Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The PoE Barrier

Fyrscha

I dislike how all the new relics, items, etc. are nearly 100% PoE exclusive. I don't think the new relics should be held behind the bounty wall, nor do I think players should feel like activity outside of PoE is a "waste" in working towards new items and new content.

I understand that you, DE, are excited about PoE and are pushing for it to be in the limelight, I have no issue with that. I enjoy PoE and I enjoy the wonderful content that you provide DE. I like all the new changes and how attentive you are to our community. I simply wish there was some way to obtain/purchase the new gains outside of Eidolon hunts and Bounties. 

I posit that unvaulted relics, new items like riven transmuters, and whatever other items/drops come out in the future should be available via Sortie rewards, rotation B/C drops from high level mission nodes, and perhaps from kuva fortress or kuva siphon missions. I understand that grinding and forcing us to spend time in the game is a critical element to the Warframe sausage, a tax I gladly pay btw, but I think there should be a way to obtain new items besides Eidolon hunts and bounties.

1 minute ago, Kyoresh said:

First, People complain that PoE gives no usefull rewards that are worth the effort.

DE puts good rewards in PoE, people complain about DE putting good rewards in PoE.

well...

exactly i honestly think PoE is at a good place rn can improve massively regarding bugs and bounties being repetitive and burning you out fast...
i just wish they didnt remove raids and kept all the content in game so people can choose what they wanna do and have fun. More content in the game can create different communities!

1 minute ago, ZirkonX said:

exactly i honestly think PoE is at a good place rn can improve massively regarding bugs and bounties being repetitive and burning you out fast...
i just wish they didnt remove raids and kept all the content in game so people can choose what they wanna do and have fun. More content in the game can create different communities!

And if stuff isn't played by anyone and just eats up money for DE, then it gets removed...
Would people please stop bringing up raids? It's not like this will change the fact, that nobody plays them.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

And if stuff isn't played by anyone and just eats up money for DE, then it gets removed...
Would people please stop bringing up raids? It's not like this will change the fact, that nobody plays them.

Yes true man i don't play them a lot but imagine your fav game mode or some part of the game you love gets removed it affects a  lot of people specially who have spent a lot of time doing them gotta understand where they are coming from i guess. 
Lets hope they fix the raids for good and it stops bothering with every hotfix they do

I'm well-aware I can trade other players for relics and the items that come out of relics, I do so often. I also know that you can obtain the unvaulted relics from syndicate relic packs, but you aren't guaranteed an unvaulted relics and the packs cost 20k standing, which to me is not a viable way to "farm" unvaulted relics. 

As I said I like PoE, and I very much enjoy hunting Eidolons and doing bounties. I am not S#&$ting on DE in any way, I'm merely making a suggestion that I think would be good for the game as well as my reasons therefor. 

1 minute ago, ZirkonX said:

Yes true man i don't play them a lot but imagine your fav game mode or some part of the game you love gets removed it affects a  lot of people specially who have spent a lot of time doing them gotta understand where they are coming from i guess. 

Let's say a game mode I love got removed. Would it bother me? Hell yes. Would I understand the reasoning of DE? Yes.
No need to cry about. As I said, it won't change anything.

Putting them in PoE makes the vault relics accessible to everyone while also rewarding other stuff that can be (especially for casual players without a lot of time to grind) hard to get.

Putting them behind Sorties would create a ridiculous, completely unreasonable tier of artificial scarcity since a team of four gets one roll at the final loot table per day.  Putting them in Kuva Siphon missions also creates (to a lesser extent, but still creates) artificial scarcity because not everyone has access to those missions.

Right now, Plains is the more logical place to put them:  Easy to rotate rewards, easy to get rewards that people at mid-to-high tier can use, and god knows I can always use more Oxium.

1 minute ago, Fyrscha said:

I'm well-aware I can trade other players for relics and the items that come out of relics, I do so often. I also know that you can obtain the unvaulted relics from syndicate relic packs, but you aren't guaranteed an unvaulted relics and the packs cost 20k standing, which to me is not a viable way to "farm" unvaulted relics. 

But you asked for ways to buy this stuff. I gave you an answer.
And 20k standing, that's one pack of relics a day. And after farming for 4 days you get another pack. Pretty chill.

Most of the contents meant to be played but if the devs cannot do somehow to have some uses then they forcing players to certain areas like how derelict and mutagen samples were a thing. I would like to earn everything in my way how I like to play but the game is sadly forcing you to play certain missions what you don't like just because there is the only way to get that said item-mod-material.

I prefer games where there is no any force to do a certain mission.

1 minute ago, feralknights said:

Putting them in PoE makes the vault relics accessible to everyone while also rewarding other stuff that can be (especially for casual players without a lot of time to grind) hard to get.

Putting them behind Sorties would create a ridiculous, completely unreasonable tier of artificial scarcity since a team of four gets one roll at the final loot table per day.  Putting them in Kuva Siphon missions also creates (to a lesser extent, but still creates) artificial scarcity because not everyone has access to those missions.

Right now, Plains is the more logical place to put them:  Easy to rotate rewards, easy to get rewards that people at mid-to-high tier can use, and god knows I can always use more Oxium.

I agree, and I didn't posit that anything about the current drop lists or rates in PoE need to be changed. I think they're fine and I have no issue farming them that way. I stated in my OP that I think it would be good for new loot to be available in other ways, not that that I think they should be taken away from PoE.

And 20k standing, that's one pack of relics a day. And after farming for 4 days you get another pack. Pretty chill.

Don't forget the Syndicate missions. Searching for the little doo-dads can be time consuming and frustrating...or build a loadout to locate them easier. Turn those in for even more standing and you've got plenty of "currency" to play with.

I know you're the one who gave a similar supporting answer, this was more of a "you're more right than you even said"

I meant ways to buy relic packs and new items directly from the market, not simply from Unvaulted Access bundles. I know DE recently asked for input about the Unvaulted Access bundles, which I fully intend to buy at least one of, but I was talking about a way to buy the things directly from the market for platinum (I know I can largely do so already, but I'd like to see more options for direct purchase of things from the in-game interface). 

I still don't see buying a pack or two of relics with standing to be a viable way to farm the unvaulted relics, the chances of getting enough from that to make it worth the effort is nearly zero. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Don't forget the Syndicate missions. Searching for the little doo-dads can be time consuming and frustrating...or build a loadout to locate them easier. Turn those in for even more standing and you've got plenty of "currency" to play with.

The daily cap remains. 

I meant ways to buy relic packs and new items directly from the market,

If you are fine with buying them from the market, you can just buy them in Trade Chat.

I meant ways to buy relic packs and new items directly from the market, not simply from Unvaulted Access bundles. I know DE recently asked for input about the Unvaulted Access bundles, which I fully intend to buy at least one of, but I was talking about a way to buy the things directly from the market for platinum (I know I can largely do so already, but I'd like to see more options for direct purchase of things from the in-game interface). 

I still don't see buying a pack or two of relics with standing to be a viable way to farm the unvaulted relics, the chances of getting enough from that to make it worth the effort is nearly zero. 

With so many options to bypass actually playing (farming)...it would only be a matter of time before people would complain that everything has become to easy or trivial to obtain

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

The daily cap remains. 

If you are fine with buying them from the market, you can just buy them in Trade Chat.

Trying to buy things directly from trade chat is time-consuming and frustrating, and isn't reliable. One of Warframe's worst player-trade issues is the singular, shared trade chat window. It moves ridiculously fast most of the time and often times I have to post the same thing several times before I get any responses at all. I am adult who has to work and do a lot of things each day, so my time is valuable. I want to spend money on this game and I want to spend the plat that I buy/earn when I want to spend it. I don't want to spend "grind" or "farm" time staring at a trade chat window and negotiating trades. 

Trying to buy things directly from trade chat is time-consuming and frustrating, and isn't reliable. One of Warframe's worst player-trade issues is the singular, shared trade chat window. It moves ridiculously fast most of the time and often times I have to post the same thing several times before I get any responses at all. I am adult who has to work and do a lot of things each day, so my time is valuable. I want to spend money on this game and I want to spend the plat that I buy/earn when I want to spend it. I don't want to spend "grind" or "farm" time staring at a trade chat window and negotiating trades. 

Ever heard of the chat-filter? Use it if your time is that valuable.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

With so many options to bypass actually playing (farming)...it would only be a matter of time before people would complain that everything has become to easy or trivial to obtain

I don't view what I am positing as a removal of farm time. Other than my suggestion of making some things available for direct purchase via the Market, I don't see how what I put forward is harmful to the farm-time necessity of the game. If unvaulted relics are added as rotation B/C rewards on high-level missions, they are still "faster" and "easier" to farm by knocking out bounties, so people interested in time:reward ratio would likely still choose the PoE content. I just want them to be available in other ways so I don't feel like I have to do PoE all the time to get the new things.

And yes lol, I know what the chat filter is, I still don't think it's very helpful. Again, this post is my opinion and my ideas for DE to read. I understand many of you won't agree with my ideas, and that's cool. I feel like I've shared my reasons well enough for this post to be useful to DE, so I'm done discussing it for now.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The daily cap remains. 

Hmmm, for some reason I thought it could go above and beyond the limit...either way, I was just trying to support your thought. ;-)

5 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

I don't view what I am positing as a removal of farm time. Other than my suggestion of making some things available for direct purchase via the Market, I don't see how what I put forward is harmful to the farm-time necessity of the game. If unvaulted relics are added as rotation B/C rewards on high-level missions, they are still "faster" and "easier" to farm by knocking out bounties, so people interested in time:reward ratio would likely still choose the PoE content. I just want them to be available in other ways so I don't feel like I have to do PoE all the time to get the new things.

But aren't these relics from the unvaulting? I mean, they're valuable even more so in that sense. Being able to get massive quantities would devalue parts that can yield some serious plat gains. 

27 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

First, People complain that PoE gives no usefull rewards that are worth the effort.

DE puts good rewards in PoE, people complain about DE putting good rewards in PoE.

well...

Why does that surprise you? Different people have different opinions. No matter what DE does there will always be a group of people not satisfied.

33 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

well...

There is a difference between PoE having no useful rewards, which it don't, and making PoE the only way to obtain vaulted relics, which excludes a lot of people.

PoE is known to be poorly optimized, buggy as hell, for its boring travel back and forth and most of the "rewards" can be obtained much more easily and effectively by other means. Making unvaulted relics exclusive to bounties and its large roster of repetitive and useless loot is not a good way to fix both bounties and accessibility to unvaulted gear.

Edited by Anthraxicus

Just now, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

What would you think would be a better solution?

I've showed the problem. Not insisting on the problem is already a good thing.

Not making the unvaulted relics exclusive to PoE would be a damn good start. You can even leave it on bounties for those crazy enough to like them, but there should be alternate ways to obtain them. I, for example, like to farm relics while cracking them, which is why I like to do endless mission fissures.