Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #12 - Dev Q&a On August 14 @ 2 Pm Edt!

[DE]Rebecca

Well i hope you will offer a better explanation on the Dojo construction upgrade, because you failed to acknowledge the frustrations already aired in your own forums.
Maybe in your livestream you will finally acknowledge peoples frustrations at deleting all their rooms which has taken some of them many days/weeks to build.

"destroy all other rooms first" just doesnt cut it & quite frankly is too laid back an attitude towards so many people . Also maybe you could cover why you still expect people to endure a 2 hour deletion process for each room then another 12-24 to rebuild them.

regards

Edited by Nemesis101

So we're space ninjas. When will we be gathering artifacts and new information without touching the ground? Like crawling through the vent to avoid setting off the alarm and mission failure. Avoid being seen by cameras and getting surrounded by 50+ guards.

EDIT: A lot of low end computer users are probably going to hate me for mentioning this, but what about more green? A species of plantlike creatures created by the corpus for making a bearing planet more livable for them since their home planet was destroyed and they was forced to live a merchant life to afford traveling supplies. So either a planet or solar system that's all green with deadly plantlike species that are toxic, hidden in the ground, venus fly traps that nab people along the path, walking bellflowers, fruit flies of hell and any other sorts of creative things. Any ideas on more green?

Edited by Diomashi

Why do you keep releasing game changing event exclusive mods?

All this serves to do is alienate players who would start the game after release. Currently a new player's secondary cannot keep up with the ammo efficiency or damage output from a player who unlocks Lethal Torrent in beta. This severely handicaps any player who starts after release when it comes to the often mentioned end game competitions such as target ranges and leader boards.

When will there be a cosmetic effect for Forma'd weapons? DERebeeca already responded to my message saying...wait. I don't know if I am supposed to talk about that. Huh? I might post her reply later.......

Gold Initiate

Sent 05 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Can the silver stars be used to buy special auras for weapons. So I could use my 3 silver stars on my Latron Prime to buy a rainbow aura that surrounds it. Just something that says, "I level up my weapon to level 30 three times." Thank you for reading this. :)
DERebecca
DERebecca

Overlord

• photo-thumb-4.png?_r=1350574344
  • Administrator
  • 2296 posts

Sent 08 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think we will add visible effects to Forma'd weapons, not sure about cashing in the Stars though!

I am sorry if this looks bad. I can't copy and paste a picture for some reason. I'll try to fix this ASAP.

Edited by NoPlayerHaters2

Why do you keep releasing game changing event exclusive mods?

All this serves to do is alienate players who would start the game after release. Currently a new player's secondary cannot keep up with the ammo efficiency or damage output from a player who unlocks Lethal Torrent in beta. This severely handicaps any player who starts after release when it comes to the often mentioned end game competitions such as target ranges and leader boards.

I agreed with everything this user said. I would gladly sacrifice my Primed Chamber mod if that means the Lotus can research it and turn the mod into a blueprint. So that more players can buy the blueprint with credits and build it.

With Update 9’s alteration to enemy armor, Crush’s inability to bypass armor or exploit weaknesses has made its damage very weak for an ultimate at higher levels, while the cast time leaves Mag vulnerable and its crowd control is outclassed by Pull.

Will Crush be revisited?

Edited by Archwizard

I agreed with everything this user said. I would gladly sacrifice my Primed Chamber mod if that means the Lotus can research it and turn the mod into a blueprint. So that more players can buy the blueprint with credits and build it.

I would love you long time if this were possible

But seriously Charged Chamber is so dismally inferior to Primed Chamber that it actually isn't viable. My question being: will we ever have the opportunity to get Primed Chamber ?(I don't remember it being event exclusive, just the top 100 got it and I think I remember a post that DERebecca said that it was just the first time they introduced the mod)

My second sniping related question is, will new coming players have access to more than just 1 sniper rifle? I mean, out of the 4 that exist, only 2 can actually be acquired (currently) and the one needs MR7, which takes a hell of a long time for new players (I'm not complaining though, I'll have mine within 24 hours)

1. Will we be seeing a nerf/buff inc on any frames/weapons?

2. Will we see a New faction entering anytime in the near future (1-3 months) :3?

3. Though my major concern is when the game is fully released what will happen to the ppl that play warframe currently? By that I mean like, will you do a reset so everyone is on the same playing field while turning all existing frames/items to like a different ladder/server, or will you just refund all plat like the FAQ said?

Edited by EggsOverEasy

What frame and weapons is your current go to loadout?

Also will there be an option soon to destroy all rooms at once in the dojo just to speed up the process of rebuilding the dojo with the new layout?

Edited by Vypr

I would love you long time if this were possible

But seriously Charged Chamber is so dismally inferior to Primed Chamber that it actually isn't viable. My question being: will we ever have the opportunity to get Primed Chamber ?(I don't remember it being event exclusive, just the top 100 got it and I think I remember a post that DERebecca said that it was just the first time they introduced the mod)

My second sniping related question is, will new coming players have access to more than just 1 sniper rifle? I mean, out of the 4 that exist, only 2 can actually be acquired (currently) and the one needs MR7, which takes a hell of a long time for new players (I'm not complaining though, I'll have mine within 24 hours)

Operation Shoot the Giant Balloons that Awkwardly Stare at you. xD I had to get in the top 100 of the event. So isn't it technically a event exclusive mod for only 100 people out of 3,000,000 registered users? (I was 81/100 in Spy Drone Event) Edited by NoPlayerHaters2

Will future events be even more of grind fest as the Arid Fear? Give or take they required 45 mindlessly easy missions that were exact carbon copies of each other (between Void runs and key farming). Any plans to explore more the format used during the aura debuff mods (20-25 wave defense mission, getting the mods right after)?

Will mission format ever change to deal with the need to rush them? To elaborate: random maps made of static tiles that have spawn areas minutes away from the objective, then extraction areas minutes away from the objective, forcing any player with restricted time (or some regard for its own sanity) to rush these missions (specially bosses) or avoid them altogether (anything that isn't Defense/Mobile Defense).

Can Mobile Defense missions change to have an extra console to be defended in exchange for spawning players at the mission, while extracting them automatically as the pod is defended? Again, most players just rush to the objective anyway.

Any plans to expand Defense/Mobile Defense missions with some random challenges/boss waves (hint: ME3 multiplayer credit waves)? I'm pretty sure these are by far the most played missions (other than bosses).

Back to the subject of spawn -> run to objective -> run to extraction, this is probably one of the most annoying aspects of the game, simply because you aren't playing, you are just running (often through empty tiles). Any plans to revamp the game play to focus more on playing and less on running? (in other words, can assassinate/capture/spy missions be scraped in favor or more engaging game modes?).

Farming resources: will there ever be a way for older/geared players to farm any of the resources in the later 3 maps (Eris/Ceres/Pluto)?

Will Nightmare mode rewards get some love (more resources, more mods, more cores, whatever) to encourage players to run them (other then for how long it takes to get mods and never again)?

Will powers (like Nova's wormholes) ever receive a globa fix so that their functionality and colors are correct if the player is a client rather than a host?

Will there be auto-tagging for dropped mods/resources (basically the game displays waypoints to players automatically)?

Will there ever be more than 4 abilities for Warframes?

Will Volt ever get some love?

Will blocking ever be re-worked to be useful?

Operation Shoot the Giant Balloons that Awkwardly Stare at you. xD I had to get in the top 100 of the event. So isn't it technically a event exclusive mod for only 100 people out of 3,000,000 registered users? (I was 81/100 in Operation

Well that's the thing, I clearly remember some post by DERebecca saying it wasn't going to be exclusive (but that could be my subconsciousness acting up) I mean, we all remember the exclusive Frost Prime BP incident, and 'm not holding it against them, we just need clearer communication on what is event exclusive, what is given now but will be available later etc.

Well that's the thing, I clearly remember some post by DERebecca saying it wasn't going to be exclusive (but that could be my subconsciousness acting up) I mean, we all remember the exclusive Frost Prime BP incident, and 'm not holding it against them, we just need clearer communication on what is event exclusive, what is given now but will be available later etc.

DE will never tell us what is really in every hotfix/update. For example, we can now parry/deflect the stomp attack from the Grineer Gunner and the tentacle attack from Ancients. I just melee with my Plasma Sword right before they hit me. If you did the parry correctly, you will be blocking even though you press melee and a blue glow will surround your Warframe during the parry.EDIT: NEW INFO. ON HOW TO PARRY.....Spaming block is a easy way to parry and for ancients and any AoE attack. Plus you can parry Lech Kril's hammer. Lastly, to parry Grineer Scorpians I press block and melee right as her rope hit me and I did a special block with my Plasma Sword and took no dmg. or wasn't knockdown. Edited by NoPlayerHaters2

Guest -PenteL-

When can we expect more benefits from mastery rank?

Will there be some weapons which need mastery rank 8 & higher?

Who comes up with the ideas and rules for this events? ( Who should i send my hate mail to?)

Will the event mods ever be put in the drop table?

How far along is Sheldon Prime?

Do you think you will get this game done in time for the PS4 launch?

Edited by theclinton

First off, The first question is epic, I too want to know if there will be skins for frames, Like my RHINO. Perhaps the Alpha Ember skin? 2+ stats and -1 please? :D 

When the raid key's are converted to the new mission type, will the rewards stay the same or will they change?

Can I please get a better Saryn/Volt helmet please? :D

Love this game so much, you guys are seriously the best anyway......

So far Grineer has been receiving a bit too much love in terms of lore, enemy types, weapons, etc. This is a bit normal considering the story, but still, in terms of gameplay, the other factions could use a few more things.

Now that we see Corpus involvement a bit more, will we see more units than color/weapon swap of crewmen (Elite Crewman) and MOA/drone-type? Maybe a new type of robot? Scientists that can help support the team a bit more other than leaving a shield drone like the Engineer?

Will Ember's Overheat receive an update visually? Currently, it replaces her whole "layered" and "curvy" appearance with a single, flat texture, which also hide all color customization except for energy (which doesn't go with the Overheat texture unless it's normal flame colors...). I've discussed about this a bit here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/85965-embers-overheat-appearance/

Edited by Casardis

How do you decide what stats to put into dual stat mods and also how do you determine the values of them? it seems like they're all over the place when compared to their singular stat counterparts in terms of how effective or powerful they are.

The reason I ask is because there doesn't seem to be any clear defining balance between any of them; For example Wildfire's stats are two thirds as good as their counterparts Hellfire/Magazine warp, Hammer Shot is half as powerful as Vital Sense and 2.6 times more effective than Thunderclap and Constitution is 0.93 less effective than Continuity and twice as effective as Handspring. I could go through all of them but there isn't a clearly defined % of difference, will this be balanced out so that they use a fixed percentage or will it remain as it is?

What is the creative thought process behind new events, mods, warframes, enemies etc, do you guys brain storm, take ideas straight from the forum, come up with cool stuff yourselves or all of the above?

{Question} I have recently been playing (and LOVING) Dark Sector again. Will we ever see a Glaive Prime or a skin for the Glaive to make it look like Hayden's? And will we see Glaive specific mods any time soon?

Or is that glaive image copyrighted by someone? I think the Dark Sector Glaive looks more... Glaive-y. More, 'you just got a glaive to the face'. The Warframe Glaive is cool, no question, but Dark Sector's Glaive was THE Glaive. Then again... If the Glaives we have now are COPIES of Hayden's Glaive, then they wouldn't look the same, would they?

I still think it would be cool. Even if it's just a skin, it would be VERY cool.