The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why mains are absolute nonsense

Ragnarok160

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

What you listed here has absolutely nothing at all to do with maining a frame.  What you described was caused by either a player trolling you or playing badly.  

and there goes yet again with the dismissing the examples i've given after being accused of not giving them

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

and clearly people are moved enough by this post to let me know they don't care but still give me there insight? clearly i'm doing something right.

Actually, I had posted in the thread to tell you that your OP made you seem ridiculous, and to give you a couple of tips on how to not seem ridiculous.

I forgot to mention earlier that I main Ember.  Feel free to cry about it.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I wasn't dismissing anything.  I just said that those examples you gave don't relate in any way to maining a frame.  

people do things, i ask them to stop/ change for the benefit of the party, person says know, claims they main, whats the confusion here?

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

and there goes yet again with the dismissing the examples i've given after being accused of not giving them

Your examples are of bad players.  And I doubt they even meet your criteria of 90% playtime, unless you got stuck with some fresh-from-stasis-newbs somehow, and only have 3 Warframes to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Loki dying in high level void missions does not in any way explain how someone "maining" Loki caused said Loki to die in high level void missions. Running EV Trin in a sortie also does not explain what problem there is with someone "maining" Trin. 

You are being "accused" of not giving examples because your examples do not exemplify the arguments you are making. 

Throughout this entire thread, I've never understood why your problem is with "mains." Almost every problem (if not literally every problem) you have described is someone using a frame in a way that doesn't seem to line up with your perception of how it should be used (or what frame they should be using instead). I'm not sure you've provided an example where you've actually explained the causal connection between "maining" the frame and the perceived problem. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Given you quoted my ENTIRE POST which bit are you referring to? What kind of main am I? What kind of main are they?

What does it matter, Warframes hardly fall under a traditional archetype.

a traditional mmorpg archetype is maining

Request for OP's credentials considering trials, "high level survivals" and general stats.

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

It is not. 
Source : I have played most of the big MMORPG's that came out the past 10 years.

Edited by phoenix1992

Just now, MagPrime said:

Your examples are of bad players.  And I doubt they even meet your criteria of 90% playtime, unless you got stuck with some fresh-from-stasis-newbs somehow, and only have 3 Warframes to begin with. 

i also said hard bias picks not just 90% and it doesnt matter if they are so called "newbs" they claim to main and so my post was birthed

2 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

Loki dying in high level void missions does not in any way explain how someone "maining" Loki caused said Loki to die in high level void missions. Running EV Trin in a sortie also does not explain what problem there is with someone "maining" Trin. 

You are being "accused" of not giving examples because your examples do not exemplify the arguments you are making. 

Throughout this entire thread, I've never understood why your problem is with "mains." Almost every problem (if not literally every problem) you have described is someone using a frame in a way that doesn't seem to line up with your perception of how it should be used (or what frame they should be using instead). I'm not sure you've provided an example where you've actually explained the causal connection between "maining" the frame and the perceived problem. 

they are accused of maining because when i ask them to swap they claim they wont because they main, whats the confusion?

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Which is something Warframe doesn't have, so your entire topic is invalidated due to ones inability to main a Warframe based on this comment.

he said warframe isnt traditional archetype and i said traditional is maining which means if traditional is maining and warframe isn't traditional then warframe isn't a game to main

im 24 so have i

24 what?

MR 24 (if this is the case) means nothing - hello there Draco.

Which is something Warframe doesn't have, so your entire topic is invalidated due to ones inability to main a Warframe based on this comment.

It does not fit MMORPG archetype either. The only way people use "main" for stuff like WoW, Guild Wars and so on, is if they have other charterers that they actively use, but are usually not as developed for End Game activities.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

people do things, i ask them to stop/ change for the benefit of the party, person says know, claims they main, whats the confusion here?

The confusion here is that you are confusing a trolling player with one that mains.  Which has lead you to make a useless topic based on a flawed argument that is constantly being debunked by everyone that posts.  

he said warframe isnt traditional archetype and i said traditional is maining which means if traditional is maining and warframe isn't traditional then warframe isn't a game to main

But you don't main the game, you main a Warframe with a flexible mod selection, that effectively changes that Warframes role within the team.

:facepalm:

Oh how delightfully helpful. How gloriously amazing that you could try and get pedantic right now, instead of actually countering ANY of the points I raised.

By archetype I was obviously referring to your standard Support/Tank/DPS archetypes. Something that has already been mentioned throughout the thread, the context was already there.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

The confusion here is that you are confusing a trolling player with one that mains.  Which has lead you to make a useless topic based on a flawed argument that is constantly being debunked by everyone that posts.  

oh i'm sorry i didn't realize you were there when it happened, i wasn't aware you were clairvoyant, tell me what is the lotus doing right now? i terrible miss her

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

they are accused of maining because when i ask them to swap they claim they wont because they main, whats the confusion?

I'm not confused on how you are establishing they main a frame. I'm confused why them maining the frame is a problem. Your examples are not illuminating (at least not to me...).

Edited by Ascarith

Massive Multiplayer Online? Check

Role Playing Game? You play as godly space ninjas and can make impactful decisions based on your own ideals. I say that is a massive check there.

Just playing devils advocate, that particular statement is not without some amount of merit.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

:facepalm:

Oh how delightfully helpful. How gloriously amazing that you could try and get pedantic right now, instead of actually countering ANY of the points I raised.

By archetype I was obviously referring to your standard Support/Tank/DPS archetypes. Something that has already been mentioned throughout the thread, the context was already there.

i said in an earlier comment that categorizing frames into the holy trinity of gaming was difficult since some frames can fulfill multiple roles, also what points did i miss? i may have missed your comment, theirs a crap ton right now

Just now, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Massive Multiplayer Online? Check

Role Playing Game? You play as godly space ninjas and can make impactful decisions based on your own ideals. I say that is a massive check there.

Just playing devils advocate, that particular statement is not without some amount of merit.

I was being snarky tbh.  This entire topic is based on the flawed link between bad players and players who main Warframes, I really am having a hard time taking it seriously.