Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decorations: Buy with plat or make it?

(XBOX)SneakingPillow

So, as the vague title says I think we should be able to make decorations and especially if the new Vignettes are a thing most people don't want to spend 720 platinum just for all 8. Nor would they want to spend even more platinum for small decorations that could be used for more space for gear and weapons. 

Instead of spending platinum and instead buying blueprints for specific decorations and then grind out the requirements for those blueprints it would be a more welcoming system as opposed to having to spend money to have a nice looking ship.

Now the question remains; This is a free to play game and platinum is a big reason as to why DE is staying afloat right now, why is spending money to get decorations that don't alter the game a bad thing?

To that question, I think its a good thing that spending money does not give you an advantage, but a limit should be set even still.

Example, spend platinum to buy the blueprints. 5-10 platinum for a single use blueprint, and in case of it being a small noggle statue or a small plant make it 2 platinum instead. It would incentivise people to spend a small amount of platinum (That would slowly add up so DE doesn't go bankrupt) and still give us something to grind for at end game. Pimp'ed out ship? you know he/she spent a lot of time to get those.

TL;DR Instead of paying for decorations, pay a small amount for Blueprints then grind for those decorations as it will get players to spend platinum and still incentivise grinding at end game.

To be honest, I’d rather just pay platinum for the decorations. 

People like me have hundreds of thousands, to millions of resources. DE would take that into account if they made blueprints. They would all be incredibly resource expensive. Likely with a reasonable platinum charge too (say, 100 plat). Cosmetic items make DE a lot of money, I do not think it would be a great idea for them to offer blueprints.

As for vignettes, do console players not get the 540 plat bundle?

Decorations and cosmetics should always cost plat. Since those generates the most incomes to DE (Probably) and they're not something you truly need.

Paying plat for a BP it's kind of meh... would rather just buy the whole thing!

Edited by Lokime

agreed - i think buying it with plat makes sense.  especially since farming for plat isnt all that difficult.  

if there were a combat advantage for one of those decorations (like some of the craftable food in FFXIV and shrines in other games) absolutely sell the BP for credits and allow it to be crafted but, for purely cosmetic items, platinum makes sense

57 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I think there needs to be a mix of both. The resource ones for example should be built. Picture frames, furniture etc should be plat. That way you can spend the resources on making things and also have stuff to buy

i do like the idea of making the resource decorations craftable from said resource.  

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

People like me have hundreds of thousands, to millions of resources. DE would take that into account if they made blueprints. They would all be incredibly resource expensive. Likely with a reasonable platinum charge too (say, 100 plat). Cosmetic items make DE a lot of money, I do not think it would be a great idea for them to offer blueprints.

For me I see this as a thing to help DE drain those huge pools however. 
By making cosmetics a huge resource sink (IE those only veterans can really afford) it means they don't require adding weapons (or other gear) with huge costs (like the Hema) to drain those resource stockpiles, or worse still simply ignore using those current resources being used at all for a whole batch of new ones.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

I think there needs to be a mix of both. The resource ones for example should be built. Picture frames, furniture etc should be plat. That way you can spend the resources on making things and also have stuff to buy

This would tend to be the best option, like we get for syndana (buy them or get them from syndicates/baro) and other skins.

Vignettes for example could of been done so as to let players build say the fish tank option (a fairly basic one) and have the others (the more complex diorama ones) for purchasing.  Likewise the wall shader effects aren't great and don't really seem worth it for the plat either (to me at least) are a good option for crafting (and tend to feel a bit nickle and diming because of it).

Cosmetic elements can cost plat as long as game changing elements remain farmable for free. This is how plat sales continue. Some thing must be locked with plat like cosmetics and slots. The fact that DE allows players to trade premium currency is enough to just be thankful for in a f2p. Use coupons on larger plat items and sell small things to increase your plat. Everything outside of exclusives, can be obtained without paying for it, thanks to trading.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos