Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time gating the Eidolons is by far one of the worst things to currently plague the game.

With how hard it can be to gather a competent team, either going with randoms or through recruit chat, it wastes so much time just getting into the fight, and then it gets so buggy that you can lose the all your brilliant and radiant shards, and by extension all of the time you just spent on the fights. The time gating needs to either stop or be far less of a hassle. Having to wait over an hour and a half just to attempt the fight and lose out on your rewards far enough in to where you can't even try again is the easiest way to piss off and drive people away from doing them all together. I know I'm tempted to just give up after having well over a week now with maybe 1 successful hunt.

Equalize the day and night cycles, or make closer so it's not so unbelievably punishing for those who don't get to be on that much. Nothing is worse than getting on only to see it say sunrise and know you won't even have a chance to do the one activity that you really really enjoy for nearly 2 hours.

Or you could leave it as is, but let us use normal eidolon sheets to summon a slightly weakened gantulyst during the day that gives only Teralyst tier rewards. That way you can farm all you want, but you have to fight a stronger eidolon for less rewards so it's not quite as efficient as night runs.

We need a solution to this either way, being completely locked out of an end game activity because you aren't on at the right time is just not right.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

We need a solution to this either way, being completely locked out of an end game activity because you aren't on at the right time is just not right.

I disagree that Tridolon fights are endgame. They are just so weak.

But, they really should fix the bugs. And the day/night cycle was a terrible idea. Everything worth doing happens at night, but we only get 50 minutes of night. So, we have to pick which activity we want to do during the night. I mean, I see no reason at all why we could not have equal length days and nights. (I know what their reason is, and a shorter overall cycle would fix the problem)

19 minutes ago, krc473 said:

But, they really should fix the bugs. And the day/night cycle was a terrible idea. Everything worth doing happens at night, but we only get 50 minutes of night. So, we have to pick which activity we want to do during the night. I mean, I see no reason at all why we could not have equal length days and nights. (I know what their reason is, and a shorter overall cycle would fix the problem)

Shorter Cycles would give players less time to do the fights in the first place, leading to more people failing to get the kills in time without using specific compositions.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Shorter Cycles would give players less time to do the fights in the first place,

What I was meaning is that days and nights are the SAME length. So, 60 mins days and nights or something. Not long days and short nights.

I do not want LESS night, I want a better night:day ratio.

44 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

So you are having problems with receiving the rewards but instead of asking to fix it you ask to remove the timegate. Why? To miss out on more rewards?

I'm saying that the glitches and other issues are only as severe because one of these happening essentially locks you out of the content without any rewards. Make the time between shorter and that issue becomes much more bearable.

46 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I disagree that Tridolon fights are endgame. They are just so weak.

I would because it's one of the only activities outside of endless scaling missions that require most of the current content in the game to be done. You need a high damage weapon, a very well built frame, an operator that isn't super weak, an amp that is at least passable, and a good team to do it without it taking forever and being a nightmare.

There's not much to endgame right now and as such I consider focus and eidolons to be the main piece of it.

And I agree, I've got a bunch of amp arcanes waiting to be built but I don't want to waste a night cycle just to catch the fish that only spawn at night when I could be trying to capture the eidolons and possibly get a ton of focus points and other arcanes.

I don't any activity that has this level of importance overall (arcanes, focus points, materials for amps and such) should be locked away behind such a small window of time that's seperated by over double the time between (I say over double because the lures blow up like 6 minutes before day even starts, so it's really 106 minutes of wait for 44 minutes of hunting time).

14 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

That way you can farm all you want

Where does DE say this is what they want you to do?

14 hours ago, krc473 said:

But, they really should fix the bugs.

Let's just ignore the bottom litany on every hotfix and update. They are always fixing bugs. That they haven't yet for X feature is because it isn't nearly as simple as people think it is or there are more important ones for other content.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Let's just ignore the bottom litany on every hotfix and update.

So, you think that because they fix bugs, people are not allowed to want other bugs fixed? Yes, they are always fixing bugs. But there are always more bugs to be fixed. I would hope that most people have realised by now that it is not a simple thing to fix bugs.

Edited by krc473

I dislike IRL timer-based things, period. Like, I might have an hour of free time in the evening, and yeah, it's time to fight some eidolons! Oops, wait, I can't because it's morning time in Cetus. Guess I'll wait til tomorrow and hope the stars align for me to get the content I want.

Maybe they could make it so that if you want to fight Eidolons during the day you can jump through some hoops first?  Like, activate + defend a bunch of nodes that spawn a giant stormcloud that allows the Eidolon to come out for a certain amount of time?

Like...Something that keeps night-time as prime Eidolon hunting season, but allows you to still fight the boss in day cycles if that's the only time you can be on, or if you REALLY want to just grind eidolons and don't mind doing a 10-15 minute set of objectives to get to the fight.

I do very few eidolons simply because of the time zone nonsense. I don't like to be rushed or feel I have to watch, wait and basically plan my game time around a cycle. Especially when that cycle is 2/3 day 1/3 night or whatever. Eidolons in a team are pure cheese, cheese isn't fun to me so when I do-do them, I solo them to increase the difficulty/fun and try different weapons and warframes. This is REALLY difficult sometimes because you need time to change the setups/weapons etc. if they suck. The time restrictions make me personally avoid them, completely it seems atm. Obviously takes longer solo and I am not "farming" them with riven modded lankas or whatever the farm meta is.

I know the argument "DE want to promote team play" but seriously they are cheese in a team. If a team has the right prisms it is pretty straight forward if you are using radiation/cold crit based weapons. Obviously pug games are going to be random af and finding a team to effectively kill them may vary. Teams take time to find sometimes, there is that word again TIME. I agree with the OP for different reasons.

I don't see why there needs to be a day night cycle. Why not remove it and have a choice to enter the plains night or day? If this hurt the "realism" for some just pretend you entered stasis of went to sleep for a bit. As said, at least make days = nights so you don't have to wait a longer period. If its realism (if there is such a contextual thing) then season would dictate in winter nights will be longer than days. If the argument arr but the moon went into the void, then the axis of earth would be random and would spin chaotically.

As someone else said real time clock cycles in games is just bad. You could add daytime eidolons or allow them to be summon-able with their shards but in the day you wont get them refunded. So many ways you could go with this. Would this contradict the lore? No idea.   

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I think the cores and the daytime summons are probably the easiest and best overall solutions to this that wouldn't take nearly as much effort.

Cores would simply trade for their rep amount, meaning intact would be 100, exceptional would be 500, and flawless would be 1200. That way the 25000 from even the brilliant shard is still a much more lucrative way of going about it, but if time permits you can't fight the eidolons, then you still have a way of getting focus without being forced into doing stealth adaro runs or whatever.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, AegixDrakan said:

Maybe they could make it so that if you want to fight Eidolons during the day you can jump through some hoops first?  Like, activate + defend a bunch of nodes that spawn a giant stormcloud that allows the Eidolon to come out for a certain amount of time?

Like...Something that keeps night-time as prime Eidolon hunting season, but allows you to still fight the boss in day cycles if that's the only time you can be on, or if you REALLY want to just grind eidolons and don't mind doing a 10-15 minute set of objectives to get to the fight.

I think this is a perfect idea, have it so there's 4 outpost type spots where you can sacrifice say 2 intact cores at each and them defend it for a minute and then sacrifice a single normal shard at the shrine to summon one, and then have it extend if you cap it and summon the next one. But then so it's not too broken, have this make it so you can't take part in the hunts the next night cycle. Have onkko say "the eidolon senses your approach and hides in fear of you, you must wait until the dawning of a new day before it will rise once more"

Well, DE has said that limiting the times' players can do certain content (in this case Eidolons) is one of the things they have learned from Plains of Eidolon that they are going to try to not do in the Venus map, hence why they are not adding in a day/night cycle. As for totally revamping the way the Eidolons come out, I think, as annoying as it can be, it's fine as is. It's not that much different than the day/night cycles that the Earth planet node has for people trying to do the Titania quest and need to scan the flowers that appear at either only day or night, sure it gets annoying, but at least DE has admitted that they have learned from it, and plan to avoid these kind of restraints in future updates.