Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex Sybaris Lotus Smoke

TheCoolcg10

While testing out Captura with the new Dex Excal skin and the Dex Weapons, I noticed that the smoke after you fire the Dex Sybaris is the Lotus Symbol. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet, but I thought it was a cool touch.ylu4dDr.jpg

Edited by TheCoolcg10
Found my answer.

Just now, TheCoolcg10 said:

While testing out Captura with the new Dex Excal skin and the Dex Weapons, I noticed that the smoke after you fire the Dex Sybaris is the Lotus Symbol. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet, but I thought it was a cool touch.ylu4dDr.jpg

It's been 3 years since this came out... I think we've noticed dude... I noticed the very first day it first came out... 

3 hours ago, Arniox said:

It's been 3 years since this came out... I think we've noticed dude... I noticed the very first day it first came out... 

They revealed it on the devstream first showcasing the weapon, so anyone watching knew before even that point.

Also, I mean no disrespect to neither you, nor OP, if that's what it looks like.

10 minutes ago, Arniox said:

I've played since Alpha and I didn't notice, I'm not very observant but yeah no need for the snarky comment :) 

1 hour ago, TheCoolcg10 said:

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

They revealed it on the devstream first showcasing the weapon, so anyone watching knew before even that point.

Also, I mean no disrespect to neither you, nor OP, if that's what it looks like.

1 hour ago, Hannah-Eliz said:

I've played since Alpha and I didn't notice, I'm not very observant but yeah no need for the snarky comment :) 

1 hour ago, Madas007 said:

Lol.. after 3000 hrs I hadn't notice that .. so thanks, good to see observant Tennos :)

41 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

iirc dex furis also have this lotus nuzzle flashed

Also there is a "energy dot" on every weapon that corresponds to the anniversary year it was released. 

The Dex Dakra also has a lotus-symbol muzzle flash.

Wait...

On topic, I'd actually noticed last year and forgot about that neat little touch, until I noticed a friend firing his Dex Furis. I said, "Oh yeah! That's right, they do that muzzle flash thingy." 

EDIT: although I was making a joke, now I wonder if the slam attack makes a lotus symbol. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

On 3/15/2018 at 2:59 AM, Arniox said:

Not everyone has been playing the game for 3 years. In fact, there's thousands of people who only just got their hands of the Dex Sybaris now. They may well have not noticed. These forums aren't just here for you, you know.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:28 PM, TheCoolcg10 said:

While testing out Captura with the new Dex Excal skin and the Dex Weapons, I noticed that the smoke after you fire the Dex Sybaris is the Lotus Symbol. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet, but I thought it was a cool touch.

Also Dex Furis, it's a muzzle flash.
octavia__gifted_by_lotus_by_carnage2k4-d

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

Not everyone has been playing the game for 3 years. In fact, there's thousands of people who only just got their hands of the Dex Sybaris now. They may well have not noticed. These forums aren't just here for you, you know.

Yeah, but I, and extension you, would have to assume that the average player looks at the wiki. And for me at least, getting everything put me into a collector's mind set. Because of this, I Googled what I was able to get in warframe. 

Via Google, I came across the Dex weapon set about 3 weeks after it left in 2015 and desperately wanted it. Because of this googleing,  I found out all about the weapons and what they do. Back then it was different. They didn't have the same effects I don't think. 

But you'd have to assume that a huge majority of new players would have Googled these Dex weapons to learn more THE MOMENT DE talked about them. Which was quite a long while back, before the Dex Weapons released

I am a returning player and there's so much more to research to get on with the learning curve that researching weapons to know what flare they have do not make the list... Just not enough time in a day. But yeah, if I had been playing Warframe all these years I would have all the answers by now. Or probably not, since it's a work in progress. Still, I stop from time to time to just take in the scenery. I guess as long as I'm surprised with the game, and noticing the flare of the guns was a nice moment, I'll play with a smile. When the game start to feel like work, it'll be time to move on.