Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma and Polarization change suggestion.

TomCat86

Have you ever wanted to forma your entire Warframe and or weapon without fear of having to waste more forma later down the road to again change its polarization's to something that you might need at that time? Well, be afraid no more because this suggestion finds a way to fix that.

What I am proposing is UNIVERSAL POLARIZATION. It would work much like the current system, only after you have used your forma on that slot, you can change the polarization of that slot, whenever and to whatever you want. 1 forma = 1 polarization slot. Same thing as the current system only you dont have to forma that slot again to change it again. You can change it whenever to whatever for EACH loadout. For instance, you use 3 forma on load out 1, load out 2 and 3 also have 3 forma used on them but you can change the polarization's for each load out on 3 mod slots. No more having to have multiple frames of the same type with different forma combinations just so you can try different builds.

(Question) Woh woh woh, hold on a second. You are telling me that you want to be able to completely customize your weapon and frame whenever you want as long as you had the forma to do it? No more re forming the same mod slot?

(Answer) Yes, that is correct.

I mean really, who doesn't want more customization of their gear, how they truly want it customized? Open up that toolbox and lets get our warframe mechanics to work!

(((( EDIT)))))

I think people are having trouble comprehending what I mean, maybe I was not clear enough and I apologize. What I am proposing, is the same system we have currently in game, with one change to it. The system I am proposing does this > You use a forma on a mod slot you wish to polarize. That slot and only that slot you can change that polarity whenever you want, after you have used a forma on it the first time. If you want another slot polarized, you have to use a forma on that one too. So you still use forma, but you only use it once per mod slot. This would still encourage people to use forma, in fact, it would encourage people to use MORE forma, because you would want to forma every single mod slot on your warframes and your weapons. I hope this better clarifies what I mean.

Edited by TomCat86

37 minutes ago, TomCat86 said:

What I am proposing is UNIVERSAL POLARIZATION. It would work much like the current system, only after you have used your forma on that slot, you can change the polarization of that slot, whenever and to whatever you want. 1 forma = 1 polarization slot. Same thing as the current system only you dont have to forma that slot again to change it again.

This would make it too easy and in the long run would ruin the whole customization experience. Having restrictions is as important as having freedom of customization. This is equivalent to removing Mod polarities as a whole if you think about it. 

Spoiler

You can change it whenever to whatever for EACH loadout. For instance, you use 3 forma on load out 1, load out 2 and 3 also have 3 forma used on them but you can change the polarization's for each load out on 3 mod slots. No more having to have multiple frames of the same type with different forma combinations just so you can try different builds.

THIS

Question) Woh woh woh, hold on a second. You are telling me that you want to be able to completely customize your weapon and frame whenever you want as long as you had the forma to do it? No more re forming the same mod slot?

I mean really, who doesn't want more customization of their gear, how they truly want it customized? Open up that toolbox and lets get our warframe mechanics to work!

Again, this would make the polarities obsolete. 

25 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

This would make it too easy and in the long run would ruin the whole customization experience. Having restrictions is as important as having freedom of customization. This is equivalent to removing Mod polarities as a whole if you think about it. 

Hide contents

You can change it whenever to whatever for EACH loadout. For instance, you use 3 forma on load out 1, load out 2 and 3 also have 3 forma used on them but you can change the polarization's for each load out on 3 mod slots. No more having to have multiple frames of the same type with different forma combinations just so you can try different builds.

THIS

Again, this would make the polarities obsolete. 

Having it the right polarity would do the same thing it does currently. The only thing changing is the allowance of you being able to change the polarity of the slot you formed, at whim.

Never gonna happen. The more reasonable suggestions in the past have been to be able to forma the same slot several times and have multiple polarities stick, or to introduce some sort of super/primed/whatever-you-want-to-call-it forma to create multi-polarity slots directly. There has been some dev sympathy towards the first one.

DE either will not, or more likely CANNOT, do anything to reduce the grind. Sooner you make your peace with that and begin making your decisions regarding your play time based on that reality. the better off you are going to be.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh. Its the simple truth.

Hmm I actually kinda like the idea of being able to re-polarize player polarized slots without having to re-level the item in question. 

Since the player has already put the base investment of a Forma + time to level that slot it doesn't seem unfair to allow them to re-polarize that slot without the time/xp penalty. As long as they are still putting up the Forma investment to change that slot.

I find that I spend a lot of time looking up optimal builds rather than experimenting even tho I have the Forma to do so. Simply because I don't want to spend the time to polarize something only to find out later that I used the wrong polarization. I honestly think I would be inclined to use Forma far more freely than I would as they are now when an error in polarization means potential hours grinding the weapon back to 30 just to reclaim a slot I already polarized once.

If people are using Forma more freely I would think people would also be inclined to purchase more Forma.

Edited by Oreades

vor 11 Stunden schrieb TomCat86:

Have you ever wanted to forma your entire Warframe and or weapon without fear of having to waste more forma later down the road to again change its polarization's to something that you might need at that time? Well, be afraid no more because this suggestion finds a way to fix that.

What I am proposing is UNIVERSAL POLARIZATION. It would work much like the current system, only after you have used your forma on that slot, you can change the polarization of that slot, whenever and to whatever you want. 1 forma = 1 polarization slot. Same thing as the current system only you dont have to forma that slot again to change it again. You can change it whenever to whatever for EACH loadout. For instance, you use 3 forma on load out 1, load out 2 and 3 also have 3 forma used on them but you can change the polarization's for each load out on 3 mod slots. No more having to have multiple frames of the same type with different forma combinations just so you can try different builds.

(Question) Woh woh woh, hold on a second. You are telling me that you want to be able to completely customize your weapon and frame whenever you want as long as you had the forma to do it? No more re forming the same mod slot?

Basically that is a good idea - but there are some problems.
A: No profit for DE
B: The stupid amount of formas we get will be more useless then now.

So either DE adds a new item like a SUPER FORMA, or advanced forma - they would make it a @(*()$ rare drop and could sell it in plat shop.

Or if they would actually add such an option without the goal of profit (what isn't wrong in my opinion) but actually for the freedom of customization they it could work like this:
1. Forma a mod slot with 1 Forma for one polarity   total cost = 1 forma
2. Forma a mod slot that was already format with 2 Forma, to make it a multi-polarity mod slot with 2 polarities  total cost = 3 forma
3. Forma again with 4 forma, for a 3 polarities multi-slot  total cost = 7
4. Forma again with 8 forma, for a 4 polarities multi-slot  total cost = 15

Total forma for a Warframe/companion = 15 forma for a 4-polarity slot
Total forma for a Weapon = 7 forma for a 3-polarity slot (because weapons only have 3 polarities they use in general.

The point of forma is to put effort into your weapon to make it stronger, your sacraficing your levels to polarise the slot. if you want to chnage the polarty at will then why would you use forma instead of the thing you were mentioning? Not only would it make forma obsolete it would make making a powerful weapon even easier as if you wanted to try another build then just change the polarity without sacrificing 30 levels. 

I think people are having trouble comprehending what I mean, maybe I was not clear enough and I apologize. What I am proposing, is the same system we have currently in game, with one change to it. The system I am proposing does this > You use a forma on a mod slot you wish to polarize. That slot and only that slot you can change that polarity whenever you want, after you have used a forma on it the first time. If you want another slot polarized, you have to use a forma on that one too. So you still use forma, but you only use it once per mod slot. This would still encourage people to use forma, in fact, it would encourage people to use MORE forma, because you would want to forma every single mod slot on your warframes and your weapons. I hope this better clarifies what I mean.

Edited by TomCat86

1 hour ago, TomCat86 said:

This would still encourage people to use forma, in fact, it would encourage people to use MORE forma, because you would want to forma every single mod slot on your warframes and your weapons. I hope this better clarifies what I mean.

No, we understand what you mean, we just don't agree with your conclusion. Nobody would forma all slots of a frame for no good reason, that makes no sense. Instead, under your proposal less overall forma would be needed.

Currently you have to forma a slot again if you decide it has the wrong polarity after all, whereas under your proposal you just click to change it with no strings attached. Currently you may need additional copies of a frame to min/max for certain roles, whereas under your proposal you can fit any possible loadout on a single frame.

You are basically asking for a big freebie.

1 minute ago, Snib said:

No, we understand what you mean, we just don't agree with your conclusion. Nobody would forma all slots of a frame for no good reason, that makes no sense. Instead, under your proposal less overall forma would be needed.

Currently you have to forma a slot again if you decide it has the wrong polarity after all, whereas under your proposal you just click to change it with no strings attached. Currently you may need additional copies of a frame to min/max for certain roles, whereas under your proposal you can fit any possible loadout on a single frame.

You are basically asking for a big freebie.

Not really, I am asking for reasonable accessibility. Some people dont bother if something is too tedious and wasteful, so for me, seeing how I NEVER forma anything more than twice, I would actually USE more forma with this idea because I wouldn't be so worried I would forma something the wrong way and have to do it over again just to try a different play style / build. You arent the same as I just like someone else may not be the same as either of us, I am only speaking of people like me and myself. Another example of something being too tedious that off puts me to the point of me not bothering it is factions "most specifically quils". The amp and zaw system, and what have you. I dont bother with any of that content even though it has some aspects I like, it has some I absolutely hate. I recently tried to get people into this game and you know what their number one reason for not continuing to play was? Long wait times and endless grind. That right there lost the company some money. Sure you may not agree, but not everyone likes the grinds and inefficiency the game has put you under.

6 minutes ago, TomCat86 said:

Not really, I am asking for reasonable accessibility. Some people dont bother if something is too tedious and wasteful, so for me, seeing how I NEVER forma anything more than twice, I would actually USE more forma with this idea because I wouldn't be so worried I would forma something the wrong way and have to do it over again just to try a different play style / build. 

It takes 10-15 waves to max any weapon from 0-30 in a random endless mission (and I don't even go to the typical farm spots, I mean just playing the game), even less if you get an affinity booster. How is that unreasonable?

And if you change your mind later? As the Stalker says, your actions have consequences.

1 minute ago, TomCat86 said:

That right there lost the company some money. Sure you may not agree, but not everyone likes the grinds and inefficiency the game has put you under.

I doubt it lost them money. Your friends could have skipped the grind with money, but they didn't, they also expected a freebie.

The "grind" serves a twofold purpose, for one to keep you playing and give you a measurable progress, and then to give you an incentive to pay to skip it.

25 minutes ago, Snib said:

It takes 10-15 waves to max any weapon from 0-30 in a random endless mission (and I don't even go to the typical farm spots, I mean just playing the game), even less if you get an affinity booster. How is that unreasonable?

And if you change your mind later? As the Stalker says, your actions have consequences.

I doubt it lost them money. Your friends could have skipped the grind with money, but they didn't, they also expected a freebie.

The "grind" serves a twofold purpose, for one to keep you playing and give you a measurable progress, and then to give you an incentive to pay to skip it.

Why would you pay to skip a grind in a game you are just starting to try out to see if you like it or not? That doesn't make any sense what so ever. If you like a game, that is WHEN you spend money on it. Also you claim about maxing something out in 10-15 waves from 0-30 I have not had that happen once. What do you mean by random endless? I will try that out. I again have to disagree with you though, the grind is off putting to some people, like you say some people like it. There are two groups of people. You need a middle ground. More customization, more freedom are things that are beneficial, not detrimental. It was detrimental when they took our max mod slots away because they removed our skill mods, this left us with less customization for our frames. The current forma polarization system leaves us with less options as well, unless you are in the category of not being bothered by tedious grind to the point of going to the extreme and grinding out multiples of the very same warframe just so you can try different builds on each one, and you sound like that category so more power to you, but I and the people I tried to get playing this game, are not that category.

Edited by TomCat86

24 minutes ago, TomCat86 said:

Why would you pay to skip a grind in a game you are just starting to try out to see if you like it or not? 

True, but what "grind" is there for a new player though? Everything you do earns you something new, you got plenty of stuff to do, if you are deciding to instead grind for something at that stage yet claim not to like grinding then that makes me wonder. 

Also you claim about maxing something out in 10-15 waves from 0-30 I have not had that happen once. What do you mean by random endless? I will try that out. 

Well, it assumes a full team, you being in affinity range of all of them, you not killing with your frame, not having other weapons to take the affinity away from the one you want to rank, etc., basically an understanding of http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity.

Endless void fissure missions come with a free stacking affinity booster btw.

It was detrimental when they took our max mod slots away because they removed our skill mods, this left us with less customization for our frames. 

Well, the only customization was that we could elect not to use certain abilities on the frames. But otherwise we have gained slots, not lost them, and forma in addition. Maybe you need a little reminder:

KTwPNvb.jpg

The current forma polarization system leaves us with less options as well, unless you are in the category of not being bothered by tedious grind, and you sound like that category so more power to you, but I and the people I tried to get playing this game, are not that category.

No, actually I'm the contrary, I'm not a grinder at all, but as I often say, it's only a grind if you make it one. I just play the game, and eventually things come to me. That does not mean I cannot be intelligent about where and how I play in order to get certain things, but it certainly means that the fun remains the priority. You won't ever find me in one of those afk affinity grind spots, for example.

Edited by Snib

17 minutes ago, Snib said:

True, but what "grind" is there for a new player though? Everything you do earns you something new, you got plenty of stuff to do, if you are deciding to instead grind for something at that stage yet claim not to like grinding then that makes me wonder. 

Well, it assumes a full team, you being in affinity range of all of them, you not killing with your frame, not having other weapons to take the affinity away from the one you want to rank, etc., basically an understanding of http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity.

Endless void fissure missions come with a free stacking affinity booster btw.

Well, the only customization was that we could elect not to use certain abilities on the frames. But otherwise we have gained slots, not lost them, and forma in addition. Maybe you need a little reminder:

KTwPNvb.jpg

No, actually I'm the contrary, I'm not a grinder at all, but as I often say, it's only a grind if you make it one. I just play the game, and eventually things come to me. That does not mean I cannot be intelligent about where and how I play in order to get certain things, but it certainly means that the fun remains the priority. You won't ever find me in one of those afk affinity grind spots, for example.

What do you mean what grind is there for a new player? The entire game is a grind. You say you are not of x category but you are clearly of x category. My brother didnt even surpass mastery rank 3 before quitting, my friends around the same as well. They are not wrong to say its all repetitive wait times and grind fest. It is just not their cup of tea. I am more lenient so I am still here, but I am trying to address and rectify things that bother me. You have less customization now because you could opt to use one or two abilities, which most frames specialize in one or two abilities anyway, my rhino prime for instance, He only uses iron skin the way I have him set up. My nekro prime only uses desecrate. So for me" I lost out on that deal. There are other people who feel the same as well. I want more options, more customization, more specialization and more flexibility. I will NEVER max a warframe or weapon in the games current state. Because as I have previously mentioned, its too tedious for me. I am missing out on content because of it. It is just the way I am. I dont exactly have a lot of time to grind things out, to get ingrediants repeatedly and to own multiples of the same warframes so I can have someone specializing in boosted stomp instead of iron skin. I want my warframe to be personalized to me. Sure I can go half half and not excel at anything and thats what you are kinda forced to do in my position because of the forma situation. I wont forma multiple slots because I cant later change that slot for a different loadout without starting that tedious process again.

Well, let's leave it at that, shall we? We are clearly very different personalities. The way you play the game would have made me quit it long ago, but we all play for our own reasons and I won't tell you what to enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Snib said:

Well, let's leave it at that, shall we? We are clearly very different personalities. The way you play the game would have made me quit it long ago, but we all play for our own reasons and I won't tell you what to enjoy.

Well said. Everyone sees things in a different way and enjoys things in different ways. Dont get me wrong I do like the game, but some things, l feel could use some improvement.

Well, there's your problem right there. Stop looking up builds. You can directly see the stats before you build it. The game tells you. You also know what mods you Currently have. Do your own experimenting. The only change idea I like is stacking polarities with extra forma

17 hours ago, shoopypit said:

Well, there's your problem right there. Stop looking up builds. You can directly see the stats before you build it. The game tells you. You also know what mods you Currently have. Do your own experimenting. The only change idea I like is stacking polarities with extra forma

Who is looking up builds and why cant they look up builds? I dont think this is even relevant to the topic.