The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fellow Tenno, Please Stop the MR Abuse!

17 hours ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Maybe they think "I better not nuke the whole tileset and let the low mr guys kill enemies and have fun."

Exactly what I was thinking. Sometime I do that too, but generally I ask before if I should speed up or slow down my killrate.

Honestly I think people over react too much and forget the game has bugs. I remember oh about a week or two ago I was waiting to join a pub group on the plains. I picked the highest bounty and went to the door and could see the other players names but the door was still closed.

I waited...and waited...and was about to abort when the doors opened. I took off as soon a the doors opened (using speed volt) and noticed they were already on the second bounty. I stopped once to kill a enemy that was in my way (took 2 to 3 seconds) but was still heading in the right direction. 

While running I then realize one guy is telling the others to put me on their ignore list because I was leeching. I tried to tell him I was waiting for the door but he already left. Then the other guys left because they just didn't believe me.

So I wish people would just give people the benefit of the doubt before thinking EVERYONE IS LEACHING/TROLLING all the time hehe. After all the game is still in beta hehe.

Edited by RoninJed

If a high MR joins a low level match they shouldn't have to intentionally under perform so some low levels can feel good.

I mean I understand why people would suggest it, so the new guy can have fun, but at the same time, it doesn't sound very fun to stay in a mission for a much longer time than needed, just so everybody gets equal kills.

High MRS are generally only in low level missions for alerts and maybe some fissures so I don't understand why this is an issue at all.

I do this because in the occasions where I do find myself with a lower MR player, I don'f feel like it is fun for them if I clear the entire map with ember and an ignis in 3 minutes while they are far behind me.

Its a matter of consideration for me

1 hour ago, (XB1)irish fury187 said:

If a high MR joins a low level match they shouldn't have to intentionally under perform so some low levels can feel good.

Its a game, we do this to just chill.

Seeing a new player in the low level mission I'm in means that: I can put my, methaphorical, feet on the table and drink something AKA Chill*2.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Its a game, we do this to just chill.

Seeing a new player in the low level mission I'm in means that: I can put my, methaphorical, feet on the table and drink something AKA Chill*2.

I understand both sides I enjoy getting through missions asap or kicking back with my nekros watching hydroid tentacles work their magic, it just doesn't sound fun "here's a few kills for me, and now here's a few for you, and now it's my turn..."

I realize I may be the minority, but when I first started, seeing ember murder everything in sight, or a rhino stomp or  a volt discharge clear a room, it made me excited, pumped to be able to do that at some point.

18 hours ago, (XB1)Ivan of Jupiter said:

It may seem annoying, but the high MR guy was likely trying to be nice and let you guys play the game. Chances are, if anyone was really in trouble they would have helped. Warframe isn’t like Destiny where the difference between a new player and a “veteran” is only based on time invested. 

High MRs can wipe maps. Chances are if he did just that you’d be back here saying something along the lines of, “I can’t play this game because high level players just kill everything too fast.”

This is why I like helping low MRs by playing Oberon. Renewal, Hallowed Ground and nothing else but my guns in my own corner of the map. I don’t want to disrupt anyone’s enjoyment of the game, but I do want to help. Best way to do that is make sure they never die.

for me id bring my Desecrate Nekros prime with me. hop in. activate desecrate and just help kill but not slaughter everything. they also end up getting Extra loot/resource drops which they would greatly need. no doubt they would freaking Love you for it. 

In short: MR means almost nothing. You won't believe the sort of idiocy and sheer selfishness I've seen in (near-) max rank players. MR is a measure of time invested, not knowledge and certainly not understanding. Sometimes I see MR5's who play very well, even if they don't have "nuke everything" options.

It's all in the player's curiosity and creativity. Warframe can be exploited easily by those who try, even if it's just by using the shoulder cam to shoot around a corner. A little research never hurt anyone either. :)

But yeah, leeching is a no-go.

Edited by Gessie00

En 8/3/2018 a las 15:22, (PS4)Warframe2052018 dijo:

Hey guys! First time poster here. I have been playing Warframe for awhile now and absolutely loving it! My experience with the community has been generally a positive one. It's because of you guys that I have been able to play this game and understand concepts that are otherwise not explained or there is very little information about in the game. 

Having said that, I have noticed a trend that has started to appear at least among the console players and that has to do with the MR. In three different instances in the past few days I have come across players with a relatively high MR that join a squad full of newbies ,like myself, and end up doing absolutely NOTHING. Sure, they do move around enough to not be kicked out of the mission but they do not participate in fights, do not contribute to the mission goal and generally just become a nuisance. I understand that sometimes dealing with new players in tough missions can be a bit annoying, but to not contribute and try to leech off other players simply because they are of lower rank than you is cowardly and downright stupid. 

So if you happen to be one of those people, I would like to make a few simple suggestions in order to make the gaming experience better for both of us. 

- If you don't have the time to do the mission, please don't join. There are always missions to do anyway.

- If you don't like playing with low rank players, simply leave the squad and find one you find suitable. It keeps everyone happy. 

- Generally don't try to leech off of other people. No matter their rank. 

- Would be nice if DE could implement a way to stop anyone from leeching but I'm not sure if it's possible. 

Thank you all for reading and happy gaming! 

If the high MR nukes the map then you "noobs" start with the "nerf x things because i cant kill anything" .

If high MK player sees MK1-10 in a squad, we tend to not nuke the entire map, just observe, fire a some shots here and there, mark resources and whatnot.

Not out to leech, i mean come on.

High MK.... trying to leech....

If we want to level or farm you know the entire map is gonna get nuked again,

and again,

and again,

and again.

We just want you guys to have fun and not having us spoil it.