasing these down, it would be fine if they accumulated like other drops but compared to Cephalon fragments they are utterly useless (to me), and are in fact royally screwing up my attempt to finish as much of my codex as possible.

The Codex is useful, random bits of never finished music I'm unlikely to ever hear are not.

Nah, what you get is what you get, sadly.