Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does stat mod ordering work?

GrimReaperarrived

Question

Like the title say, how does it work? Say im building my nikanas prime for condition overload for index, im planing on do gas and magnetic with chromatic excal and green nergy on excal so more toxin, so can anyone explain how the stats mod work? Like what comes first and second and how they interact? Thanks

Side question: if i want to build i memtioned above, u need the 4 primary proc mod right? So what should i put in after what? Very apprciate your reply guys!!

12 answers to this question

AFAIK, the game is more likely to proc the status with the best affinity with the enemy hit.

if you are hitting a corpus, there are more chances to proc magnetic, impact poison and slash  than punture fire etc etc etc. (if you have them ofc)

19 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

AFAIK, the game is more likely to proc the status with the best affinity with the enemy hit.

if you are hitting a corpus, there are more chances to proc magnetic, impact poison and slash  than punture fire etc etc etc. (if you have them ofc)

Aren't status chance of each status depends on how much dmg u have for each dmg type.

34 minutes ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

if i want to build i memtioned above, u need the 4 primary proc mod right?

You could just do Magnetic and then Heat, the element from your Energy Color is added last, basically like a 9th Mod.

But yeah, for more / stronger Gas pwnage, actually using a Toxin Mod is a good idea,
and in that case, it doesn't matter whether you do Gas or Magnetic first,
the added Toxin from Chromatic Blade will add to the Gas combo either way.

18 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've seriously NEVER heard / read anything like this before.

34 minutes ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

Like the title say, how does it work? Say im building my nikanas prime for condition overload for index, im planing on do gas and magnetic with chromatic excal and green nergy on excal so more toxin, so can anyone explain how the stats mod work? Like what comes first and second and how they interact? Thanks

Side question: if i want to build i memtioned above, u need the 4 primary proc mod right? So what should i put in after what? Very apprciate your reply guys!!

Go for Corrosive Blast, u need at least 3 status mod to make the Corrosive and blast combo. An Excal with 185% Chromatic blade should have 100% status mod if u aren't using any 60 60 mod in your Melee but only 90% elemental mods.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

You could just do Magnetic and then Heat, the element from your Energy Color is added last, basically like a 9th Mod.

But yeah, for more / stronger Gas pwnage, actually using a Toxin Mod is a good idea,
and in that case, it doesn't matter whether you do Gas or Magnetic first,
the added Toxin from Chromatic Blade will add to the Gas combo either way.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've seriously NEVER heard / read anything like this before.

I'm 100% sure it's based on how much dmg each dmg type has not based on the enemies

23 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

top left to bottom right.

The procc chance depends on the dmg. The more dmg one status has, the more likely it is to happen

^ this one.

Proc chance of an element is decided by their % of the max statistical damage with IPS counting x4. so each IPS x4 + all elemental damage and then see what % a stat has of that total to see how much its going to proc on average. (still counting IPS as 4x)

There are only 2 times mod order matters. elemental combinations, (not the proc amount) and on pets where the first precept is the most important one.

On your setup that does not matter all that much. Excals element slots in as a last slot (also goes for base elemental weapons) but you are using 4 elements already so it just combines with the toxin slotted in somewhere before it. Just make sure the 4 elements combine to form your statset.

47 minutes ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

Elemental mod combination usually goes from top left to bottom right. However in a case where the weapon has an innate single type elemental type (heat, toxin, cold or electric) that damage is added last, as if it were placed to the right of the bottom right mod slot. This is also the case with Chromatic Blade, the damage type chosen by energy color is added last.

So since you wanna do gas and magnetic you can do either of the following mod placements from top left to bottom right.

Cold+Electrical and Heat = Mag + Gas (heat combined with toxin from chromatic)

Cold+Electrical and Heat+Toxin or Toxin+Heat = Mag + Gas (heat+toxin/toxin+heat combined with chrimatic for higher Gas damage than option one)

Toxin+Heat and Cold+electrical = Gas + Mag (Same outcome as the previous option).

Also to note is that if you are dealing with riven mods, those with dual elemental stats like +heat and +cold in the same mod do not combine, the highest one iirc is added first when combining elements on weapons.

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Elemental mod combination usually goes from top left to bottom right. However in a case where the weapon has an innate single type elemental type (heat, toxin, cold or electric) that damage is added last, as if it were placed to the right of the bottom right mod slot. This is also the case with Chromatic Blade, the damage type chosen by energy color is added last.

So since you wanna do gas and magnetic you can do either of the following mod placements from top left to bottom right.

Cold+Electrical and Heat = Mag + Gas (heat combined with toxin from chromatic)

Cold+Electrical and Heat+Toxin or Toxin+Heat = Mag + Gas (heat+toxin/toxin+heat combined with chrimatic for higher Gas damage than option one)

Toxin+Heat and Cold+electrical = Gas + Mag (Same outcome as the previous option).

Also to note is that if you are dealing with riven mods, those with dual elemental stats like +heat and +cold in the same mod do not combine, the highest one iirc is added first when combining elements on weapons.

So in order, i put heat then toxin then electrical then cold?

14 hours ago, GrimReaperarrived said:

So in order, i put heat then toxin then electrical then cold?

Na either toxin+heat first or electric+cold/cold+electric first. In normal cases it would work to add heat+toxin first, but due to chromatic blade adding a toxin effect because of the energy color, in your combination toxin would pair up with electrical instead of the heat, so you'd get blast+corrosive there.

It is a bit wonky with elemental combinations when weapons and abilities like chromatic blade come with an elemental type to start with. On weapons with a base elemental damage I always place the mod I wanna combine with it in the bottom right corner in order to not run into trouble.

In your case I'd go from top left to bottom right with the following. Electric, Cold, mod3, mod4, mod5, mod6, Heat, Toxin.

And incase you wanna skip modding for toxin you can do. Electric, Cold, mod3, mod4, mod5, mod6, mod7, Heat. Which would combine the heat with the toxin from chromatic blade.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

In normal cases it would work to add heat+toxin first, but due to chromatic blade adding a toxin effect because of the energy color, in your combination toxin would pair up with electrical instead of the heat, so you'd get blast+corrosive there.

Huh?

Heat + Toxin + Electricity + Cold would give you Gas + Magnetic just fine, the Toxin from CB would just add to the Gas portion.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I always place the mod I wanna combine with it in the bottom right corner in order to not run into trouble.

That's unnecessary, just put it anywhere after the other elemental Mods.