Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Conclave - Just Some Idea I Had :P

(PSN)SimulatedWhiskey

Open World Conclave

>>> Before bashing this idea into the ground, be sure to read on it and suggest how it could be better. I'd love something like this to be implemented into Warframe. It would definitely make PvP much better and a ton more fun. <<<

Imagine if conclave had a gamemode where you could go onto PoE, spawn in a random location, and fight with up to 64 other Tenno in a single match! Teams of 4 are allowed.

Obtaining Weapons, Mods, Lives, and More

You will spawn with a Lato. Random weapons of each class will be spawned on the map, including zaws. Mods that you put in the primary, secondary, and melee slots in the conclave configuration loadout, for this gamemode only, will be applied to the weapons you pick up. So if you equip a critical build, you better hope you find a critical weapon. ;) Also mods are from conclave only, PvE mods aren't allowed.

In each match you will be given 4 lives and each time you die you will lose your current weapons and drop them. Respawning takes 7 seconds and you will be in passive mode for 5 seconds (no damaging enemies and invincible). During this time you can find a weapon or a place to hide. After dying 4 times you will be placed into spectator mode where you can watch teamates or fly around the map until next round.

Scoring and timing is a way to ensure the game ends. The maximum score a squad can achieve is 30, which will make them victorious. The game lasts 25 minutes and the squad that has the most points, and is standing, will win.

Killing an enemy will automatically add to your team's score. You won't need to pick up an orb. Friendly fire is disabled. If someone kills 10 enemies in a row, without dying, they will get a "bounty" placed on their head. Bounties make a player ping on the map every 15 seconds. This tells the last known location of the player with a bounty. So you better keep running!

Modifiers

Every 5 minutes a random modifier will be added into the match. The first 5 minutes have no modifiers. Some modifiers can be negative, but most of them are positive. Modifiers last the entire match. A list of modifiers are added somewhere on the screen.

Some modifiers include, energy restore (like Energy Siphon), health restore (like Rejuvenation), faster attack speed, faster fire rate, 5-50% extra power strength, 5-50% extra power range, 5-50% extra power efficiency, 5-50% extra power duration, 3-15% radiation damage, 3-15% viral damage, 3-15% corrosive damage, 3-15% blast damage, no shield, low gravity, slower sprint speed, lose one ability, exploding death, energy drain (0.5 every second), and 20-30% less accuracy. Obviously these are just some ideas. More can be added and some can be removed. Also know that the better the modifier is, the lower chance it has of happening. Only 2 bad modifiers can happen in a match at once.

so.. pbug?

Really, not alot of people like conclave, it would most likely be abandoned until DE finds a way to not make every Tenno more jumpy then a grasshopper on cocaine in a lake of coffee after eating multiple ponds of sugar without pissing off the playerbase by removing mobility.

reminds me of Quake 3 team arena expansion, except the maps were medium or large with modifiers being spawned and pick ups that last til death. Problem is the field of view can't see enemies from mountain to ocean (on console anyway) and ppl will think this is wf's attempt at pubg and warframe could use some more out of box. Also I can picture everyone using Zephyr to rush it and get loot + kills

I can ensure that an idea like this would be a 100% full failure from the get go, for a few reasons.

• Normal conclave is already at the mercy of ping shenanigans.  Multiplying the player count by eight, would only manage to drastically worsen those problems.
  • Warframe is a game that lives off of the concept of using the Loadouts you've built up and earned over time.  So the cliche Battle Royal copy of the ol' Hunger Games style setup is too far detracted to have a chance to be enjoyed.
  • Having a mod loadout that's singular and tied to "hope you get the right weapon" is pure nonsense.  Nobody wants a big pile of RNG slapped into the middle of PvP like that.
  • Did I mention the lag, oh I did?  Well I'll mention it again here because it would make this game mode 100% unplayable.

Something that's important that folks need to know;  Just because one or a few games are successful and use a certain concept, does not mean all other games should copy that concept.  This kind of gameplay simply isn't right for Warframe.

Let PUBG/Fornite be what they were meant to be and let Warframe be Warframe.

We don't need to copy-paste another game's concept (aka Battle Royale) to improve Warframe. DE need to improve and polish existing content to make them viable (looking at you, Lunaro. Archwing, don't act like I didn't see you. Damage, Focus, stop playing hide and seek, I know where you are. Damn it, did anybody see Khora? Ah crap, Ember just broke here leg. *snif* *snif* Smell's like something is burning... HOLY CRAP! Volt, your knees are literaly on fire! I told you not to spam spin attacks like that, you idiot!). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, Bobtm said:

Warframe is a game that lives off of the concept of using the Loadouts you've built up and earned over time.  So the cliche Battle Royal copy of the ol' Hunger Games style setup is too far detracted to have a chance to be enjoyed.

It's odd. Whenever I see new ideas tossed around on how to change Warframe's PvP, the most common responses from Conclave Tenno are exactly the same dismissals PvE players would throw at Conclave. The 'loadout built up over time' goes out the window when transitioning between the two modes.  Conclave is far removed from the core premise of Warframe.  Some would say 'too detracted to be enjoyed'.  Yet there is a small community of Conclave players that love the mode.

Same could be said with the OP's idea.

On 27.3.2018 at 2:24 AM, midtarget said:

so.. pbug?

Really, not alot of people like conclave, it would most likely be abandoned until DE finds a way to not make every Tenno more jumpy then a grasshopper on cocaine in a lake of coffee after eating multiple ponds of sugar without pissing off the playerbase by removing mobility.

DE could increase the damage dealt by two or three times against warframes in bulletjump animation. This way bulletjump would be used to reach another location and not abusing long ttk with insane mobility.

Edited by Arcira

The basic metaphor for this is

you go to a steakhouse and demand that they give you sushi, even though there are several sushi restaurants nearby, if you force them to do it, they could create sushi, but sushi from a steakhouse will neve be as good as sushi from a sushi store.

4 hours ago, Arcira said:

DE could increase the damage dealt by two or three times against warframes in bulletjump animation. This way bulletjump would be used to reach another location and not abusing long ttk with insane mobility.

Except it's impossible to hit them anyway.