Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content drought

S.Dust

Im bored over the last week or so i made a goal for myself to make 325 p to get the Loki hulta armor from the deluxe set (couldn't care less about the skin i don't like it) and i reached that goal like 2 days ago and that's great but now what? I would mess around in the plains but there is no incentive everything you do in the plains is just to do more stuff in the plains; kill eidolons to rank up with the quills so you can get stuff to kill eidolons faster, rank up in cetus so you can get access to other baits and ore so you can build the stuff from the quills and you already know that loop. I understand De isnt a big team but why do i feel like everything going on atm is all either fashion frame or for new players. I know we have the Apostasy quest coming and to that i say great except ill finish the quest in an hour or so and then probably be bored again. What i want is for the new eidolons to come out atleast then i can occupy myself with something new and big to kill. I could set another goal to buy something but then i would be sitting in trade chat waiting for people looking to buy what i have and that would take years cause all people want are rivens for very specific weapons. Now I've found myself doing LOR from time to time but as fun as that is I dont feel like its doing anything for me since i get a ton of mis match arcanes i don't want and cant really sell. So yeah can we get some stuff in the game like the rainalyst and the mega terralsyt idk just something. New players have alot to do why dont we work on some stuff for the people who have actually finished the star chart now please.

Side not 325p for the loki hulta armor wouldn't say worth it cause that's a lot for 1 set of armor but the armor does look REALLY GOOD on loki as long as  you dont use the deluxe skin.

Ive just started playing again cause i got bored with warframe.Must have taken a year off,now im back i cant tbelieve how much de have added so so impressive. So yea stop playing for a bit let a few updates trickle out and start again,for me its like coming back to a new game.

These last couple updates of fixes/changes have kept me happy. De cant just keep releasing new content without fixing/tweaking the older stuff. I appreciate de's attitude to this so many studios keep releasing new content without fixing what they have.

Edited by ukhooligan

Well my GPU died so i had to take a break. Im currently running on onboard GPU and it can barely handle Youtube.

And that break is actually nice. So if you feel like the game is boring or taking too much out of you or you simply have nothing to do anymore, take a break. It's refreshing and you'll look forward to coming back instead of going "Oh no, not this again!".

I think Warframe is exactly that game. Just play it if you feel like it. It'll always be there and if you are patient enough, it'll always have something new eventually.

7 minutes ago, ukhooligan said:

Ive just started playing again cause i got bored with warframe.Must have taken a year off,now im back i cant tbelieve how much de have added so so impressive. So yea stop playing for a bit let a few updates trickle out and start again,for me its like coming back to a new game.

These last couple updates of fixes/changes have kept me happy. De cant just keep releasing new content without fixing/tweaking the older stuff. I appreciate de's attitude to this so many studios keep releasing new content without fixing what they have.

Well ehm...DE has notorious reputation for leaving old systems behind and not exactly spending enough time fixing them.

I have to agree with OP here, but I also do agree with Aleksi.

While no one is forcing you to play, Warframe does feel a bit "Content Drought" of late, I keep finding myself with nothing to do, most of the time. For example today: I levelled up Mesa &  shoved a few Forma in her few times, but that was only due to the new skin that came out, that made Mesa visually appealing to play as and it adds another OC to my loadout.

I've got into the habit of only ranking and putting effort into a frame that I enjoy and I find either visually appealing or the power set is great. For exp: Harrow, this kit is perfect and his design is nice, hence why he has been geared up quite a bit, same as for Oberon Prime, Loki Prime, etc. Once Umbra comes out, I'll be levelling him and putting gear into him (and news flash: He'll be the first time I've touched "Excal")

I'm waiting for Khora, with her new weapons, as her power kit looks very nice and I'll like something new to level and experience, along with what other goodies come, with the new Tennogen round 2, with Octavia's skin (that I'll begin making a build for her). (Tho I may change her skin if her Dexule skin turns out really great)

So overall: I have to agree, I'm still waiting for the new main big quest, to see what that brings as well.

But fear not OP, I'm positive that the new update (Khora, Tennogen, New weapons and th new plain monster things) will be out next week, tho don't hold your breath.

My advice whuold be, is just do your dailies, hang around in Ceuts, Relays, talk to people or just take a break until the game is updated.

As DE Did say below: It's not along now and they have stated that it's not what many people are after and that is really good, so enjoy yourself until it comes out OP!

Disclaimer:

Tenno! This Update brings you yet another Mainline! You may recall from the end of 2017 what that means... it could be a bit bumpy! We're standing by to fix any issues. The major reason for this mainline is that we've done a massive Code audit that touched almost 3000 different core engine files to better optimize Warframe. While this Update brings you some new fashion frame options for Mesa and 3 new Augments, the majority of this Update is focused on bringing fixes and Quality of Life changes. If that's not what you're after, we've got lots of great stuff coming very soon. The Plains are going to get a lot more dangerous at night in an upcoming Update..... 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

OK 1 simple question, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Every single thing in life gets boring if you do it a lot. Some things last longer than others but the outcome is always the same. There will never be enough new content, unless DE will give us huge updates every 2 weeks. New eidolons, new quests, new landscapes will get boring after a week or few and you will complain again. The harsh truth is that complaining about it wont change anything. If you are bored than leave, thats the best thing you can do. Come back when you will feel like it, even if thats means never.

50 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Quality over quantity, while also preserving some level of self control.

I also find it rather doubtful majority of the player base has completed everything PoE has to offer due to personal feels.

Never claimed that i completed poe but I did say that poe is just one giant loop nothing you do in poe has any influence on the rest of the game.

Just now, S.Dust said:

Never claimed that i completed poe but I did say that poe is just one giant loop nothing you do in poe has any influence on the rest of the game.

If you discount Zaws and Operator progress, sure. But both of them were the main selling point(s) for PoE.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

OK 1 simple question, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Every single thing in life gets boring if you do it a lot. Some things last longer than others but the outcome is always the same. There will never be enough new content, unless DE will give us huge updates every 2 weeks. New eidolons, new quests, new landscapes will get boring after a week or few and you will complain again. The harsh truth is that complaining about it wont change anything. If you are bored than leave, thats the best thing you can do. Come back when you will feel like it, even if thats means never.

The giant terralyst or megalyst was shown off weeks ago and we havent been told anything about its progress and the rainalyst the one thats meant to fly was teased and we also have been told nothing about its progress maybe i wouldn't say anything if i knew where things were or at least knew something was coming.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

If you discount Zaws and Operator progress, sure. But both of them were the main selling point(s) for PoE.

operator progress ill give you zaws i wont while they can be good i think we all more often see people using other weapons that arent custom built either because they're good or because they dont have to wait till they guild them to know what the final stats are.

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

The giant terralyst or megalyst was shown off weeks ago and we havent been told anything about its progress and the rainalyst the one thats meant to fly was teased and we also have been told nothing about its progress maybe i wouldn't say anything if i knew where things were or at least knew something was coming.

And?We waited for PoE for how long? Did you expected it like next week or something? They can even come out next year. DE will release them when they will be ready. Any expectations lead only to disappointment. Deal with it. 

I'm at this point too.  Every frame formaed up and ready to go, every MR item (except Sigma and Octanis), thousands of plat more than I could ever spend, bored of plains, and so on.  

It's not DE's fault.  They've provided plenty of wonderful content, far beyond what I expected for this game.  It's just what happens when I get all caught up with the content.  I'm not done with the game yet, but I just check in every day for sortie and spend time playing other games until new content drops, then I knock it out in a week or two.  

to be fair,

how many games you play before has 21 chapter of quest ?

how many games you play before has 34 class

and few hundred equipment ?

it is actually quite decent. Most games you can actually unlocked all in like 100 hours ? I doubt you can do it in warframe xd

On 1/27/2018 at 2:16 PM, Aleksi134 said:

Well the new quest wont just be an update with a new quest...it will maybe introduce new mechanics, will introduce new weapons,umbra and whatever. And if you are bored then dont play the game no one is forcing but yourself.

The whole "No one is forcing you to play the game." Argument is absolutely bonkers, people want to play the game and they want the game to give them stuff to do. That is not a bad thing, that's the stuff that keeps games alive. Warframe would be dead if everyone shared that mentality, since there is not a lot to do in the end game past pointless grinding. Telling people to stop playing the game when they are asking for more content is bad for the game.

22 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Zaws affect the whole game but there are better weapons for most cases, and the limited time Zaws that were amazing during Plague Star aren't around to balance that out so Zaws aren't really worth much besides the daggers. The operator progress for PoE is absolutely useless anywhere other than Eidolon hunting, the only way it affects the rest of the game is by unlocking the focus tree progress which is also barely used outside Eidolon farming aside from energizing dash sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

to be fair,

how many games you play before has 21 chapter of quest ?

how many games you play before has 34 class

and few hundred equipment ?

it is actually quite decent. Most games you can actually unlocked all in like 100 hours ? I doubt you can do it in warframe xd

To be fair most quests are super short and easy, most frames are quick to level and then never used again outside specific objectives like farming for Nekros, most equipment is used for MR fodder and then tossed away because you need the slots for actual equipment. Sure there's a lot to do, but doing most of it is pointless past a certain point and feels like it's just being done because it can be done not because it's enjoyable to do. 

I'm sure OP is at the point where he's done all the quests and has good enough weapons like the Tigris Prime, and has hit the point where any weapon he makes is for MR fodder. I certainly am and I can see where he's coming from. The game has no goal at the moment and most "endgame" content like sorties and LoR or JV can be done super easily which makes them feel like just normal game content and not actual end game level stuff like most other games make raids feel.

32 minutes ago, Vaz2017 said:

No game has ever produced content fast enough to keep endgamers satisfied.  Except e-sports games where there's a competitive treadmill, like League, or games where you regularly take heavy losses, like EVE Online or Ark.

I would atm accept them just taking the loop out of the plains for a start cause i have no motivation to go there even if im not maxed out because i know anything i do there is just to do more stuff there and doesnt effect the rest of the game.