Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

No, I'm not talking from hands-on basis with the reworked versions, but in using the old versions status/sec holds them back an insane amount. Just watching some videos on the weapons can prove that. Some weapons weren't changed very much stat wise from what I've seen, but the simple fact that it can proc more than one status effect every second is much better.

Okay, so you are talking out of no experience then. That is cool but not very helpful when trying to tell someone that their real experience with the weapons in some cases being weaker. While the status working normally does help, many weapons now do less damage, have less sustain - unless against one foe without letting go of the trigger - and in some cases less range. The problem with a lot of this is actually the ramp up mechanic as its currently implemented. If it was working as implied originally, as a bonus damage on top of base damage - how it does work for the few enemies that use beam weapons - it would definitely justify some of the nerfs several weapons got during the re-balance; however, that is not the case. When you are using the ramp-up damage mechanic you will find that your listed damage isn't the damage you do, unless you ramp up to it; while this is lost every time you switch targets or let go of the trigger - for ammo or whatever - this has recently been improved to only dropping to 20% if you pick back up quickly but its still massive weakness that fundamental changes their ammo efficiency; stopping power; and usefulness. No doubt working like normal weapons is useful, but normal weapons do that, the weapon category didn't need to be made weaker to get status that is in line with all the other weapons in the game.

Amprex 14m range 💔 they have melee weapons with more range than that , I.e scoliac and guandao i understand it chains but now I’d have to use a rly tankie frame to make it viable plz bring the crit back up too 39% it has a neutral riven disposition unlike the synapse which has 5 so even with a riven it would still lose to the other beam weapons 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, --TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe said:

Sorry to single you out but.... cmon.. 20m pull wall punchthrough? Im assuming you use it wish mirage as well to be l33t?

No actually I used it for looting rooms quickly without having to get close. You must be a meta player if you're making assumptions like this as a way to attempt to insult me.

Archived