Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on New Endless Kuva Mission

Atekron

4 hours ago, Atekron said:

"Closed clubs" is problem that Warframe suffers lately, like elite "eidolon hunters club" - Chroma, Rhino, Volt, Trinity, Harrow, now we will get mission exlusive to Nekros.

Oberon is highly offended to be left out =p   he is one of the best frames to solo the tridalon...  I'm on Console so weeks away for us to have endless kuva, however it's not to difficult to keep your kill rate high enough to not need the support pillars.

5 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

To be fair, Survival is soooooorta the mission type Nekros excels at, but at the same time you must remember this is a Survival/Defense. Nekros alone can't carry that puppy, and will need either a different Frame, or additional Frames, to carry that high aggro Defense part through.

Not if you use Ancient healers. 

I will need to play it to give feedback but, i am not sure how i feel about it being a "survival & Excavation" hybrid.

Personally, i think i may be better as just an excavation type mission. Where we must protect the filters, similar too how Cryotic is farmed.

Alternatively, there can be different mission types for endless kuva.

1. Arena/Index type missions: Killing the enemies "transporting" Kuva will cause them to drop it. Each round can be based on collecting a certain amount of Kuva or killing a certain amount of enemies.

2. Excavation: Similar to what is being shown... minus the survival part.

3. Defense: Defend a kuva filter, every 5 waves "x" amount of kuva is rewarded. Scaling up every 5 waves.

There can and should be more types of endless kuva, i hope.

Edit: To the OP, i think i will be using Ivara for the new missions. She is just better at true endless survival then Nekros. Cloak the filter, sleep then enemies, pickpocket them for support/energy and then kill them with a covert dagger.

Edited by Krhymez

52 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I will need to play it to give feedback but, i am not sure how i feel about it being a "survival & Excavation" hybrid.

Personally, i think i may be better as just an excavation type mission. Where we must protect the filters, similar too how Cryotic is farmed.

Alternatively, there can be different mission types for endless kuva.

1. Arena/Index type missions: Killing the enemies "transporting" Kuva will cause them to drop it. Each round can be based on collecting a certain amount of Kuva or killing a certain amount of enemies.

2. Excavation: Similar to what is being shown... minus the survival part.

3. Defense: Defend a kuva filter, every 5 waves "x" amount of kuva is rewarded. Scaling up every 5 waves.

There can and should be more types of endless kuva, i hope.

Edit: To the OP, i think i will be using Ivara for the new missions. She is just better at true endless survival then Nekros. Cloak the filter, sleep then enemies, pickpocket them for support/energy and then kill them with a covert dagger.

after this flops they're gonna ignore the problem for a whole nother year or two even

Only issue I see with it being a survival based mode is the lack of concentration people have. Most of the pug survival missions end up with 1 or more people running off on their own, splitting up the mobs and gimping the flow, resulting in poor oxygen drops as a whole. If people would just try and co-op instead of farming damage on their own, things would be easier for everyone, no matter the frame you bring.

I will obviously farm kuva with my Nekros since he can make up for the lack of co-op. And if people do co-op well it will just be that much quicker and easier. I dont find anything wrong with missions being design with a certain frame or build in mind, it just adds to diversity.

The rewards seem pretty balanced, 200 kuva for 1 minute of work is ok. This seems to add up to maybe 3 defenses per 5 minutes, meaning 1200 kuva for 10 minutes in the mission. But in the end it will come down to how fast and effective people are.

After a successful filter defense the tower will replenish life support as was said in the workshop. So nekros won't be mandatory but with pug groups and people running off alone he's good to have. Tbh any decent cc or any tank frame with guardian derision can likely do ok there defending. The bigger threat tbh is the guardians who'll make you swap to operator. But 200 kuva is pretty good. Btw in dev post it says the 200 kuva is effected by boosters and smeeta unless it was changed.

1 hour ago, cookieknife said:

i think 200 is too low!

600 is too low also for the siphons. 

They really aren't being nice to their player base forcing this much rng onto us.

The new mission type is supposed to be a mid point between the normal and Flood, so 200 is fine specially since you won't be limited on how many times it can be run.

10 hours ago, Atekron said:

no, it's not

Limbo in defence is trolling, Gara pretty much useless, Frost maybe, with Ice Avalanche

If you are using only Avalance for defensive purposes, you have missed the point of frost as a defense frame. Avalance only helps with CC and armor buffing allies, which doesnt protect a life support tower from attack mind you even at full range. it helps, but doesn't do it justice over the long run. Bubble however stops all long range attacks where you can focus on short range primarily to eliminate attacks on it all together.

This isn't anything new whatsoever. We've always had Warframes that excel at certain aspects and mission types.

Any warframe with stealth is good for spy.

Any warframe that generates additional drops (not only Nekros) is good at survival, excavation, and farming in general.

Any warframe that can stop enemy gunfire or just keep them from ever reaching an objective is good at any defense modes.

Within these categories you can go min/max and come out with one frame that you find better than all the rest, but warframe is still open-ended enough that none of this is necessary to play any of the content in the game.