Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

24 hr lock needs to go

dronekiller

29 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Everywhere, since leveling new gear is what earns MR. You literally cannot increase MR without acquiring more STUFF.

And stuff just happens to be what the market sells. Imagine that.

Majority of which are easily crafted and "leveling" new gear being key.  Which is off-topic drivel because the MR tests are the actual topic, you cannot increase MR without passing the tests, and any test requiring weaponry has clearly been balanced around the starter weapons.

38 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Everywhere, since leveling new gear is what earns MR. You literally cannot increase MR without acquiring more STUFF.

Oh god forbid leveling up requires you buy a bp and build a gun,oh heavens, you can practice an mr test and it even TELLS you this in the mr rank up button? Someone start the presses!

Youre a toxic forum entity, go away.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Honestly, stop whining about this. For years us vets had to do our tests with no practice feature being available. We actually had to study youtube videos before trying the tests, then we had a single chance per day to "nail it"... I remember on some of the hardest tests taking me more than a week to get done because of the stress of knowing you only get one chance and having to figure out on the fly exactly what to do.

Nowadays, anyone can just go to a relay, go to cephalon simaris and practice the test until they can reliably complete it numerous times in a row, then quality for it. Minimal stress, ample time to practice, no reason to fail any test anymore. And if you do fail it, well, too bad, you should have practiced it more to make sure you could reliably nail it before qualifying for it.

LOL

19 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Most tests arent hard. They are, like much of the rest of the "challenging" content in Warframe, simply tedious.

Also, for what its worth, Mastery Rank is not a leveling system. Its a business model. Given enough Platinum, you can, quite literally, buy the Rank itself. Which is one of the reasons tests exist: To disguise the fact that all you need to to "level up" in Warframe, is acquire stuff. Its a business model, not a game mechanic.

I agree, and honestly, that's why I cheese them as hard as I possibly can and really, I always have.

"Here, show me this skill that you don't actually use to play missions or anywhere else for that matter"......Yeah, ok.  Let me drop an energy plate, press 4 and continue on, then(hasn't been possible on the later ones I've done, but did plenty that way, more or less).

They don't have any value(especially since I'm way past the point of needing them to equip things), they're just a marker for where I'm at in the game.  I do think that they should be repeatable, though, especially at levels in which gear can be locked behind them and especially from the 5-10 range, there are a few MR 6-8 weapons that are easy to get at low level and enhance play quite a bit.  Being stuck without it for days because you can't pass the test would be pretty frustrating, I'd imagine.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:47 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

Except Mastery Tests dont test skill. They test whether you've spent enough Plat or time to have the loadout that utterly cheeses and thus invalidates the existence of, a given Test. 

They are a pointless source of frustration and I outright APPLAUD every player who quits because of one. Especially since they were deliberately and unreasonable redesigned to MAXIMIZE frustration with their recent monochromatic visual disaster redesign.

How on earth does plat make a difference to passing a mastery test? Do they stack it atop itself and use it as a portable platform or something? Do they throw the plats at the melee timer orbs? Do they build globes with plats to protect objectives? AMAZING... gotta get me some of those plats.

The wait time is fine. People should practice.

Where is the skill in ranking up 20 levels in 2 days because you camped akkad with every other lazy player that wants to look awesome without doing the work? There is no skill in that and pretty much everyone who could do it, would do it.

The monochromatic design is miserable though, I can give you that point.

I only read wiki about what test i gonna do..

If it fail then nothing... xp still accumulate till u pass

Only thing is some weapon lock behind those mastery which is not really a problem

I was really look forward to tigris p in my mr7

Now im mr14 without tigris p or galatine p because other thing distraced me xD

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, dronekiller said:

@DarkRuler2500 That's only for the tests you have done, and that still doesn't take away from the fact that the 24 hr wait it gives you if you fail is unwarrented.

You can practice the latest one available, so that includes newly opened tests. I always do at least one practice round to know what the test is about.

That's like asking to repeat the same exam at college right after you fail it xD.
The 24h "punishment" has always been there and I think that shouldn't change, they could warn the players though that they can test it before going in blind.

6 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Problem with this is...for new players, they don't get a message telling them they can train at the relays. I didn't find this out until Rank 11. 

thats part of the training.. tenno.. :)

On 1/6/2018 at 12:47 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Except Mastery Tests dont test skill. They test whether you've spent enough Plat or time to have the loadout that utterly cheeses and thus invalidates the existence of, a given Test. 

They are a pointless source of frustration and I outright APPLAUD every player who quits because of one. Especially since they were deliberately and unreasonable redesigned to MAXIMIZE frustration with their recent monochromatic visual disaster redesign.

what the F*** man. it test skill if you don't use the power of cheese really. i got from mr 1 to mr 10 only as trinity with a braton. yes it did get a bit annoying but really.

jeez the community is starting to go down hill...

21 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

you can get that stuff if you take your T I M E tenno

cosmetics don't give you mr, only warframes, weapons, companions, companion weapons.

mastery rank shows how long you have supported the game either with your time or your money

just think of digital extremes like pre-destiny bungie

Edited by (PS4)ashtonsux134

7 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Problem with this is...for new players, they don't get a message telling them they can train at the relays. I didn't find this out until Rank 11. 

The MR test screen has been updated, now it shows a message recommending us to train at relays and that you will have to wait 24 hours if you fail. 
I don't know exactly at which update this change was made but it obviously was before you did MR11 test. 

At this point after this update, any new player has been given ample fair warning. If they fail, that's on them.
Excuses of "anxiety, stress and fear of failure" are not valid excuses.  That's on the player, not the game.

I don't understand why people freak out about 24 hours wait time.  Warframe is a game we all spend 100-1000 hours playtime while waiting 12-72 hours to craft things.  That makes the 24 hour seem like peanuts. 

Edited by MystMan