Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please "Extract" by default if no choice is made?

TheRealDestian

Just had a lovely kick in the teeth while doing an Interception fissure mission...

Just before the end screen, the game ripped me out of the match to "Migrate to host" or whatever it does from time to time. When I returned, the game had already decided that I was going to stay and fight...alone, after two rounds had completed, and good luck trying to hold four towers by your lonesome.

Mission failed, two whole rounds worth of items and relics lost, all because the game decided to migrate the host right as I was about to be able to choose to extract.

Any chance that, if the player doesn't make a choice between fighting or extraction, it automatically extracts you to at least save all of the items you just acquired?

I was lucky this time that I didn't have a super rare blueprint coming to me or something like that. It was still a punch to the gut either way, though...

Edited by TheRealDestian
  • Like 1

This was a thing for awhile and it made a lot of people unhappy, so DE changed it back.

I think the best course would be to make it an on/off switch in your personal settings that simply says "Automatically Extract"

Also, five towers?

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 3

The best course would be to go with the majority. Extract by default, if 3 people stays and you don't select anything, you stay with them. if 3 people extract and you don't select anything, you extract. Extraction taking priority over staying in the case of a tie.

There, solves all problems forever.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This was a thing for awhile and it made a lot of people unhappy, so DE changed it back.

I think the best course would be to make it an on/off switch in your personal settings that simply says "Automatically Extract"

Also, five towers?

Oops, four, and yeah, a switch would be fine.

Anything to avoid being dropped into another no-win like that one...

• 3 years later...

This happened yesterday where a unfortunate squad member got connection problems and probably coudn't choose the extract option after 10 rounds or so of interception. Also happened to me some years back where i failed a defense mission.

On 2018-02-25 at 4:42 PM, MagPrime said:

Also, five towers?

I think people who purposely get idle was the ones unhappy? i remember coming back from dinner and found my avatar in the middle of an 4 round interception mission and wondering how i got myself into that mess. I still managed to complete it instead of aborting, but wasn't eligible for past rewards due to being idle. A simple toggle option or auto-balance like one user suggested would be best, people get too concerned in these missions and extract too early just in case because they are more afraid of bugs and connection problems than the mob itself. It would also be nice to be able to connect to squads who are also more than 5 rounds in a defense/ 2 round of interception. And also the ability to stay in a non endless mission, because some griefers don't care if you are looking for side missions like silver grove, Granum, etc.

Edited by brenofnd

There is a HUGE issue with transitioning between rounds in ENDLESS missions, ESPECIALLY when they are fissures.    

If the host quits after previous round, then by the time you load back into the damn mission you can no longer pick a relic.   

That needs FIXED ASAP.   (but its been like that for as long as I have played).    

-------------------------------------

But the above problem is the same problem you have.   Getting a Forced Migration and having the choice ripped out of your hands because the god damn timer is running the whole time your loading in.   

Either make the timer insanely more longer until everyone has voted or make it not even start until your loaded in.....

The game seriously needs to improve how it handles host migrations.    

The other biggest issue with host migrations is losing out on all rewards/affinity in like SO/ESO and a few other places if the host bails.   

=============

Atleast with fissures you have a chance if your paying attention to see who is host and when they are leaving.   Then you just leave with them.  

• Like 1

In endless missions like survival/mining there should be a warning that says something like "the host is about to extract" so you can make an informed choice between staying and having the risk of a bad host migration, making you lose progress.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

There is a HUGE issue with transitioning between rounds in ENDLESS missions, ESPECIALLY when they are fissures.    

If the host quits after previous round, then by the time you load back into the damn mission you can no longer pick a relic.   

That needs FIXED ASAP.   (but its been like that for as long as I have played).    

If the default is to make players stay in the mission, then the default for not choosing a relic should be the game to choose a random relic for you, at least IMO.

17 hours ago, brenofnd said:

If the default is to make players stay in the mission, then the default for not choosing a relic should be the game to choose a random relic for you, at least IMO.

Oh yes, take away random newer-relics that I'm keeping to refine later, and probably not the 300 piled up junk ones I have. No, that would be terrible

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Oh yes, take away random newer-relics that I'm keeping to refine later, and probably not the 300 piled up junk ones I have. No, that would be terrible

Obviously i don't agree with the default options provided. I'm all about choices and customization.

A better Solution would be just to Extract whenever you want but only get rewards from Completed Rotations.... Ergo if you leave half way through any Rotation then you lose everything on that specific Rotation but keep the rewards from all the previous Rotations.