Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Improve Mastery Rank practice to reduce annoyance when you cannot pass one

BlueThing00

I just returned to Warframe after nearly a year.  One of the major reasons I stopped playing a year ago was the brick wall of the Mastery Rank 11 test.  I suck at parkour (in fact, I suck at platforming in most games), and I've been stymied by this mastery test.

Since returning, I have done many practice runs, all resulting in me getting stuck at the same point.  I've watched video guides and I know in theory what I need to do, but I cannot actually practice getting through the route because I keep falling (and losing a lot of time) trying to get past the same point.  At most, I get 2 tries at making the jump I need to make because the spot I get returned to after falling requires me to backtrack to be able to try again.  To add insult to injury, after failing the practice run, it returns me to the relay, putting an even larger delay between me and practicing what I need to practice.

This is incredibly unfriendly to those of us who are struggling with a Mastery test.  As this test is blocking me from getting the Mastery Rank needed to acquire or build several weapons I really want to use, it is starting to become exceedingly frustrating.

Suggestions:

1) Allow a practice mode option where you are told you have exceeded the time limit, but the mission does not fail.  This would allow me to actually practice getting through the mission to understand what I need to do before trying to do it faster.

2) If the untimed version isn't feasible, allow you to immediately restart the practice mission instead of loading out to the relay and then back to the practice mission.  As it is now, the loading times both ways greatly (and unnecessarily) increase the time between practice runs.

3) Allow me to pay platinum to skip this annoying test.  If I could spend a reasonable amount of platinum right now to never have to play this super annoying Mastery Test again, I'd probably do it. 

In summary, the pain point here is that nothing else in Warframe resembles this test and all it is doing is keeping me from acquiring new weapons.  It is an impediment to me enjoying the game.  The mechanics of the practice system make trying to get past this mission substantially more annoying than it needs to be.

What ?
All mastery test are super easy and doesn't require any stuff to be completed as they all can be done with unranked/unmodded starter stuff.

Honestly, if you can't pass one of the test after multiple pratices, you just don't "deserve" to get to the next rank. They are named "mastery" tests, so you actually need to mastery the game.
If there is a change I would make about mastery rank, I would make them harder to actually force player to improve their skill before getting the next rank and associated weapons.

17 minutes ago, BlueThing00 said:

I just returned to Warframe after nearly a year.  One of the major reasons I stopped playing a year ago was the brick wall of the Mastery Rank 11 test.  I suck at parkour (in fact, I suck at platforming in most games), and I've been stymied by this mastery test.

Since returning, I have done many practice runs, all resulting in me getting stuck at the same point.  I've watched video guides and I know in theory what I need to do, but I cannot actually practice getting through the route because I keep falling (and losing a lot of time) trying to get past the same point.  At most, I get 2 tries at making the jump I need to make because the spot I get returned to after falling requires me to backtrack to be able to try again.  To add insult to injury, after failing the practice run, it returns me to the relay, putting an even larger delay between me and practicing what I need to practice.

This is incredibly unfriendly to those of us who are struggling with a Mastery test.  As this test is blocking me from getting the Mastery Rank needed to acquire or build several weapons I really want to use, it is starting to become exceedingly frustrating.

Suggestions:

Spoiler

1) Allow a practice mode option where you are told you have exceeded the time limit, but the mission does not fail.  This would allow me to actually practice getting through the mission to understand what I need to do before trying to do it faster.

2) If the untimed version isn't feasible, allow you to immediately restart the practice mission instead of loading out to the relay and then back to the practice mission.  As it is now, the loading times both ways greatly (and unnecessarily) increase the time between practice runs.

3) Allow me to pay platinum to skip this annoying test.  If I could spend a reasonable amount of platinum right now to never have to play this super annoying Mastery Test again, I'd probably do it. 

In summary, the pain point here is that nothing else in Warframe resembles this test and all it is doing is keeping me from acquiring new weapons.  It is an impediment to me enjoying the game.  The mechanics of the practice system make trying to get past this mission substantially more annoying than it needs to be.

When i first did this test (Years ago) i failed on the first atempt since i was unfamiliar with it and the position of the Time orbs then completed it on the second time (24 hours later).

Once [DE] introduced the Practice Mode and allowed us to repeat the tests, i have done it multiple times again and again just to prove people that its not that hard. I have completed it with ease using Zephyr which is my Main, using Frost due to his slowness and even with a fully Unmodded Excalibur with normal Skana, normal Lato (Pre-buff) and MK1-Braton just to prove that gear wasnt an issue.

xnNHGcK.jpg

This test has practically no Parkour requirements as there is only one place you might be required to Bullet jump up which in the past (Parkour 1.0) required you to Wall Run up at the risk of not having enough Stamina to make your whole way up.

I see no issue with this test and it sure is no Brick Wall.

10 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

1 & 2) There is pracistece mode in the relays.
3)Nice joke.

It's like you didn't even read his post, he clearly said he wants a way to practice without "loading out to the relay and back to the practice mission"

But yes, the idea of paying plat to skip something like this is indeed a funny joke

Warframe is all about the movement system, so if you can't pass the parkour test(s) then you might want to try getting a better handle of the movement first. MR 11 isn't that bad of a test, you have enough buffer time to take your time, aim at the orbs, and make sure your bullet jump is going where you want it to.

My advice is this: if you have a friend who plays warframe and is better at platforming than you, just have them come over to your place and run the test for you. You'll never need to do parkour with that kind of precision in any other part of the game, so it's not like you're failing something crucial here. Most parkour in the game is run, slide, bulletjump, roll, and then repeat. It's mostly done for straight-line speed. 

MR11 is the most unforgiving test in the first 18 (I don't know what lies beyond that, since I haven't gotten there), so I definitely understand the annoyance. I would like an immediate reload upon test failure for all of them, without the relay transition screens. 

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing. If you don't use a controller, try one. I find it to be light-years ahead of mouse+keyboard for moving (not for precision shooting, though). It might turn out to make the test easier, if nothing else.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe