Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a reworked moderation system?

artemisfortune

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

This^ 

My house my rules. DEs house DEs rules. That's it. 

So while DE can do what they want doesn't mean they should, and if they do, doesn't meant they're free of criticism or should be praised because "oh ho ho look at all the good they do."

Edited by Pent_

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

This^ 

This is true, but DE is also able to change the rules, and player feedback might be a factor in that. They've changed their minds about things before. As long as the feedback stays civil, there's no reason to not give said feedback, right?

yes all if this is accurate and I agree up to a point. Are there issues? Yes.  Can they be fixed, Yes. 

16 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

So while DE can do what they want doesn't mean they should, and if they do, doesn't meant they're free of criticism or should be praised because "oh ho ho look at all the good they do."

12 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

This is true, but DE is also able to change the rules, and player feedback might be a factor in that. They've changed their minds about things before. As long as the feedback stays civil, there's no reason to not give said feedback, right?

12 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

People that say "ask support" are not aware of the support DE has chosen to associate itself with. For all that matters there is a big % that your ban will already be lifted until Zendesk decides you are worthy of time and attention ^^

The lack of transparency and/or treating issues with absolutes I don't believe is helpful, No. And feedback is helpful, Yes.

But, That said don't think for a second any of you will come into my house and tell me how I'm supposed to run it. 

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

It a slippery slope. Tread lightly. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

yes all if this is accurate and I agree up to a point. Are there issues? Yes.  Can they be fixed, Yes. 

The lack of transparency and/or treating issues with absolutes I don't believe is helpful, No. And feedback is helpful, Yes.

As long as I am law abiding, don't think for a second any of you will come into my house and tell me how I'm supposed to run it. 

It a slippery slope. Tread lightly. 

Idk if you've seen it, but you should hit general discussion and look at the locked chat ban thread.

The biggest issue I'm seeing is that Glen is living up to "customer punishment officer" a bit too much.  Pent references this post directly as motivator for the topic, and I do have to agree that it was a bit over the top.  I've seen posts like that made by regular forum posters and have the com mods come down 9n them like a ton of bricks for breaking forum guidelines, but it was acceptable and applauded for Glen to do it.

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

But, That said don't think for a second any of you will come into my house and tell me how I'm supposed to run it.

That's fine. A person's house is a person's house. There's no business angle there other than with landlord/tenant scenarios.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:36 PM, MagPrime said:

Idk if you've seen it, but you should hit general discussion and look at the locked chat ban thread.

The biggest issue I'm seeing is that Glen is living up to "customer punishment officer" a bit too much.  Pent references this post directly as motivator for the topic, and I do have to agree that it was a bit over the top.  I've seen posts like that made by regular forum posters and have the com mods come down 9n them like a ton of bricks for breaking forum guidelines, but it was acceptable and applauded for Glen to do it.

I have, and I get it..IMO I would have handled all of those a little less public. But again, isn't Rebecca his boss? Let them deal with in house issues, in house. All we can do is bring there attention to it. And move on. 

On 1/11/2018 at 8:46 PM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I have, and I get it..IMO I would have handled all of those a little less public. But again, isn't Rebecca his boss? Let them deal with in house issues, in house. All we can do is bring there attention to it. And move on. 

Which is part of the purpose of this, to get attention and foster discussion how to do things better.  

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Which is part of the purpose of this, to get attention and foster discussion how to do things better.  

But OP IMO came off as a rant. I probably would have PM Danielle and or Glenn himself before starting a thread. But that's just me. And that what I ment by bringing their attention to it. 

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

But OP IMO came off as a rant. I probably would have PM Danielle and or Glenn himself before starting a thread. But that's just me. And that what I ment by bringing their attention to it. 

How exactly was it a rant? I stated what was wrong, why I saw it as wrong, and how I would change it.

And lets not delude ourselves into thinking either them of would read a PM I sent to them. Especially one that's critical. I have been given no reason to believe that they handle feedback privately sent to them based on how they handle feedback publicly posted.

5 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

How exactly was it a rant? I stated what was wrong, why I saw it as wrong, and how I would change it.

And lets not delude ourselves into thinking either them of would read a PM I sent to them. Especially one that's critical. I have been given no reason to believe that they handle feedback privately sent to them based on how they handle feedback publicly posted.

/Shrug 

Do what you want. It was just my opinion. There are other ways to get thier attention.

Also honestly I'm trying to understand why you give a flip about chat offences in the first place? What's your angle here?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

/Shrug 

Do what you want. It was just my opinion. There are other ways to get thier attention.

Also honestly I'm trying to understand why you give a flip about chat offences in the first place? What's your angle here?

Same reason I give a S#&$ about anything. I see someone or something being done poorly that negatively affects the community as a whole and want to change it.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:48 PM, Gabbynaru said:

But that's an issue of transparency, not of in-game QoL improvements for toxic players.. Nowhere near what you asked. DE can (I dunno if they will) just post a list of rules and a list of banned words and be done with it. Your request fulfilled. They already are giving away internal data for drops, making a forum post with the rules shouldn't be that hard.

Implementing QoL changes for toxic players in the game however... That's not worth the effort. Never will be.

You have the right to be mad, doesn't change the fact that your request is simply over the top. A forum post should suffice. Heck, here, I'll summon Glen here to give him this idea. No need to cause such a fuss over a mere lack of a forum post. Yeah, DE can be more transparent. Toxic players can also be less toxic. Doesn't change the fact that neither of them are, and both are paying each other in the same coin.

Can i just note that (in addition to the concept of toxicity being the only actually toxic thing in gaming), game is M rated and has a chat filter? Isnt the exact point of chat filers to filer and protect people that dont want to be offended? The whole chat suspensions for word filer instead for e.g. spamming the same message 50 times over (which im not sure is even possible) seems like a "but how could i have known that people would walk through my garden which has no fence and is right next to a public park, arrest them for trespassing" style argument.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

This is conjecture, nothing more. 

How much more information do they need to get before it isn't conjecture?  

We all have the basics; not everyone gets told why they were kicked and even fewer are told for how long they'll be kicked. 

What else do we need to know before forming an opinion and offering suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Maverick124 said:

I can understand not tolerating "hate speech" but when certain moderators are outright banning people and lengthening bans simply because of their political inclinations it comes off as very unprofessional and, frankly, childish.

Playing devil's advocate here, one man's "hate speech" is another man's "political inclination". That being said, this is a video game. There should be no room to discuss politics, religion, sexual orientation or anything not related to the game within the game. That is what online fora, discord servers and Twitter/Facebook/[Insert social media of preference here] are for. If we can't act like adults, then perhaps it's necessary for someone (or some people) to do so.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Playing devil's advocate here, one man's "hate speech" is another man's "political inclination". That being said, this is a video game. There should be no room to discuss politics, religion, sexual orientation or anything not related to the game within the game. That is what online fora, discord servers and Twitter/Facebook/[Insert social media of preference here] are for. If we can't act like adults, then perhaps it's necessary for someone (or some people) to do so.

I waffle on this, honestly.  I've seen conversations that, by this post, you would consider not appropriate for the game but have had immensely positive effects for the people involved. I'm not talking "you'll do great on your interview, yeah, go team!" I'm talking suicidal ideation and other highly traumatic topics.

I agree it doesn't belong in Region chat but that doesn't mean it should be soft banned from the entire game.