Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike

Sintag

So with this weapon balance pass, I have an idea for Maiming Strike (And, incidentally, + and - slide crit-boost Rivens).  Instead of adding a flat 90% chance to crit when you do a spin attack, why not make the mod scale off of base crit chance instead?

So say, I'm using a melee that has a 5.0% crit chance.  Before this change, slides would have a 95% chance to crit.  After this, the weapon's slide attacks would only have a 9.5% chance to crit.

As always, let me know what you think.

Adding something inversely proportional to current crit chance would make more sense.

So if you were at 5% crit chance to start, you'd end up at 95% with maiming. Or if you were at 155% (because of blood rush or whatever) you'd end up at 170%. If you're at 550% crit chance, maybe you go up to 555%.

Isn't it weird that people have reached mr24 and have settled down to play the game using nothing but control+E the entire mission... The entire mission. 
Is seeing damage numbers really all there is?

also, partybreaker?

'Hey, what did you do in that mission'.

'Oh, literally nothing but control+e..everything died'.

'OOh, sounds like a blast. Invite me next time'.

Maiming strike is fun for those who like to mindlessly slap the same 3 buttons, but for other folks in the party it gets stale really fast.

But better not nerf it, because without maiming builds, half the playerbase will be completely useless, since that's all they know how to do.