Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie's PoE and Melee Only condition

Thundervision

So, today's Sortie#2 is PoE with Melee Only condition. Which sounds good. Well, it seemed so until I found out during my second Incursion that the target I have to assassinate is Aerial Commander. It's good that I had Sarpa equipped with x2.5 multiplier and Condition Overload, 'cause it took me 3 bursts to destroy the Commander's Dargyn on the plains (seen him appearing in caves, too).

On the other hand, what if it was a sword/whip/sparring etc. melee? Of course, you can use Operator and AMP (which you have to build first, because using Mote AMP will be pretty masochistic). Archwing powers are pretty meh on the Plains, especially against ~ Lv.60-80s. This sounds like the old Sortie Assassination with Melee Only condition, huh.

It wasn't hard for me, but I'm not sure that the others won't have troubles if they encounter the same Commander.

Edited by Thundervision

4 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Seriously bro, do you even Excalibur?

Yes. I even Excalibur Prime.

You don't know what Incursions you'll get, and even if you get Assasination Incursion -- there are 3 Commanders you may encounter. And the one I've encountered was an Aerial one. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Not everybody has Excalibur. You seem to be forgetting that the choices don't tell you how BS difficult some frames are to get.

just to inform, because the changes are recent:

Excalibur is dropped on Mars now, Trinity on Pluto and Frost on Ceres

Why is Excalibur being brought up at all?  As if everybody mains him and has precognitive abilities to already know they were about to fight aerial enemies in a melee-only sortie without looking at forums.  Yeah, hindsight people... hrrmm. :facepalm:

Anyways I was fortunate to have been playing Loki, I switch-teleported him to the ground, easy kill.

If you or your team has no ways to attack him directly, hopefully somebody has a specter who can help shoot it down.