Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dargyns, everything wrong with them and suggestions

After the recent update dropped I was very hyped to ride the dargyn and have fun with it.

Jokes aside, I ran into PoE to find some dargyns for me and my freind(Who was also, extremely hyped) @Werper123 :D

So the began the struggle, I was running around with my trusty volt prime and I searched the map over and over again. 

After about 20 minutes of searching, we found one pair of dargyns ( They are found in pairs usually)

Deciding to take the guards out, I went closer to kill them and with one slide attack of my Orthos prime, the dargyns were gone. poof.

The irony being that the pilots were ALIVE

After giving each other some more consolation, we went ahead and used AW to scout. 

I almost gave up when I finally found some near a cliff side. Again, a pair.

This time I killed one of the pilots safely and was about to guard them when the pilot went kamikaze and shot his dargyn -_-

Annoyed and frustrated, one of us took turns to ride it untill some Ballistica one-shot it -_-

After this, I could not find a single pair, and gave up after 2 hours.

TL;DR- Dargyns are impossible to find and get destroyed way too easily.

If anyone has known specific spawn points or locations please comment below. 

Here is what I found so far.

-So far the Dargyns seem to spawn in a pair

-They have low health, too low

-They have no shields for some reason

-Their built in shield is barely effective compared to how much damage it actually lets in.

-They do not spawn inside outposts.

-There is no guarantee that they will spawn outside either

-Once you accidentally destroy one, you will not be able to find one anytime soon

-Dargyns are not immune to their own faction. (Atleast when they are immobile and waiting)

-The spawn point where they were destroyed does not spawn them again if you come back to check on it again.

(Will add as I find more)

Some suggestions include and are not limited to

-Make dargyns spawn 100% outside every grineer outpost.

-Buff their base armor and HP

-Make them immune to damage until the rider enters it. This means it stays in an *inactive* state until you press x to ride it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-Have Abandoned dargyns floating around during night time cause the pilots ran away in fear :p

-Have a specific tower in PoE that you can activate to call down dargyn reinforcements that you can shoot to take control of

-Or have a specific airport? maybe? Just for Dargyns and pilots?

User suggestions

• When parked they should be like Ramparts. Invulnerable except for the control panel. So if you do want to scorch earth so respawns wont grab it and be a problem if they get buffed, you have to purposely target the controls.(Firetempest)

(Will edit as you guys say)

I believe that such an amazing ride should be enjoyed by everyone and given the fact that its an open-world with a sky box, Dargyns really need to be more common and easier to find.

Thank you for your time Tenno,

Edited by CalcualtedMurderMachine
Removed PSA as per request THANKS

When parked they should be like Ramparts. Invulnerable except for the control panel. So if you do want to scorch earth so respawns wont grab it and be a problem if they get buffed, you have to purposely target the controls.

If only they where as durable or fun as Halo banshees. You can explode the pilot and a smoking one winged banshee will crash to the ground and you could still hop into it.

Edited by Firetempest

I tried a dargyn yesterday. What disappointed me was that the weaponry it carries.....doesn't seem to do anything. I did a few strafing runs to help the team on the bounty mission and figured I would be better off using my secondary weapon. I couldn't even shoot down other dargyns, though they could certainly shoot me down pretty easily.

Its bad enough that we don't get archwing guns on the plains, but when we go through the trouble of actually stealing a personal starfighter, we find it suddenly turns into a cardboard replica of what it really should be and that's just sad.

32 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

I tried a dargyn yesterday. What disappointed me was that the weaponry it carries.....doesn't seem to do anything. I did a few strafing runs to help the team on the bounty mission and figured I would be better off using my secondary weapon. I couldn't even shoot down other dargyns, though they could certainly shoot me down pretty easily.

Its bad enough that we don't get archwing guns on the plains, but when we go through the trouble of actually stealing a personal starfighter, we find it suddenly turns into a cardboard replica of what it really should be and that's just sad.

Hear hear!

Its more like a pea-shooter than an inter-galactic machine gun

If the Dargyns are anything like the current PoE archwing mechanics, their health and armor are noticeably scaled back to the extent that a 1350/1350 health/shield Elytron acts like a 100/100 health shield Excalibur with an unmodded Lato for a weapon.

That's the problem.