Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick/Unreward AFK Players

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

21 hours ago, --Q--Stryker said:

For someone "open to discussion", you seem to be only focusing on what you call insults instead of the valid ideas.

Nobody has listed a valid idea. All they ever did was say “it sucks”. That is all they did. Even now y’all are focused on me saying “don’t use insults” instead of focusing on the point of the post which is AFK players. Read the comments and you’ll see. There may have been 1-2 people that actually commented about the point of the post while the rest are expressing their triggered feelings of being told their insults aren’t enough. 

21 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

TL;DR

1)Don't give me rules to your thread, you're no forum moderator.

2)Don't necro threads, if there is a current one on the first 5 pages or so... good job on spamming topics?

3)Very defensive, almost as if this is a set up to imply that anyone disagreeing with you is in fact insulting you.  No one was offended or insulted, they haven't even read your thread yet.

4)People do Eidelons solo.  This is not anyone's excuse to allow other people to AFK in MP matches.  Stop making straw-man arguments before you even explain your problem/idea

5)Your opinion has no meaning, and you're just proving to all players and DE that you're highly aggravated and prone to using accusatory language and straw-man arguments to pump yourself full of that sweet righteous EGO.

Like I said, insults and nothing more. Good day.

16 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

I'd say there's no need to develop any sophisticated anti-afk timers. Implement votekick.

Naturally, some people will abuse it. However the odds of running into 3 people plotting to kick you for fun are significantly lower than running into a lonely player who afks just because there's nothing you can do about it.

Unless option to kick AFK appears after a player is AFK for a while. 

11 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Or instead of punishing yourself over and over (this becomes logged in your profile stats), you simply complete the mission and report.

Reporting works, leaving the mission means the player will continue to afk.

Love to report but they don’t have an AFK option last I checked unless I misread the options. Every time I see a player just standing there the entire game, it is making it harder on everybody else. We shouldn’t have to abort every game that has an AFK player which is getting extremely common in the bounties. Want to run around? Then go in the plains alone. They shouldn’t join a bounty then not participate. Even I ran around killing animals and mining but I at least participated a little bit in each stage. And I tested the rewards by not participating at all while a friend of mine did and I got every reward. There are yellow or red zones so maybe if a player spends too much time outside those zones then they don’t get any rewards? And the range nerfed ember is useless in the plains unless I continuously spam the WoF every 3-5 seconds which also uses up energy. So now I have to use Mesa and there are just too many enemies I’m having to take out because 1 and sometimes 2 players choose to not participate and I’m left with double the enemies shooting at all sides. Other players die a lot and I’m having to revive them because we become way out numbered due to AFK players. I’ve aborted so many missions because of AFK and as you just saw, some people just resort to “play solo”. Which I’ve already discussed at the beginning of the post cause I knew those comments were gonna happen. But at least you are actually discussing the point of the post instead of resorting to insults about everything else.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Love to report but they don’t have an AFK option last I checked unless I misread the options. Every time I see a player just standing there the entire game, it is making it harder on everybody else. We shouldn’t have to abort every game that has an AFK player which is getting extremely common in the bounties. Want to run around? Then go in the plains alone. They shouldn’t join a bounty then not participate. Even I ran around killing animals and mining but I at least participated a little bit in each stage. And I tested the rewards by not participating at all while a friend of mine did and I got every reward. There are yellow or red zones so maybe if a player spends too much time outside those zones then they don’t get any rewards? And the range nerfed ember is useless in the plains unless I continuously spam the WoF every 3-5 seconds which also uses up energy. So now I have to use Mesa and there are just too many enemies I’m having to take out because 1 and sometimes 2 players choose to not participate and I’m left with double the enemies shooting at all sides. Other players die a lot and I’m having to revive them because we become way out numbered due to AFK players. I’ve aborted so many missions because of AFK and as you just saw, some people just resort to “play solo”. Which I’ve already discussed at the beginning of the post cause I knew those comments were gonna happen. But at least you are actually discussing the point of the post instead of resorting to insults about everything else.

report them via Warframe Support.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:17 PM, Nakrast said:

You know, i tend to enjoy open discussions.

But if you start the topic with:

Then i'm sorry, you just sound so cocky, that it annoys me.

PS: Afk players don't get rewarded already, even though it's easy to bypass.

Don’t know how I sound “cocky” based on the definition of the word. I’m just predicting future comments that I’ve already encountered multiple times. I could say half the warframes suck but that doesn’t make it true. Instead all it would be is an insult. Instead I will discuss the disadvantages of certain warframes and I WHY I don’t use them. Clearly a lot of people are getting triggered. I’m starting to think some of y’all are just trying to get a rise out of me and it isn’t gonna happen. I’ve edited and commented multiple times now to make myself clearer yet people seem to be ignoring so I’m just not gonna respond to their insults anymore. You haven’t said an insult yet so you are an example of what I would expect an actual discussion to look like. Definitely not like that other guy who kept saying “#*!%”. 

1.  Personaly I don’t care if I drag an afk person through, there is no star chart mission, alert, sortie, bounty, or invasion that I would call ‘hard work’.  I don’t need or expect their help.  If running with randoms I go into the mission with the mindset that I’m solo’ing it, with some randoms alone for the ride.  Most of the time, if they are not afk, they slow me down!

2.  Your idea of having to get kills to qualify as not being afk would not always work.  Sometimes in some situations you go into a mission with a strong focus on being a support player, in which case you might not get the required kills. You are still contributing and you are still an essential part of the squad, but under your idea you may get kicked or not get any rewards.

3.  There are already numerous anti afk measures in place.  In conclave you get kicked, in defence and survival you get no rewards, bosses don’t spawn, etc.  though I suppose more measures wouldn’t hurt.

4.  Everyone is guilty of being afk at times, things happen.  You could get a phone call, visitors might call in, mum might insist you take the trash out immediately, controllers go flat, you might fall asleep!  When these things happen its nice to come back and see that the mission has been completed and you got the reward.

5.  You said Warframe is a game meant to be played with others, this is not true, just as its also not true to say Warframe should be played solo.  Play Warframe however you want to play it, 1, 2, 3, or 4 people (no longer 5-8 people).  The game is designed for it and can handle it.

6.  You said to not mention this counter but thats not fair because its the one thing you are supposed to do ti fix this issue:  if you don’t want to put up with the hassle of randoms, and afk randoms is just one example of a hassle, then don’t play with randoms!  This doesn’t mean only playing solo, it means hooking up with or making friends, normally via a clan, and play with them.

Overall, thanks for your efforts and the thought you have put in, I just think afk is a complex issue and many of your fixes either wouldn’t work, or there already exists ways to deal with them.

P.S.  I’m an experienced old man ps4 player, 6500ish gametime hours played.

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

1.  Personaly I don’t care if I drag an afk person through, there is no star chart mission, alert, sortie, bounty, or invasion that I would call ‘hard work’.  I don’t need or expect their help.  If running with randoms I go into the mission with the mindset that I’m solo’ing it, with some randoms alone for the ride.  Most of the time, if they are not afk, they slow me down!

2.  Your idea of having to get kills to qualify as not being afk would not always work.  Sometimes in some situations you go into a mission with a strong focus on being a support player, in which case you might not get the required kills. You are still contributing and you are still an essential part of the squad, but under your idea you may get kicked or not get any rewards.

3.  There are already numerous anti afk measures in place.  In conclave you get kicked, in defence and survival you get no rewards, bosses don’t spawn, etc.  though I suppose more measures wouldn’t hurt.

4.  Everyone is guilty of being afk at times, things happen.  You could get a phone call, visitors might call in, mum might insist you take the trash out immediately, controllers go flat, you might fall asleep!  When these things happen its nice to come back and see that the mission has been completed and you got the reward.

5.  You said Warframe is a game meant to be played with others, this is not true, just as its also not true to say Warframe should be played solo.  Play Warframe however you want to play it, 1, 2, 3, or 4 people (no longer 5-8 people).  The game is designed for it and can handle it.

6.  You said to not mention this counter but thats not fair because its the one thing you are supposed to do ti fix this issue:  if you don’t want to put up with the hassle of randoms, and afk randoms is just one example of a hassle, then don’t play with randoms!  This doesn’t mean only playing solo, it means hooking up with or making friends, normally via a clan, and play with them.

Overall, thanks for your efforts and the thought you have put in, I just think afk is a complex issue and many of your fixes either wouldn’t work, or there already exists ways to deal with them.

P.S.  I’m an experienced old man ps4 player, 6500ish gametime hours played.

Well I was just giving a suggestion. And the idea is more complex. When I said they need to at least kill I’m talking about while standing still like they put the controller down. That triggers other steps such as the no rewards or be fully kicked so other players wouldn’t be held back. Mainly during boss fights where all 4 players need to be in the same room but an afk wastes everyone’s time. If something is very important that they would have to go afk then they should leave the mission. I’ve had to stop for a few minutes many times and I would either tell others to let me finish the mission or I simply abort or turn my game off. When I say AFK I’m specifically talking about players that do little to no movement at all nor use abilities or attack. And their company is bringing more enemies for everyone else to fight. The whole point is that they cannot stand still and put the controller down. Each mission is different so obviously waiting would be required but that doesn’t excuse players that choose to hide away in closed doors and wait for the mission to end. I’ve mentioned that survival and defense and all that are different and don’t have the same AFK features except for players hiding in far away rooms away from enemies. They either need to move around or kill. Not sit around and do nothing. 

I could tolerate AFK if I didn’t have to wait for them to open doors, to extract, to progress in general. That’s where the last few suggestion I made were about. If they at least add solo extraction, solo door opening, boss room teleport, and reduce the number of enemies that spawn in bounties based on the number of players that are within the big yellow or red zones then the AFK would be much less of a problem for me and other players. That’s just my opinion. 

But nice discussion. Hope to have more. 👍🏻

So, when I do Defense and Snow globe to eleven, do I get no rewards, cause I keep an eye on the Globe at the pod, where others do their best to keep the globe and me alive? 

Well played. Now I have to run around like with ADHD on sugar, just to keep my stuff. 

Does OP know about squishy Frames, who have to hide/defend themselves by dealing extreme damage? What's AFK and what's "just standing around". What about "connection timed out". He could be standing cause he disconnected already? 

Edited by NoSpax

1 hour ago, NoSpax said:

So, when I do Defense and Snow globe to eleven, do I get no rewards, cause I keep an eye on the Globe at the pod, where others do their best to keep the globe and me alive? 

Well played. Now I have to run around like with ADHD on sugar, just to keep my stuff. 

Does OP know about squishy Frames, who have to hide/defend themselves by dealing extreme damage? What's AFK and what's "just standing around". What about "connection timed out". He could be standing cause he disconnected already? 

Standing around as in you put the controller down and watch or go hide in an enemy spawn room where you can’t be attacked and leave everything to the other players. Throwing up a snow globe every now and then would be considered you doing something. Standing on a defense with Mesa shooting everything would be doing something. Using limbo cataclysmism would be doing something. But using banshee sound quake the entire match until the energy is completely gone(I’ve seen some last 3 rounds) and after that just stand there like a statue is not quite the same. And I’ve had players including a frost just stand there and do nothing. No over simplifying or exaggeration. They did nothing and in cases involving frost there were multiple times where the bubble got completely destroyed he still stood still and even died, got revived(mostly by me) and just died again and again and eventually nobody revived him and he stayed dead for most of the rounds. That is what I mean by AFK. Doing nothing. If DE could add solo extraction, solo door opening, teleport late players to boss rooms, and reduce the number of enemies if not all players are in the big yellow zone in bounties then there wouldn’t be as many issues. I had an inaros stand at the Cetus gate the entire bounty and only moved after the bounty was completed and everybody tried to leave and an ember just roaming the plains and left me and another dude to do the whole bounty by ourselves. I’ve even tested the rewarding system out by not engaging in the stages and I still got the rewards. Lazy players may say that is good but I don’t and DE are nerfing warframes to reduce laziness when they should be targeting the laziness itself. Not every player. Ember is no longer that useful in the plains anymore because of that. It is complicated and I know that for DE to reduce these AFK issues would be complicated. I’m just giving suggestions to how they may reduce the AFK but may not completely eliminate it. That is all. They can take some of the ideas or all or none. I don’t care as long as they at least fix the extraction, doors, bosses, and enemy ambush issues that results from from AFK players. Then I wouldn’t have even bother posting about it. Only other issue was that Loki that hid in an enemy spawn room on a sortie defense mission and did nothing. I kept using my switch teleport with my disarming Loki to bring him back into the fight after he sat there for a couple of rounds and he kept running back into the door and I brought him back before he finally left the game. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)chris1pat8twins:

watch or go hide in an enemy spawn room where you can’t be attacked and leave everything to the other players.

You can actually do that? o.o

Zitat

And I’ve had players including a frost just stand there and do nothing. No over simplifying or exaggeration. They did nothing and in cases involving frost there were multiple times where the bubble got completely destroyed he still stood still and even died, got revived(mostly by me) and just died again and again and eventually nobody revived him and he stayed dead for most of the rounds. That is what I mean by AFK.

OK, I agree with you: this is AFK.

Zitat

Only other issue was that Loki that hid in an enemy spawn room on a sortie defense mission and did nothing. I kept using my switch teleport with my disarming Loki to bring him back into the fight after he sat there for a couple of rounds and he kept running back into the door and I brought him back before he finally left the game. 

Had a somewhat similar Loki encounter: Going Invis and hiding behind a box during 3 man Survival, a random and a clan member. We kept reviving him until we were so pissed, so we let him bleed out. Had enough problems with the air/enemies. After that player returned, he asked: "Why didn't you revive me, now I don't get rewards"... Imagine our faces, looking at each other. Fun fact: This happened when there where only 4 revs/day xD

Edited by NoSpax

42 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

Had a somewhat similar Loki encounter: Going Invis and hiding behind a box during 3 man Survival, a random and a clan member. We kept reviving him until we were so pissed, so we let him bleed out. Had enough problems with the air/enemies. After that player returned, he asked: "Why didn't you revive me, now I don't get rewards"... Imagine our faces, looking at each other. Fun fact: This happened when there where only 4 revs/day xD

Hehe, I like to bring enemies to the afk players and then watch them die.  Once they die, then I'll kill all the enemies.  That's how I handle AFKers the few times I come across them.