Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara, the best solo DPS for Hydron

MiggyDeePH

Gara. Tenno use her now less frequently due to the nerf she got on her 4th ability, when DE decided to remove its invulnerability. Little do they know, she's actually one of the best DPS, if not the best frame, in the game. Watch this video showcasing her DPS build:

Timestamps:
0:39 - Why It Works
1:00 - Mods used
1:49 - Routine
2:35 - Demo Start
5:21 - Wave 5
8:26 - Wave 10
9:32 - Dancing Octavia

Only 94% power strength. No EV Trinity. No Rhino Buff. No Corrosive Projection aura.

A Riven Mod affected, large AOE explosion. A Riven Mod affected puncture/slash Atterax-like 1st ability. A 90% damage reduction, chest-destroying shield. A 3rd and 4th ability that can crowd control. A 4th ability that can act as an objective shield, that you can shoot through from outside unlike Frost's.

Here is a lvl 50-60 Sortie Defense Mission from long ago, with Augmented Armor! Had to pause on last round.

Gara just needs to mind her positioning when casting Mass Vitrify, so that it hits all enemies outside the glass ring.

Cheers!

Edited by MiggyDeePH
Revised the whole post. Added video with the new Captura System.

So... it's worse than Slow Nova on Hydron... it actually stops the entire game and you have to go around hunting for enemies :|

Ignore, I closed the tab, didn't actually post this, why did it get posted anyways? I was actually kinda impressed by the results.

Edited by Acersecomic
error?

2 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

So... it's worse than Slow Nova on Hydron... it actually stops the entire game and you have to go around hunting for enemies :|

Not essentially. You just cast MV over an area (I mostly do it from the pod out and have it barely reach the open points on the lower platform on hydron) and break it within a couple seconds. With enough strength and a bit of range it could pretty much kill anything near it. Albeit it's not the best way to kill everything, but it's kinda neat and different. Ever since Gara was changed this is the only way I've played her, along with keeping up and casting the damage reduction ability on myself and teammates.

6 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

If you accidentally CCed the enemy by letting the expanding ring hit it, just recast then press again before the ring hits it again, then break. You can control the expansion of the ring. As you can see in the vid, there's almost no downtime except with Nox.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dublincore said:

Really impressive. As you wrote maybe after 10 waves things shouldn't be so easy, but for fast leveling it's ok. 

We just tried with 30 waves, then someone left and everyone else left. Heavy Gunner takes two rings to kill. The only problem is Nox.

Miggy, just so you know the feedback section of the forums is for posting feedback for the developers to read. If you have advice for other players you should post that in the Players Helping Players section. If you want to, you can use the "report post" button (top right of your post) to send a message to the moderators asking them to move your thread to the appropriate section. It's your call. Either way welcome to the forums!

8 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Considering the fact you had an incomplete build on your melee weapon, this was impressive. I may have to try this.

Yes! A godly setup would probably be viable in the high tier. I can't figure out because I can't find anyone in youtube using Gara like this.

9 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

Miggy, just so you know the feedback section of the forums is for posting feedback for the developers to read. If you have advice for other players you should post that in the Players Helping Players section. If you want to, you can use the "report post" button (top right of your post) to send a message to the moderators asking them to move your thread to the appropriate section. It's your call. Either way welcome to the forums!

Oh my I didn't notice this was in feedback. All I saw was Warframes and Abilties lol. Hope the mods can transfer this thread.

I've been enjoying Gara as some sort of chokepoint maker/melee shocktrooper/cc ever since I built her. She works amazingly well on both offense and defense without using her wall as a defensive tool. I love it for its CC and burst damage. In the POE it is a wonderful tool to lock down enemies that are scattered all around the objective, giving people plenty of time to clear them out. To me she is just a better Frost than Frost since her 4 works like a hybrid between globe and avalanche with a heap more utility, plus you dont need to have an augment taking up a slot for a 50% chance to CC those that enter. She also brings some nasty damage with her 1 and 2 as they are, with a nice boost when combined with her 4.

When farming Derelict Survival or something similar she is my go-to frame. Just find a good spot, preferably with 3 points of entry and farm away. Nothing will touch you and everything will die the moment it reaches the wall. It is also a very simple way to level up 3 weapons, since you wont really need any to clear the waves.

38 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Oh.My.God.

Do my eyes deceive me?

A link to youtube with an explanation of what is going on in it, so I can decide if I want to bother or not? Just for that respect of my free time, you deserve updots.

On a more serious note, how does it compare to Sounquake?

Specifically on hydron, Soundquake can get the job done quicker up to wave 15-20 or so. Not to say MV can't, it just requires enemies to come out of their spawn and be a lot closer to the wall when you shatter it, which could mean it's a bit slower depending on the setup. Also not to say that MV can wipe enemies beyond 20, it's just at that point Soundquake sometimes (depending on build and user) will keep enemies in their spawn for too long while doing slower damage, making it longer. While MV can deliver quick bursts of damage and CC if enemies are swarming the defense target. I guess it goes down to preference. Both can preform well, but one is slower, and one is riskier in higher levels. In lower levels, they're just almost the same.

this issue is not that gara, cannot nuke maps, but its that her defensive shielding of 4 is no longer enough to help zones, 2 is great on self, but catching mobile users can be a problem, casting two on def zones can work sometimes or not, kinda buggy 3 isnt great dosnt scale well 

1 & 2 are her major damaging points  1+4 is great

1 also scales from damage rivens 

I tried this out and even unranked I like this better than Soundquake.

Does really high damage for a map-wide attack: 10k+ on Hydron Grineer with my Riven'd melee, enough to oneshot level 50 heavy gunners without any CP.  Doesn't hold back Eximii or Noxes like Banshee does.  Nothing other than Nox really gets close and perma-90% damage reduction is nice for face-tanking their attacks.

I am pretty impressed overall, for rounds 1~20 I only like Saryn more for speed clearing since she kills the Nox too for me.  (Yay for spores no longer making mobs immune to melee attacks as well.)

Update:

Tested this out more and it can even reach the enemy spawn points, definitely can kill faster than mobs are allowed to spawn on Hydron.  Still seeing 10~20k damage at round 20 on Hydron with an occasional 40~50k.  Got in an unspoken competition with a Banshee and beat them 66\34 in the first 5 rounds, advantage would only increase after that.  Kind of a pain if things slip past the wall though, since it doesn't damage things inside of it and I assume the rest of the group is usually afk or something.

Edited by Ailyene
Update

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Timidobserver said:

Does the damage her 1 does factor into the damage of exploding her 4?

Yep, its added to her 4's explosion damage in addition to a tiny amount of Heat damage.  And her Shattered Lash's damage is influenced by melee mods including rivens allowing it to scale to a decent level if you mod the melee specifically for the skill.

So if my Shattered Lash does 30k damage then Mass Vitrify's explosion is going to deal a bit over that much damage to everything.

13 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

Yep, its added to her 4's explosion damage in addition to a tiny amount of Heat damage.  And her Shattered Lash's damage is influenced by melee mods including rivens allowing it to scale to a decent level if you mod the melee specifically for the skill.

So if my Shattered Lash does 30k damage then Mass Vitrify's explosion is going to deal a bit over that much damage to everything.

That explains a lot. I already play Gara this way but I never understood why it does so much damage.

• 1 month later...