Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward

-PLM-Waldschrat

As a veteran of Warframe i desperately wait for a Daily Login Reward rework. I'am playing warframe for 3 years now with over 3000 hours mission time. But some times you need to take a break. After those breaks, even if you log in every day AND actually play the game for hours EVERY day, you got no chance to catch up. Now im sitting here with more than 100 days behind and cant belive this is not changed jet. THIS need a revisit before we can rank up to MR 26.

Edited by -PLM-Waldschrat

Just now, HIGHDAMAGE said:

hmm what about those who logged every single day seems a let down to me

That was their choice and they were rewarded with the items before everyone else, as well as the bragging rights.  But the system isn't working for a lot of people and DE saw fit to make a change.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

That was their choice and they were rewarded with the items before everyone else, as well as the bragging rights.  But the system isn't working for a lot of people and DE saw fit to make a change.

Responses like these make me cringe. "Choice" is a double edged sword, a choice isn't any less a choice even if it is unpopular. People make a choice to not log in because they rather do other things (whether it is healthy or not). Of course it is not working for a lot of people because their choice provides them less, however it is still a choice. Opportunity also favors the lucky and pro-active.

That be said, the idea DE floated around is a reasonable compromise. It doesn't actually let you "catch up" but it gives you some options on how you wish to advance. If you want to go for a weapon (like the zenistar) you can pick that for your 50 day milestone. If you want a primed mod, you can pick that instead. So on and so forth. But it still will take you as much time to get everything.

Also I wish people would stop bring MR into these type of discussions because assuming Warframe continues for a long while what happens when it is possible to reach MR30 (the theoretical max MR). Anything they add after will be fodder for things people don't have meaning they don't need other things. Simply it is about time scale. You don't need to be max rank immediately and the longer the game goes the easier it gets.

24 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

Responses like these make me cringe. "Choice" is a double edged sword, a choice isn't any less a choice even if it is unpopular. People make a choice to not log in because they rather do other things (whether it is healthy or not). Of course it is not working for a lot of people because their choice provides them less, however it is still a choice. Opportunity also favors the lucky and pro-active.

Response like this make me cringe as well, mainly because it belittles peoples real life issues to "choice"

I've been playing for years, yet I'm barely into the 400 bracket.  Why?  Because I made the "choice" of getting a job in an area that limited my internet access. 

Some people are in a position to log in everyday, awesome.  Some people aren't, also awesome.  But no one should dump on the second group of people by claiming their "choice" to not log in is a "choice" worth debating when compared to real life obligations. 

Also, just to be clear (because I can feel this "cringe" worthy response coming) I don't care about the login system to begin with.  I don't think we need a catch up system, I don't think we need a path selection system, I don't think we even need the daily login reward system.  If you have to basically be bribed to play the game, then the game sucks, or you're playing the wrong game.

Edited by MagPrime

The issue is just the time requirements are becoming less and less obtainable with each passing day. Something needs updating so new players don't feel HOPELESSLY left behind.

I still believe players who have been around for all logins should be happy that they've gotten their rewards early, will always be ahead of players behind, and that they've gotten to enjoy the game and help shape its future.

It doesn't bother me at all to think new players could get ahold of weapons/mods I've had for over a year a little sooner than I did. I'll still have earlier access to all the new stuff than they will.

I dont quite see where theres a need to "catch up" like this game is some sort of race. None of the items are particularly gamechanging and many arent going to fit into builds. 

All this talk of being left behind.. do none of your weapons do damage so you desperately need login weapons? Even the primed mods like shred and vigor have a hard time fitting into builds with all the new mods we have.

Theres literally no one belittling you because you dont have these things other than your own sense of importance. And its a pve game primarily. I'd understand if they were god teir pvp weapons but since i dont play it ill let you decide that. But for pve? Surely in the 300+ weapons out there you have better. I know that 90% of my pistols perform better than the azima even with a great riven. Most guns out perform my zenith without its riven, and while the sigma and octantis is best in its class, as a whole people are still using other weapons for actually killing rooms of enemies quickly. They're fun weapons with interesting mechanics but as far as NEEDING them you really dont. 

51 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

hmm what about those who logged every single day seems a let down to me

You don't have to worry, the proposed change doesn't really affect those who have logged in everyday. It's just going to make it easier for new players to get specific rewards. People who have already gotten those rewards are still going to be ahead since they have all of it. But, let's say we have new comer who really wants to get primed fury, he can choose to go for that and delay getting other rewards. They would still need to put in as many days to get the equivalent amount of rewards. 

8 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I dont quite see where theres a need to "catch up" like this game is some sort of race. None of the items are particularly gamechanging and many arent going to fit into builds. 

All this talk of being left behind.. do none of your weapons do damage so you desperately need login weapons? Even the primed mods like shred and vigor have a hard time fitting into builds with all the new mods we have.

Theres literally no one belittling you because you dont have these things other than your own sense of importance. And its a pve game primarily. I'd understand if they were god teir pvp weapons but since i dont play it ill let you decide that. But for pve? Surely in the 300+ weapons out there you have better. I know that 90% of my pistols perform better than the azima even with a great riven. Most guns out perform my zenith without its riven, and while the sigma and octantis is best in its class, as a whole people are still using other weapons for actually killing rooms of enemies quickly. They're fun weapons with interesting mechanics but as far as NEEDING them you really dont. 

To be fair, this argument applies to both sides. If they're so mediocre, why should anyone care if everyone can get them and instead just give out cosmetics or something for logins? It's just bragging rights at that point, and it's only a pve videogame, so bragging rights really don't matter anyway. We're all here for fun.

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

mainly because it belittles peoples real life issues to "choice"

"Belittle"? I am not the one belittling anything. I have a very strict view of choice. A very uncaring cold stance. Choice is a huge deal. Suggesting that we frame choice to fit our situation and beliefs is a travesty which belittles choice itself. Let me throw an extreme example: You have to make a choice to jump off a cliff and die or decline and not die. Many people will say that's not a choice because why would you choose to die? But that isn't important to the choice, you still have to pick between them. I am not the one to take that choice away from someone.  Like I said a choice is a choice. I also said opportunity favors the lucky and the pro-active. I sympathize for anyone that has other factors (other perhaps "more" important choices) that impede the outcome of this particular choice but in the end it is still a choice. If it is something truly one desires then they can make the choice to find a way to make it work.

14 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

"Belittle"? I am not the one belittling anything. I have a very strict view of choice. A very uncaring cold stance. Choice is a huge deal. Suggesting that we frame choice to fit our situation and beliefs is a travesty which belittles choice itself. Let me throw an extreme example: You have to make a choice to jump off a cliff and die or decline and not die. Many people will say that's not a choice because why would you choose to die? But that isn't important to the choice, you still have to pick between them. I am not the one to take that choice away from someone.  Like I said a choice is a choice. I also said opportunity favors the lucky and the pro-active. I sympathize for anyone that has other factors (other perhaps "more" important choices) that impede the outcome of this particular choice but in the end it is still a choice. If it is something truly one desires then they can make the choice to find a way to make it work.

You are correct that those are technically a choice, but those are the kinds of ones that are considered no brainers.  

And tbh, your opening line was rather rude, so I wasn't as receptive as I think you wanted.  

21 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You are correct that those are technically a choice, but those are the kinds of ones that are considered no brainers. 

Yes and I covered that in that very post. People make choices based on the information they have and the things they value. Stacking the odds in favor of one or the other doesn't make it any less a choice as well as people's values differ. People aren't wrong to choose real life issues over something as insignificant as a non-consequential game but in that same choice they decided that the content of the game isn't worth that effort (for most cases it shouldn't be because it is not). But they can't come back later and say that it wasn't fair. In the same way people that made the choice to make time/find a way to at least log in doesn't make them out of touch with life. That is the gravity I hold in the word choice. 

48 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

And tbh, your opening line was rather rude, so I wasn't as receptive as I think you wanted.

Perhaps. My frustrations get the better of me sometimes. However I am only here because "choice" was brought into the discussion (intentionally or not). It was a visceral response because I see people do it all the time for things that are unwarranted.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

To be fair, this argument applies to both sides. If they're so mediocre, why should anyone care if everyone can get them and instead just give out cosmetics or something for logins? It's just bragging rights at that point, and it's only a pve videogame, so bragging rights really don't matter anyway. We're all here for fun.

personally I think they always should have been cosmetics. Or even skins for weapon entire weapon classes since i'm really loving having the mesa pistols on most of my pistols they could easily have done something like that. I'd even be open to the idea that they just make the weapons and mods available to everyone and then just give us cosmetics up to our current login milestones. Would still be bragging rights, but at least we wouldnt have hundreds of these login reward threads

There is simply no way to make the new system fair to older players.

1. older players had to get the azima first and had to way 800 days to get primed shred. Newer players can skip the weapons and get primed shred in 50 days.

2. Older players were FORCED to spend their login reward days on sigils and boosters. If the new system isn't 100 days to the mods and weapons with sigils and boosters at the 50 day mark (but you can choose which 100 day reward to work towards) then a lot of veterans are going to be upset.

3. Anyone who played for the last two years but is taking a break now is SCREWED. They played for 2 years and got to primed Shred now they are taking a break. The person who didn't play for the last two years but starts now and plays two years will have all of the "good" things the old players had, no boosters, no sigils, no azima, etc - and at the end of 4 years be WAY ahead of the first player, as they will have all the "good" things from the next 2 years,  even though they both played 4 years and logged in the identical amount of times. 

If they are going to change it that HAVE to keep the 100 day reward system with a companion sigil/booster at 50, and they should reward older players with some kind of compensation for playing in a bad system if they are now deciding it's a bad system. Perhaps give some cosmetic to those over 800, over 600, over 400, that can never be gotten again, something.

Edited by Shockwave-