Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag rework - Passive and augment changes

Nitro747

So, first of all, Mag's passive is made completely irrelevant due to Vacuum. Would be even worse if there was universal vacuum. Still, it is one of the least helpful passives in the game (not like most of them are).

To make things worse, her pull augment is basically her passive but strapped to her pull ability. This is twice useless since we already have vacuum, bullet jumping around costs no energy and the augment is a waste of a mod slot (I already suggested augments and things like Natural Talent to be added to the Exilus category).

Another augment that could be reworked: her polarize augment. It gives you over-shields according to the amount of shields you remove from enemies. While the idea itself is good, the reality is that this augment basically works only for ONE faction of the game, out of 4 different ones. Corpus are the only ones were you can actually make use of this ability and even so it doesn't matter much since the map will be overcrowded with nulifiers, making your gains with this augment totally irrelevant. A good way of making this at least slightly better would be adding this augment for armored enemies as well.

Fracturing Crush and her 2nd ability augment are nice the way they are though.

12 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Would be even worse if there was universal vacuum

I believe, Scott said in one of devstreams that universal vacuum of about ~3m was implemented for Warframes.

Edited by tocorro

2 minutes ago, tocorro said:

I believe, Scott said in one of devstreams that universal vacuum of about ~3m was implemented for Warframes.

I meant a real universal vacuum. The one we have now barely helps anything. I remember Scott mentioning about "having to walk around crates just to collect an energy orb" and, well, we still have to do that... It does help for when you are in Operator Mode though, but only because they move way slower than warframes. Also, I'm almost sure the real range of that vacuum are for objects 1m away from your feet at most, but thats not the case here...

Alternative passives I can think of fitting with Mags theme are:

Increased Overshields (taken by Harrow)

Shield gating (unlikely)

Magnetic resistance (situational)

Increased Magnetic damage (would'nt be all that welcome on release even if it was OP)

Increased energy from orbs (probably too good)

Shields/Overshields from energy pickups (probably too good)

Balancing passives is hard and just saying the current passive is bad, without giving decent alternatives, will get us nowhere.

A good thing with her passive should be the ability to drag shards from point A to point B with the vacuum. 

Or, even better, to make the shards hover around Mag until they interact with a Magnetize bubble.

Couple that with a synergy between Crush and shards...Nah?

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

not every one uses sentinels all of the time...her passive has its uses

Thank you! 

But I do agree with your point on the Polarize Augment. It would be nice to get some sort of effect on Armored Unit.

I love to play mag on plains with this build (aka Energy pull ) :

zenurik 

natural talent

greedy pull :

12% duration 

175% efficency  

145% range

200% strenght  .

spam jump & 1 & 3 - rly fun :D

about passive:

hmm maybe something like

brief respite aura?

but based of % with maxed efficency is terrible.

make it based of value of gained shield like 50,60,70 etc and maybe scaling with strenght.