Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

@Almighty_Jado

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT! THE ULTIMATE SENTIENT THEME MOD SET!

The 'Survivalyst' Set. 

Set Bonus: +5/10/15/20/25/30% Resistance to the last damage type received.

• On a five second cool down so that you arent just switching resistances every time you're hit.
  • Status effects do not trigger this. Only direct attacks Ie. Melee, Bullets/Projectile Impacts/Weapon Effects (Gas Clouds/Explosions), Environmental Damage.

Mod Drops - Mods would drop from the Ferrolyst fight with each stage granting a chance to drop a mod:

• First Synovia - Bronze Mods (50% Drop Chance - Each mod 33%):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Medic: Health Orbs grant an additional 2/4/6/8/10% health.
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Energize: Energy Orbs grant an additional 2/4/6/8/10% energy.
    • (Companion) Survivalyst Shielding: Shields begin regenerating 2/4/6/8/10% faster.

• Second Synovia - Silver Mods (30% Drop Chance - Each mod 50%):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Acrobatics: +4/8/12/16/20% Damage resistance whilst airborne or sliding.
    • (Companion) Survivalyst Partner: +1/3/5/7/9 health regen/s when at 10% or lower HP (Once per life).

• Final Kill - Gold Mod (15% Drop Chance):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Resistance: -10/15/20/25/30% Status Effect duration. 

Now I understand that there is already 3 mod sets in this concept and that you are looking to flesh out the main idea more before adding more complex ideas but I thought of the mod set effect and had to type it up so may as well share it. Some of these effects could maybe do with some tweaking but I think that giving up a slot for these could be a potential idea for more squishy frames such as Banshee. Anyway, something to add a kick to your creative juices.

2 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

@Almighty_Jado

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT! THE ULTIMATE SENTIENT THEME MOD SET!

The 'Survivalyst' Set. 

Set Bonus: +5/10/15/20/25/30% Resistance to the last damage type received.

• On a five second cool down so that you arent just switching resistances every time you're hit.
  • Status effects do not trigger this. Only direct attacks Ie. Melee, Bullets/Projectile Impacts/Weapon Effects (Gas Clouds/Explosions), Environmental Damage.

Mod Drops - Mods would drop from the Ferrolyst fight with each stage granting a chance to drop a mod:

• First Synovia - Bronze Mods (50% Drop Chance - Each mod 33%):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Medic: Health Orbs grant an additional 2/4/6/8/10% health.
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Energize: Energy Orbs grant an additional 2/4/6/8/10% energy.
    • (Companion) Survivalyst Shielding: Shields begin regenerating 2/4/6/8/10% faster.

• Second Synovia - Silver Mods (30% Drop Chance - Each mod 50%):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Acrobatics: +4/8/12/16/20% Damage resistance whilst airborne or sliding.
    • (Companion) Survivalyst Partner: +1/3/5/7/9 health regen/s when at 10% or lower HP (Once per life).

• Final Kill - Gold Mod (15% Drop Chance):
    • (Warframe) Survivalyst Resistance: -10/15/20/25/30% Status Effect duration. 

Now I understand that there is already 3 mod sets in this concept and that you are looking to flesh out the main idea more before adding more complex ideas but I thought of the mod set effect and had to type it up so may as well share it. Some of these effects could maybe do with some tweaking but I think that giving up a slot for these could be a potential idea for more squishy frames such as Banshee. Anyway, something to add a kick to your creative juices.

Certainly! Always good to have a field of ideas to pick from!

I am rather pleased that you are so interested and invested in my ideas however! 🙂

Here’s my idea for the factions in Tau:

You can get “Orokin” (don’t know what else to call it for my concept) standing for completing missions/raids/bounties on Tau and can turn in that standing for any of the factions, whether you’re part of a faction or not. The problem is that you have to spend twice as many faction points to get what you want, with 10% of the points actually covering the “shipping tax”.

Well folks, very soon we’ll be seeing DE’s big reveal! I’m here at Tennocon and will be receiving all the juicy news face-first.

This will determine whether or not The legion of Tau will continue as a concept or retire of DE decides to make it themselves!

PSA IN REGARDS TO TENNO RAILJACKS AND THE NEW WAR:

I will continue to update The Legion of Tau until we get more information about The New War. The New War looks like it will be primarily a Sentient Focused Cinematic Quest and may actually not take place IN Tau, but rather an invasion of Sentients returning to the Origin system to destroy things. As such, I may be able to continue on with the creation of the Legion of Tau even past its release.

In regards to Railjacks; they seem to be Tenno gunships with built-in Solar Rail capabilties, meaning they may be a viable method of getting to Tau. The real question though: "Will Railjacks play a part of the Legion of Tau?
The answer is....

YES! Railjacks will absolutely be incorporated! Once we get to see a little more into the systems with that whole expansion I will be able to add more things in.

You want giant space battle vs Sentient Brood Ships? They're coming!

You want to board orbital Sentient Space Stations? They're coming!!

Just hang in there while I digest all the new stuff we got dumped on us... there's still a ton of stuff from Fortuna that I also need to analyze to improve Tau from. I've also been brainstorming a few name ides for the Tau Hub World, you'll see them soon!

@(PS4)TwistedInstincts Since we now have gunships to fly around in and also acts as a mini hub for a squad, I feel like keeping the Tau Hub World as a ground-based area would be best. Excellent idea however! You practically beat DE to their own reveal!

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

@(PS4)TwistedInstincts Since we now have gunships to fly around in and also acts as a mini hub for a squad, I feel like keeping the Tau Hub World as a ground-based area would be best. Excellent idea however! You practically beat DE to their own reveal!

I'm secretly a time traveller bro. And yeah now that they've revealed this I can easily accept a ground base. 

As long as the ground base has a display of dead sentient parts arranged in silly shapes. For morale purposes of course.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

I'm secretly a time traveller bro. And yeah now that they've revealed this I can easily accept a ground base. 

As long as the ground base has a display of dead sentient parts arranged in silly shapes. For morale purposes of course.

Oh thats a great idea! Also imagine being able to buy impaled sentients on stakes as decorations for Dojos and Orbiters!

But yeah, anyways... if you would like to, you can refine the ground-based Hub World if you have the time and interest. Currently I'm working on Syndicate rewards... also reaching out to some friends for their concept art for Tau Ceti's landscape, and also one of my friends is designing the Quill who accompanies us to Tau. I'm holding off on creating new Sentient enemies just for now while I get more core concepts solidified

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Since we now have gunships to fly around in and also acts as a mini hub for a squad, I feel like keeping the Tau Hub World as a ground-based area would be best. Excellent idea however! You practically beat DE to their own reveal!

They've even got Mod Bench, Foundry and all that noise in it.

Just.

So much cool.

Good Morning everyone hope everybody is having a great day.

@Almighty_JadoJust to let you know im glad The Legion of Tau can still be built  upon, since from what i got from the NEW WAR trailer is that it wont occur in Tau but possible a middle ground between Sol and Tau systems. Which is why if im correct Steve said he wanted us to use railjack explore the unexplored zones outside the solar system

Im not sure if he did say those word. im pretty sure like everyone else i was crying from the emotional overload

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Good Morning everyone hope everybody is having a great day.

@Almighty_JadoJust to let you know im glad The Legion of Tau can still be built  upon, since from what i got from the NEW WAR trailer is that it wont occur in Tau but possible a middle ground between Sol and Tau systems. Which is why if im correct Steve said he wanted us to use railjack explore the unexplored zones outside the solar system

Im not sure if he did say those word. im pretty sure like everyone else i was crying from the emotional overload

Can’t say anyone at Tennocon was crying, though. Everyone there was just losing it and screaming their lungs out! (Myself included!)

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

*curiosity intensifies*

Oh, uh, just the Teocuitlatl Coconeh suh. Story isn't yet done, but all the cultures are pumped out properly.

They aren't the "Gone Native" Sentient inhabitants of Tau you and I have worked on respectively, but, rather, a shipload that have convinced themselves that the giant landable city they live in is actually their own and that they themselves are the Orokin. That belief is then challenged alarmingly when they actually get into Tau 5's orbit. . . and find it inhabited by some manner of alien horror that seems. . . eerily familiar.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Just an update when on the progress im making on the Hub Town map; I am now setup with my actual computer so I can make some actual progress on designs. 

Also, one other update...

*ahem*

NIDUS DELUXE SKIN CONCEPT OMFG AHHHHHHH!!! AND SPAGHETTI DOG GETS AN AWESOME SKIN TOO!!! YEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

That is all.

Yes, as you can see I am a huge Nidus fan from my profile picture. I’m refraining from splashing my hype all over this thread because I’ve already done so in 3 Discord servers and Tennocon, heh

What about consider the 'Sentient' fighting/support troops as a "material/void transcendence" of real organic Tau population ?

Could be the key for restore Lotus/Natah .

Is happened in our days, a lot of workers never meet in real their boss, and sometime also the direct supervisor is just a voice in a phone,a fax order or a sequence of Emails.

If we develope this kind of society links with transcendence reality, we could suppose that Tau population gained a singolar form of transhumanity , the Sentient maybe is a complex form of personality energy avatar, the infinite copy of themself working as an infinite reply of same indivudal/collective society.

Maybe the real reason of hostility of Tau versus Orokin is cause the Orokin still have the chance to evolve, also better than Tau one day, due to this, Tau programmed a preventive war for preserve their eternal,static, immutable paradise of transhumanist condition. 

This could explain the continued study of Warframe Technology by Sentient patrols, they are checking the progress of  entire Solar Population.  

They have superior technology, but not enough progress speed. Thats could be their limit. 

Spoiler

Impressive Lotus/Natah similar aspect in a current day's vision of Transhumans existence.

12.jpg

Note: yes ,i like Distopic Science Fiction ☺️ (i suggest to read the masterpiece book "fahrenheit 451" ,also without using any transhuman theory the book (more than the movie) explains how various kind of humans create their real coscience inside the amount and choice of data to collect, for example the protagonist, change completely their mind just after reading a piece of page of a burned book. This means that a little bit of information (elettronic or not) could influence the progress and life of every sentient creature, also radicaly. So we can suppose that Tau population, without any real need of get progression in their existence are in the same condition of "Slaves in golden cage"  due to their  perfect world that is not permeable to external reality (Platone's Cave could explain this singular mental condition).  

reading referee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

https://www.mymovies.it/film/2018/fahrenheit-451/  

1 hour ago, KeLaRo said:

What about consider the 'Sentient' fighting/support troops as a "material/void transcendence" of real organic Tau population ?

Could be the key for restore Lotus/Natah .

Is happened in our days, a lot of workers never meet in real their boss, and sometime also the direct supervisor is just a voice in a phone,a fax order or a sequence of Emails.

If we develope this kind of society links with transcendence reality, we could suppose that Tau population gained a singolar form of transhumanity , the Sentient maybe is a complex form of personality energy avatar, the infinite copy of themself working as an infinite reply of same indivudal/collective society.

Maybe the real reason of hostility of Tau versus Orokin is cause the Orokin still have the chance to evolve, also better than Tau one day, due to this, Tau programmed a preventive war for preserve their eternal,static, immutable paradise of transhumanist condition. 

This could explain the continued study of Warframe Technology by Sentient patrols, they are checking the progress of  entire Solar Population.  

They have superior technology, but not enough progress speed. Thats could be their limit. 

Hide contents

Impressive Lotus/Natah similar aspect in a current day's vision of Transhumans existence.

12.jpg

Note: yes ,i like Distopic Science Fiction ☺️ (i suggest to read the masterpiece book "fahrenheit 451" ,also without using any transhuman theory the book (more than the movie) explains how various kind of humans create their real coscience inside the amount and choice of data to collect, for example the protagonist, change completely their mind just after reading a piece of page of a burned book. This means that a little bit of information (elettronic or not) could influence the progress and life of every sentient creature, also radicaly. So we can suppose that Tau population, without any real need of get progression in their existence are in the same condition of "Slaves in golden cage"  due to their  perfect world that is not permeable to external reality (Platone's Cave could explain this singular mental condition).  

reading referee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

https://www.mymovies.it/film/2018/fahrenheit-451/  

Hm. . . hm. . . if your looking for transhumanistic tendencies, I don't think the story as it is right now allows for that kinda interpretation. The Sentients are descendants of drones sent to Tau to terraform it into an "ivory tower" for the Orokin who adapted to the environment in an evolutionary manner and became sentient.

If you ARE looking for transhumanism in the Warframe setting though, direct your attention towards Lech Kril and the fact that greater then 50% of his anatomy is composed of cybernetics.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . hm. . . if your looking for transhumanistic tendencies, I don't think the story as it is right now allows for that kinda interpretation. The Sentients are descendants of drones sent to Tau to terraform it into an "ivory tower" for the Orokin who adapted to the environment in an evolutionary manner and became sentient.

If you ARE looking for transhumanism in the Warframe setting though, direct your attention towards Lech Kril and the fact that greater then 50% of his anatomy is composed of cybernetics.

I agree, the Sentients were never human enough (besides Natah) to deal with the whole topic of transhumanism.

As the the aggressive behaviour towards the orokin, its root is the idea that the Sentients knew the orokin would only destroy what the Sentients has created (through pollution and resource consumption) so they decided to try and stop the orokin beforehand.

This is a weird one “I suck at words” but a sentient style ship I know that’s really strange but if we had a sentient style ship because just a new ship as we have bombing , turret, hacking , and shielding???? I can’t remmeber the last one but what about a ship that gives us a thick aoe stun or a disorient aoe .... or a cloaking field ship but with more of a sentient look to it tbh it be nice just to have a new ship but I suck so that’s my input 

Edited by Steampunkzter

1 hour ago, Steampunkzter said:

This is a weird one “I suck at words” but a sentient style ship I know that’s really strange but if we had a sentient style ship because just a new ship as we have bombing , turret, hacking , and shielding???? I can’t remmeber the last one but what about a ship that gives us a thick aoe stun or a disorient aoe .... or a cloaking field ship but with more of a sentient look to it tbh it be nice just to have a new ship but I suck so that’s my input 

You mean like a Sentient Worm Ship?

Or you mean a Sentient Landing Craft? Lore wise I'm not sure if that would make much sense