Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

war should be equal to galatine prime

maddragonmaster

well i know there is going to be some people that will turn this idea down for a few reasons but i feel that since the idea of a primed war is going to sevearly break lore canon war needs something that can bring it up to a prime status without prime'ing the war to put it at a more fair terms then it is at right now. then again war might end up on equal footing if they get damage 3.0 or what ever they are calling it now. anyways the reason i advice this idea is because war is a incredible looking sword that doesn't deserve the "dump it for a more meta weapon" treatment and the reason that it feels like that way is because galatine prime is a slash based weapon and since there is the "slash is best" mindset it is considered trash compared to galatine prime. and again war cannot be turned into a prime war without it blending and breaking the whole lore and wouldn't make sense with it being a prime able weapon. when i think about it there could be something like an upgrade down the line that gives it an ability or give sentient weapons something that separates it from normal weapons. 

No one is stopping you from using war though and it's not a bad weapon.

also why would anyone say it's trash compared to galatine prime just because it not a slash weapon? it's like saying don't use V Hek/Hek, corinth, arca plasmor or strun wraith just because the tigris prime exist.

Why is it not having specifically a Prime variant an argument? Just give Sentient weapons their own "prestige" variant, like wraith and vandal, problem solved. Call it Awakened or Revenant, to fit the sentient flavor. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it being unprimable is as big a deal as suggested here.

See, the War isn't a bad weapon at all. In fact, it was quite literally the BEST weapon for a very long time. The fact that there is something better does not automatically mean that this weapon needs to be buffed. At all. If anything, it suggests other things need to be nerfed a little. This thing could shred multiple hours of old T4 survival. It's not like that kind of thing has gotten harder, so War is still way more than powerful enough. 

Sure, it's not the meta, but it doesn't need to be in order to be a good item. War doesn't need a buff, it doesn't need changes, or an upgraded version. War has been and will remain one of the best melee weapons in the game. Tiberon Prime is in the game and outclasses a lot of other guns. Do you feel we need to buff every single rifle that isn't on par with it? Does every shotgun need to be as strong as Tigris Prime or Arca Plasmor? No. No, they don't. 

In short, War is no less of a great weapon just because there's something slightly better. Resources are better spent on things that actually need buffs. Like all the weapons with garbage crit/status and piss for damage. Or the unbearably slow ones. Or, perhaps, literally any weapon that wasn't the best weapon in warframe for over a year? War is fantastic. So what if there's something better? It's not like War is any less capable of extreme overkill than it used to be. 

8 hours ago, Akoneon said:

No one is stopping you from using war though and it's not a bad weapon.

also why would anyone say it's trash compared to galatine prime just because it not a slash weapon? it's like saying don't use V Hek/Hek, corinth, arca plasmor or strun wraith just because the tigris prime exist.

well have you seen the mindset of some people? anything that gets remotely shadowed by another high tier gear becomes trash in their eyes,. heck originalwickedfun even made a video about war vs galatine prime and stated it is better and then we got things like relentless combination that puts impact melee at an even more of a disadvantage compared to slash. the war or any impact melee has nothing that brings it up to galatine prime or any slash weapons. 

4 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

well have you seen the mindset of some people? anything that gets remotely shadowed by another high tier gear becomes trash in their eyes,. heck originalwickedfun even made a video about war vs galatine prime and stated it is better and then we got things like relentless combination that puts impact melee at an even more of a disadvantage compared to slash. the war or any impact melee has nothing that brings it up to galatine prime or any slash weapons. 

then the issue is impact needs to be better, so you wait for damage 3.0, the war is fine as-is right now (of course, i could give a better opinion of it if it would actually drop for me :angry:)

8 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

See, the War isn't a bad weapon at all. In fact, it was quite literally the BEST weapon for a very long time. The fact that there is something better does not automatically mean that this weapon needs to be buffed. At all. If anything, it suggests other things need to be nerfed a little. This thing could shred multiple hours of old T4 survival. It's not like that kind of thing has gotten harder, so War is still way more than powerful enough. 

Sure, it's not the meta, but it doesn't need to be in order to be a good item. War doesn't need a buff, it doesn't need changes, or an upgraded version. War has been and will remain one of the best melee weapons in the game. Tiberon Prime is in the game and outclasses a lot of other guns. Do you feel we need to buff every single rifle that isn't on par with it? Does every shotgun need to be as strong as Tigris Prime or Arca Plasmor? No. No, they don't. 

In short, War is no less of a great weapon just because there's something slightly better. Resources are better spent on things that actually need buffs. Like all the weapons with garbage crit/status and piss for damage. Or the unbearably slow ones. Or, perhaps, literally any weapon that wasn't the best weapon in warframe for over a year? War is fantastic. So what if there's something better? It's not like War is any less capable of extreme overkill than it used to be. 

well you have a good point. though i doubt that de will nerf anything like galatine prime since it is also a thing that people was able to buy and they would be afraid of pev'ing the customers that actually bought the galatine prime. also de has a habit of adding a weapon that is more power then the last at times. and at the other times making weapons that are terrible then most. and then i remember people comparing broken war and war and saying broken war was better due to the slash and swing speed.

Why use Galatine Prime when Atarax exists?

More seriously, DE's working on a large-scale revamp of all the melee weapons like they did all the primaries/secondaries, where MR will become meaningful to stat ranges and such.

Unless you have some form of suggestion beyond "the weapon I want to use isn't as meta as another weapon that is actually not top of the meta either should be changed to be a reskin of the more-meta one"... lol

2 hours ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

A: because it's a special weapon and very difficult to get(without buying it) 

Not difficult, just time consuming.

2 hours ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

B: because of the fact that it is a special weapon, it will never get a prime

It won't be a Prime because it isn't Tenno-made, not because it is "special".

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Not difficult, just time consuming.

It won't be a Prime because it isn't Tenno-made, not because it is "special".

Well yeah I know. I meant difficult as in it takes a lot of time and special meaning it's not Tenno. You know what I mean when I say War is a "special" weapon. It may seem like it but no sass or disrespect is meant in this response.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, maddragonmaster said:

but i feel that since the idea of a primed war is going to sevearly break lore

good thing there won't be cause its sentient not orokin

well there is wraith, vandel ect all DE needs to do is make a new sub-group for sentient weapons... simple

On 3/27/2018 at 8:46 AM, maddragonmaster said:

though the stats say otherwise when comparing it to a galatine prime.

Stat comparison:

Galatine Prime compared to War

Atk speed: 1.0 vs 0.917

damage: 165 vs 140

Crit chance/status chance/crit damage are the exact same:  20, 2.0, 20

SLam/slide/wall: 333 vs 280, if not th

Let us compare it to Scindo Prime.

stat comparison

Scindo P vs War

atk: 0.967 vs 0.917

dmg: 130 vs 140

CC/CD the same.  Status chance 15% vs 20%

slam/slide/wall:  260 vs 280

The stats War sports are very comparable to other Prime melee weapons. Galatine prime is one of the newest if not the newest heavy blade weapon addition in the game which results in it generally having better stats than the others.

War is still a very, very solid weapon. You're talking a damage difference of about 17% compared to Galatine Prime which really isnt bad because the TTK is more than likely going to be extremely close to each other. 

1 hour ago, Aegni said:

Stat comparison:

Galatine Prime compared to War

Atk speed: 1.0 vs 0.917

damage: 165 vs 140

Crit chance/status chance/crit damage are the exact same:  20, 2.0, 20

SLam/slide/wall: 333 vs 280, if not th

Let us compare it to Scindo Prime.

stat comparison

Scindo P vs War

atk: 0.967 vs 0.917

dmg: 130 vs 140

CC/CD the same.  Status chance 15% vs 20%

slam/slide/wall:  260 vs 280

The stats War sports are very comparable to other Prime melee weapons. Galatine prime is one of the newest if not the newest heavy blade weapon addition in the game which results in it generally having better stats than the others.

War is still a very, very solid weapon. You're talking a damage difference of about 17% compared to Galatine Prime which really isnt bad because the TTK is more than likely going to be extremely close to each other. 

well all of the red stats when comparing war to galatine prime drives me nuts and there is a few times were something takes a few more hits with war then galatine prime. and anytime i am being remembered how better galatine prime is compared to war (which is everytime i try to figure out a interesting build and trying have it work with excalibur and using war against infested and grineer.) it also bothers me.

Edited by maddragonmaster

16 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

well all of the red stats when comparing war to galatine prime drives me nuts and there is a few times were something takes a few more hits with war then galatine prime. and anytime i am being remembered how better galatine prime is compared to war (which is everytime i try to figure out a interesting build and trying have it work with excalibur and using war against infested and grineer.) it also bothers me.

What kind of build are you using?  TTK between the two shouldn't be more than maybe  hit or two particularly using cleaving whirlwind.

Isn't the Zenistar just straight up better than both War & Galantine Prime.

Basically an AoE disc + Scindo Prime

Scindo Prime used to be the Flavor oof Top Tier back when it was introduced. 

Not sure how DE is doing with the crazy task of trying to rebalance Melee weapons with the current Mechanics.

•I'm guessing they will lower short ranged weapon class's melee combo count tier (like Venka Prime) so that Fist weapons can have a spitting chance damage ramp-up wise.

Although the issue with Melee is Range is pretty much King.

I guess we will need to wait to see Melee Rebalance workshop to see if DE decided War and Galatine Prime should compete. (They could always leave War as Impact, but increase base Range and do something silly like give it forced Slash procs on every hit....making it an alt Slash weapon like almost all Crit Primary weapons these days)*