Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting exodia arcanes to be applicable to all melee weapons

LordNero86

As title says.

I fell in love with exodia hunt months ago while trying it out with my zaw. Recently I've toyed around with some melee weapons, the non-zaw variants, and was thinking "this weapon would be very nice if I put my exodia in it". Proceeded to the weapon modding menu and saddened that we can't slot exodia arcanes to non-zaw variants.

Is there is any reasoning as to why this option is locked to zaw only? If there is none, I highly requests this option to be added in to the non-zaw variants

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

Was to make zaws worth the investment

It didnt work

Many Zaws you can craft are actually among top tier for their weapon type, and I'm not exclusively referring to the plague zaws. On that note, however, my Plague Zaw replaced Nikanas as my primary melee preference for the first time in years. Lol

Now I kinda wish there was a Nikana Zaw...

16 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

I can see why Exodia themself may be exclusive to Zaws, but it would be nice to have a normal melee alternative option though.

5 hours ago, Gandergear said:

It didnt work

Zaws are already stronger than a lot of melee weapons in the game if you build them right, even without arcanes. Like, a Cyath/Seekalla/Vargeet Ruhang II zaw is better than the Guandao in every way except for crit damage (2.0 vs. 2.2, which the increased base damage more than makes up for) and possibly reach.

But yeah, it would be nice to use arcanes on weapons that don't look like I went dumpster diving.

Edited by MercuryDjinni

3 hours ago, Gandergear said:

It didnt work

What parallel world are you living in? Zaws are crazy good right now. You have no idea what you're missing. Even before factoring in Arcanes, Zaws built from a full selection of parts make some of the best melee weapons in the game, competing with the likes of the Galatine Prime or Twin Krohkur.

6 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

What parallel world are you living in? Zaws are crazy good right now. You have no idea what you're missing. Even before factoring in Arcanes, Zaws built from a full selection of parts make some of the best melee weapons in the game, competing with the likes of the Galatine Prime or Twin Krohkur.

Competing with weapons that require 200x less effort to make...

I didnt say theyre bad, theyre just not worth the investment.

9 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Last I checked DE showed off Scythe and Nikana Zaw sets, but I heard nothing since.

Maybe they'll come with Khora, [soon].

Scythe and Nikana Zaws have been shown and confirmed, Hammer Zaws have been talked about along with those two in the same DEvstream.

Personally, I’d be patient. I like Exodias being intrinsic to Zaws, since it’s something you can spend time to develop and enjoy working on a weapon you took heart into making your own. The Zaws will have their inventory expanded allowing for more crafting options.

I mean, personally, the thought of a Hammer Zaw with Crushing Ruin and Exodia Hunt has me pretty excited. Or a Nikana Zaw, Blind Justice, and Exodia Hunt. Pretty stoked.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

В 04.04.2018 в 03:35, Gandergear сказал:

there is not a single hybrid co-crit weapon, except prisma dual cleavers.

zaws enable high-end melee playstyle without meme strike, and plague arcanes apply 100% status that make co even beter.

it's hard to compete with galatine, but galatine feels kinda dull after lvl 100 vs armored stuff, unlike plague kripath-seekwala-jai II polearm with exodia epidemic, there is also nice combo with willow stance and exodia hunt.

Edited by Sqecmi

I’m going to hate myself when I say this, because we have so many of these weapons in-game already but... Dual Sword Zaws when?

I only make this statement because Swirling Tiger has a slam attack in its pause combo that could really make Exodia Hunt worthwhile, and it would mitigate the range necessary for Dual Sword users to reach CQC with their enemies.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Many Zaws you can craft are actually among top tier for their weapon type, and I'm not exclusively referring to the plague zaws. On that note, however, my Plague Zaw replaced Nikanas as my primary melee preference for the first time in years. Lol

Now I kinda wish there was a Nikana Zaw...

I can see why Exodia themself may be exclusive to Zaws, but it would be nice to have a normal melee alternative option though.

Or that Zaw could use skins :0

On 4/4/2018 at 2:35 AM, Gandergear said:

Mine was pretty easy.. I mean never grinded for it and just did two plague star runs.