Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Karyst build for Ivara

geminimercury

Question

Hello. Can someone recommend me a Karyst build which would be good for playing stealth Ivara? I don't have mods like focus energy, voltaic strike or virulent scourge (I can't farm that one yet). I do have covert lethality which is like a must for the build. Would really appreciate it if someone can help. Thanks.

9 answers to this question

You want attack speed on it. Attack Speed on melee finally actually applies to the finisher animation speed, as for the longest time it had no bearing on the animation of a finisher. I've always been a proponent of putting speed on them anyway, because if you miss a finisher for example and only do a regular swing, you ruined part of your sleep arrow duration to get some stealth combo affinity. FAST knives RECOVER faster and allow you to attempt a finisher again, sooner. IMO, always put speed on any CV dagger anyway. When you got a group of 15~ and you're trying to OHKO all of them, those fractions of a second add up to a few whole seconds in the end; that could be enough to ruin your 500% bonus if something wakes up and you were too slow.

Personally speaking though, I'd try to make a Rakta Dark Dagger your goal for Ivara. Put Primed Reach on it and suddenly using it in melee mode allows you to use Sleep Arrow as basically a healing ability for yourself. Buff it for status chance and speed and laugh hilariously as you tap an enemy from far away to irradiate it, and then cause stealth finishers to give you Full+1200 Overshields constantly. It's nice for Spy sorties when enemies may be a lil tough and you want some extra insurance juuuust incase you mortally screw things up (it happens).

4 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

You want attack speed on it. Attack Speed on melee finally actually applies to the finisher animation speed, as for the longest time it had no bearing on the animation of a finisher. I've always been a proponent of putting speed on them anyway, because if you miss a finisher for example and only do a regular swing, you ruined part of your sleep arrow duration to get some stealth combo affinity. FAST knives RECOVER faster and allow you to attempt a finisher again, sooner. IMO, always put speed on any CV dagger anyway. When you got a group of 15~ and you're trying to OHKO all of them, those fractions of a second add up to a few whole seconds in the end; that could be enough to ruin your 500% bonus if something wakes up and you were too slow.

Personally speaking though, I'd try to make a Rakta Dark Dagger your goal for Ivara. Put Primed Reach on it and suddenly using it in melee mode allows you to use Sleep Arrow as basically a healing ability for yourself. Buff it for status chance and speed and laugh hilariously as you tap an enemy from far away to irradiate it, and then cause stealth finishers to give you Full+1200 Overshields constantly. It's nice for Spy sorties when enemies may be a lil tough and you want some extra insurance juuuust incase you mortally screw things up (it happens).

fury and primed fury affect finisher speed. Berserker doesnt 

Covert Lethality. That's it.

Don't use Focus Energy Weapon channeling is generally useless aside from a few exceptions like if you happen to use Life Strike for example. I know it adds Electricity, but rather take 90% electricity damage from Shocking Touch over it.

On a more serious note, a full build with your added limitations would/could look like this:

Dagger Stance of your choice that fits the polarity. I don't know if there is a specific one superior to the others. 

Covert Lethality | Fury/Primed Fury | Pressure Point/Primed Pressure Point |  <- those are basically staple here.

Then you can add viral damage (Fever Strike/Primed Fever Strike and Vicious Frost/North Wind) or corrosive damage (Fever Strike/Primed Fever Strike and Shocking Touch).

That would leave you with another three slots being open. You could add another combo element and go for viral/radiation (Shocking Touch and Volcanic Edge/Molten Impact) or go corrosive/blast (Vicious Frost/North Wind and Volcanic Edge/Molten Impact).

For the last slot you could use Organ Shatter, True Steel, Reach/Primed Reach or Berserker for example. In general if you decide to run only one element a few mods for the three open slots can be: Berserker, Organ Shatter, Life Strike, Drifting Contact/Body Count + Blood Rush, Reach/Primed Reach, True Steel.

Keep in mind that your Karyst already deals toxin damage by itself, so it can be used to free up a slot by not using toxin mods, but it would lower the elemental damage overall.

You could consider using the Rakta Dark Dagger for its syndicate energy regeneration and AoE damage. You'd use Gleaming Blight on it.

Just as a clarifier, you don't need the primed versions of the mods. I just mentioned them so you know they are a thing and the regular versions can be "upgraded" at some point during your tenno-career. Using the basic ones is totally fine. Also keep my initial statement in mind. As Ivara you can utilize a dagger greatly solely by using Sleep Arrow and Covert Lethality, that's all you "need", the rest is fanciness since you likely wont survive direct melee combat as Ivara on higher levels for long.

Cheers, hope it helps.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Covert Lethality. That's it.

Don't use Focus Energy Weapon channeling is generally useless aside from a few exceptions like if you happen to use Life Strike for example. I know it adds Electricity, but rather take 90% electricity damage from Shocking Touch over it.

On a more serious note, a full build with your added limitations would/could look like this:

Dagger Stance of your choice that fits the polarity. I don't know if there is a specific one superior to the others. 

Covert Lethality | Fury/Primed Fury | Pressure Point/Primed Pressure Point |  <- those are basically staple here.

the you can add viral damage (Fever Strike/Primed Fever Strike and Vicious Frost/North Wind) or corrosive damage (Fever Strike/Primed Fever Strike and Shocking Touch).

That would leave you with another three slots being open. You could add another combo element and go for viral/radiation (Shocking Touch and Volcanic Edge/Molten Impact) or go corrosive/blast (Vicious Frost/North Wind and Volcanic Edge/Molten Impact).

For the last slot you could use Organ Shatter, True Steel, Reach/Primed Reach or Berserker for example. In general if you decide to run only one element a few mods for the three open slots can be: Berserker, Organ Shatter, Life Strike, Drifting Contact/Body Count + Blood Rush, Reach/Primed Reach, True Steel.

Keep in mind that your Karyst already deals toxin damage by itself, so it can be used to free up a slot by not using toxin mods, but it would lower the elemental damage overall.

You could consider using the Rakta Dark Dagger for its syndicate energy regeneration and AoE damage. You'd use Gleaming Blight on it.

Just as a clarifier, you don't need the primed versions of the mods. I just mentioned them so you know they are a thing and the regular versions can be "upgraded" at some point during your tenno-career. Using the basic ones is totally fine. Also keep my initial statement in mind. As Ivara you can utilize a dagger greatly solely by using Sleep Arrow and Covert Lethality, that's all you "need", the rest is fanciness since you likely wont survive direct melee combat as Ivara on higher levels for long.

Cheers, hope it helps.

thank you very much!

I've been using the karyst as my go-to for a little while now due to getting a riven for it. Managing to pull 100k+ damage on stealth kills on prison wardens, it's not too strong on engaging multiple enemies at once though.

Riven is +156% Crit chance + 175.9% Finisher damage 

http://tinypic.com/r/ei1tzk/9

http://tinypic.com/r/33xinnp/9

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎04 at 7:56 AM, geminimercury said:

Hello. Can someone recommend me a Karyst build which would be good for playing stealth Ivara? I don't have mods like focus energy, voltaic strike or virulent scourge (I can't farm that one yet). I do have covert lethality which is like a must for the build. Would really appreciate it if someone can help. Thanks.

Your best bet for use with Ivara is to just get the Rakta Dark Dagger.  Slap on Covert Lethality, Fury/Primed Fury(to speed up the kill speeds), and Gleaming Blight(for energy regen).  This all you need really.  You could add in Dispatch Overdrive to increase your walking speed between kills.  

Covert Lethality and Sleep Arrow makes all the other damage mods redundant.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Your best bet is to drop the Karyst and build a Balla Zaw dagger with max attack speed.

It will do far better due to it's faster attack speed.

As far as an actual build, put on every +attack speed mod that you can, and then whatever for the rest. As long as you are getting stealth kills, they will die regardless.

7 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Your best bet is to drop the Karyst and build a Balla Zaw dagger with max attack speed.

It will do far better due to it's faster attack speed.

Sadly a weapon's innate faster speed doesn't effect the stealth kill speed.  Only the weapon speed mods do this.  While the dagger zaws are very cool, they don't really offer any benefits in this situation.