Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lens mechanic

GrimReaperarrived

Question

7 answers to this question

Basically once you attach it to a weapon/frame it's stuck on it permanently.  There is no way to remove it at a later date and it is lost if you replace it with another lens. 

You only get standing on a fully levelled item so if you add a forma you'll end up not getting focus until it's level 30 again.

If this is your first lens, choose wisely where you put it, although it's a lot easier to get lenses now than it used to be...it needs to be with the grind for focus you're now being introduced to.

Most of us would recommend a warframe (prime if there is one because you normally just ignore the non prime when you get the prime version) that you use a lot or ideally if you have it on one of the frames best suited to getting focus you stick it on that one. 

If you want advice before adding it to something feel free to add more info like warframes and weapons you have/use a lot etc below. 

5 minutes ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

will it disappear after a mission? will it disappear at all?

Nope, why would it?

The only way to lose a Lens is to overwrite it with a different one.

5 minutes ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

How does lens work?

Equip it, kill stuff using the thing you equipped it on, gain Focus. That's pretty much it.

For more details, see e.g.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus_Lens

Lens equipped on a piece of gear will remain there till overwritten by another one, it cannot be otherwise removed.

When focus lens is in place, it will convert a set percentage of all gained affinity into focus points of given school which can be used to unlock the school, unlock abilities or increase the now global pool of points required for abilities to be enabled as every node deducts set amount of points from it.

Focus lenses only work when weapon or warframe is at level 30.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Basically once you attach it to a weapon/frame it's stuck on it permanently.  There is no way to remove it at a later date and it is lost if you replace it with another lens. 

You only get standing on a fully levelled item so if you add a forma you'll end up not getting focus until it's level 30 again.

If this is your first lens, choose wisely where you put it, although it's a lot easier to get lenses now than it used to be...it needs to be with the grind for focus you're now being introduced to.

Most of us would recommend a warframe (prime if there is one because you normally just ignore the non prime when you get the prime version) that you use a lot or ideally if you have it on one of the frames best suited to getting focus you stick it on that one. 

If you want advice before adding it to something feel free to add more info like warframes and weapons you have/use a lot etc below. 

i have ash, mirage, ember, loki , hydroid and saryn, they all prime, my non prime are rhino, Excalibur, banshee, limbo, volt, Vauban, oberon and some more i cant remember. weapons i mostly use daiyu and nikana prime. my nikanas prime is decked out (modded with maxed out mod and has been supercharged with the orokin thingy

Just now, GrimReaperarrived said:

i have ash, mirage, ember, loki , hydroid and saryn, they all prime, my non prime are rhino, Excalibur, banshee, limbo, volt, Vauban, oberon and some more i cant remember. weapons i mostly use daiyu and nikana prime. my nikanas prime is decked out (modded with maxed out mod and has been supercharged with the orokin thingy

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

so any advice?

To gain Focus at any useful rate, I would normally recommend placing the lens on any frame which can kill lots of enemies quickly (while a focus/convergence orb effect is active) to maximise your focus gain.  Of the above list, I would say Ember or Banshee are possibly your best bet even with the changes to their abilities - the abilities can kill enemies en masse and at good range, which means 100% of the affinity for the kill is attributed to the frame and thus maximise the affinity gain.