Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leecher(s)!

Miss_Ekigna

Question

Hi guys, what do u think about "Leechers" (Players who start afking at the moment they enter the Mission(or seek a good hiding place) and then theyget the rewards in the end)

Today, i met with a Leecher called "Eryk18" I was in Sortie 3 Interception, me and the other two guy fought, while this "Player" just sit in the corner and waiting for the end... When he came back (after he died once) he said "Do we want a picture of his meal?" and other stuff, 5 mins later he said "He needed to help his parents"(with something).

NOT COOL man... At least say something before being AFK like "BRB"(Be Right Back) or something, and we'll know you not a Leecher.... It's very confusing to know someone got the same reward for nothing... 

DE, i recomend some "Votekick" system against Leechers or Unvanted trolls.

15 answers to this question

This happened to me during an excavation sortie. Two people were not doing the objective and just messing around, so me and the other guy left them and joined another random squad. A kick option would ruin the experience since there are many trolls. If this happens just leave and look for a better group.

1. plz remove the name as name shaming is not allowed

2. players who go idle an dont move for certain period of time will stop reciving the buff auras along with if other members of your team has a skill that affects others it wont happen on them an wont have any items pick up for them if they are around them.

3. where they just staying in same spot an never moving as like i said before if they dont move for certain amount of time then on the aabc rewards if they are idle right before the rewards are given they dont qualify for them. when this happens only thing they will get is the stuff they earned right before the game set them to idle.

4. if a player just spams stuff an doesnt even move they are condisred idle

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

1. plz remove the name as name shaming is not allowed

2. players who go idle an dont move for certain period of time will stop reciving the buff auras along with if other members of your team has a skill that affects others it wont happen on them an wont have any items pick up for them if they are around them.

3. where they just staying in same spot an never moving as like i said before if they dont move for certain amount of time then on the aabc rewards if they are idle right before the rewards are given they dont qualify for them. when this happens only thing they will get is the stuff they earned right before the game set them to idle.

4. if a player just spams stuff an doesnt even move they are condisred idle

But when he's moving a bit it won't count as "inactive".. and that's why I think in OP case, he wasn't really inactive..

There are players in every squad , in every clan , in every game , in every place of world , which will always annoy you and/or be against your thinking and/or liking. These people are refered to as "Troll(s)" not "Leecher(s)".They try to hurt you. Here are some ways to avoid them-

1) If they are going close and personal on you , Right click on their name and Press Ignore. Tadadada

2)Try to do missions with a proper team from recruiting chat or your own clan/alliance.

Thats the best you can do. These people can not be filtered out of this world , sadly.

2 hours ago, nickelshark said:

Take screenshots of the results screen and report. I report every leech I come across.

this and add them to ignore then if you see a grey name in squad chat just leave and find another, fyi during the loading screen to a mission if you hit return you see the chat window and if the players are ignored or not so you can leave as soon as you spawn in, leave a message why for those left why you are leaving

16 hours ago, MrMagyarHunter said:

Hi guys, what do u think about "Leechers" (Players who start afking at the moment they enter the Mission(or seek a good hiding place) and then theyget the rewards in the end)

Today, i met with a Leecher called "Eryk18" I was in Sortie 3 Interception, me and the other two guy fought, while this "Player" just sit in the corner and waiting for the end... When he came back (after he died once) he said "Do we want a picture of his meal?" and other stuff, 5 mins later he said "He needed to help his parents"(with something).

NOT COOL man... At least say something before being AFK like "BRB"(Be Right Back) or something, and we'll know you not a Leecher.... It's very confusing to know someone got the same reward for nothing... 

DE, i recomend some "Votekick" system against Leechers or Unvanted trolls.

It's also a problem that some people go AFK, and then someone starts the timer, and their body gets injected into the game while they are not even in the same room.

Could be fixed by autokicking people who do not accept the mission or by keeping the people out of mission loading until they accept.

The second part could be implemented by saving the person's spot in the party for about a minute and putting an accept or decline button on their screen. If they do not accept in 30-45 seconds, then their spot is relinquished and someone else can join in their place. If there is still space and the objective has not been completed they can again be injected into the matchmaker afterward.

Edited by Ovakyn

Yea, honestly just hop out and start again. You'll probably notice fairly quickly if someone isn't contributing and if you leave early it's minimal loss.

Honestly, I feel like recruiting takes more time than just starting over. I've never had a random team that didn't work out just fine, so I feel like troll issues are pretty infrequent.

Personally, I like to troll them right back (and most of the time, I'm in a voice party with my friends in the same mission, so we can coordinate quickly) - stop progressing the mission, drag enemies into the area (using operator void mode once they're in the vicinity to redirect the threat to the leech), and make them choose between losing the mission or actually participating.

I've found it's pretty rare to see in normal missions (I've seen it a couple of times in Defence missions, once in Survival, and that's about it - all the rest have seemingly been people lost wandering the corridors, too unobservant to figure out where to go), but on the Plains you see it more often and it's the high MR players doing it (90% of all attempted leeching I've seen has been a player with MR24 in my experience, which is even more shameful).  Same tactic works there - stop progressing the mission, go bring enemies to them or make the activity they are trying to do more difficult (throwing spears into water randomly scares their fish, and jumping in front of mining lasers disrupts the beam).  Eventually they leave, or you fail the bounty, and you just go find a new group of useful players to run the next bounty with.

I usually just ignore them. I think DE classes it as toxic behaviour, so if they are really taking the pee, then I will call them out and see if they admit it, screenshot them, and then report it to DE.

If I am lucky enough to be playing Loki, I will switch teleport them to where all the action is. This is even more effective in PoE, when they are trying to line up a shot for fishing or mining, and suddenly they are teleported somewhere else.