Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has Loot Boxs!!!!

(PSN)HAVOCS-Regret

Now that y'all have followed the click bait, lol, friends and I were discussing Warframe, and we realised that the game actually has loot boxes and has always had them!!

The Dragon Mod packs!  You pay with the premium currency (90 platinum), and you get some random mods.  You pay for a random loot reward for which the odds of getting anything good are astronomically small.

In Warframe's defence, I don't believe they realise what they are actually doing, they have been selling these Mod packs for years, before we all (including the developers) realised what a predatory practice this was.  Back in the day these packs seemed very expensive, but fine.  Now with what we have learned with Electronic Arts, Activision, etc, we all realise that this practice is not okay.

I would like DE to remove the Dragon Mod packs, or alter the packs, so that you know exactly what you are going to get.  I don't want our game to have loot boxes ever, lets get rid of them!  Please comment, like and share so this post/idea gets under DEs radar.  

Thanks Tenno, keep fighting the good fight!

P.S. Someone pointed out below that you can buy relic packs for 50p as well, are these loot boxes also?  I'm not sure If they are, what do you guys and gals think?  At the very least DE should reconsider those as well, just to make sure they feel comfortable selling them.

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied
new point of view

The key thing is that nobody cares about the mod packs. Most lootboxes that people care about are a) in a paid game, and b) are central to earning items in the game. Warframe is free so extensive microtransactions are a given, and the mod packs are a tiny portion of the market, on top of not even really being worth it. If Syandanas or Deluxe skins were in lootboxes then we'd care, but they aren't.

At the very least it should make the Dragon Mod Packs purchaseable with credits and not platinum.

It wouldn’t be that hard to run the Index a couple of times for enough credits to try and get some mods. There are no other ways to actually buy mods in the game, and I personally believe this should be a particular method.

Being done with credits shouldn’t make it that significant of a thing, right?

Or even let Teshin do it for Standing, just like every other syndicate does with Relic Packs.

If anything I think they should at least change them so One pack offers all the basic Power mods  - Intensify, Stretch, Flow, Streamline, another the Frame resilience mods - Steel Fibre, Redirection, Vitality and the third being a combo of both.

Or just get rid of the damaged mods all together.

Edited by Redspace0095

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

I would like DE to remove the Dragon Mod packs

Do people even buy those? The only time i've even got them is when I bought 1k plat with 75% discount....

I sure hope this is a troll post, If not then....
giphy.gif

You'd have better chances farming mods than opening those packs anyways, but then again, common sense is quite scarce on the forums

Edited by RayxAyanami

14 минут назад, (PS4)Aerik93 сказал:

At the very least it should make the Dragon Mod Packs purchaseable with credits and not platinum.

It wouldn’t be that hard to run the Index a couple of times for enough credits to try and get some mods. There are no other ways to actually buy mods in the game, and I personally believe this should be a particular method.

Being done with credits shouldn’t make it that significant of a thing, right?

Baro Ki'Teer sometimes brought Falcon Mod Pack and Dragon Mod Pack, so they could be bought not for Platinim, but for Ducats.

1 minute ago, LechKril said:

Agreed. If you could buy packs of actually useful starter mods it would probably help newbies more than anything.

Even better if they're maxed.

They can just as easily farm for them. Why does everything need to be handed on a Platinum platter for "newbies". 

Just now, RayxAyanami said:

They can just as easily farm for them. Why does everything need to be handed on a Platinum platter for "newbies". 

Because they're newbies. 

Warframe is rather convoluted with its farming. Where most games of this age would just have you grind xp or something, you need to hunt down the mods instead in wf, and often you don't even know which ones you need up until way later.

I suppose a better solution would be some missions specifically made for newbies that drop useful starter mods.

Selling packs of them would still help though.

5 minutes ago, LechKril said:

Because they're newbies. 

Warframe is rather convoluted with its farming. Where most games of this age would just have you grind xp or something, you need to hunt down the mods instead in wf, and often you don't even know which ones you need up until way later.

I suppose a better solution would be some missions specifically made for newbies that drop useful starter mods.

Selling packs of them would still help though.

What would help is a Starters guide or missions explaining how mods work in detail. This is not like other games, It's an endless grind-fest. You have to work for what you want. Think of mods as exp if you want. You farm for them, you use endo as skill points to level them up. 

When will people stop comparing Warframe to other run of the mill MMORPGs / MMOs.

Edited by RayxAyanami

1 minute ago, RayxAyanami said:

What would help is a Starters guide or missions explaining how mods work in detail. This is not like other games, It's an endless grind-fest. You have to work for what you want. Think of mods as exp if you want. You farm for them, you use endo as skill points to level them up. 

When will people stop comparing Warframe to other run of the mill MMORPGs / MMOs.

Warframe isn't even an mmo.

The comparison here isn't the amount of grind, it's that you're grinding for specific components instead of in general.

This is why we definitely need dedicated missions, a guide, packs, whatever. Right now the newbie situation is abysmal.

This doesn't have anything to do with how warframe works, it's just that no one tells the newbies about it!

6 minutes ago, LechKril said:

Warframe isn't even an mmo.

The comparison here isn't the amount of grind, it's that you're grinding for specific components instead of in general.

This is why we definitely need dedicated missions, a guide, packs, whatever. Right now the newbie situation is abysmal.

This doesn't have anything to do with how warframe works, it's just that no one tells the newbies about it!

There are amazing guides if you bother looking for them. I see no problem with grinding for specific components, It's like that in EVERY mmo / rpg that has a crafting system. 

After 2 years I'm honestly cynical towards topics like these. 

Believe it or not, the situation for new players was much worse back when I started. Getting your hands on prime gear wasn't easy. But the fact that the game didn't hold my hand and just threw me into a Universe to explore is what drew me to warframe.

Edited by RayxAyanami

Just now, RayxAyanami said:

There are amazing guides if you bother looking for them. I see no problem with grinding for specific components, It's like that in EVERY mmo / rpg that has a crafting system. 

After 2 years I'm honestly cynical towards topics like these. 

Believe it or not, the situation for new players was much worse back when I started. Getting your hands on prime gear wasn't easy. But the fact that the game didn't hold my hand and just threw me into a Universe to explore is what drew me to warframe.

I've been playing for ages, so I'm well aware of how it used to be.

As much as I'd like to say that people can just look things up, the reality is plenty of them just...don't.

Go figure. If it's not in front of them in the game, plenty of them just give up. 

And please don't say that we don't want players like that. They can be perfectly fine people otherwise.

5 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

God I hope the account i'm looking at in-game is your alt. Because if that's "ages", I must be as old as Ballas.

People lose accounts. I had an account from back when nova was released, got out of the game, got back in april 2016. Couldn't remember account email, had to start over.