The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

Honestly, I'm pretty worried about the gamemode. I feel like it'll be Nidus all over again. Like, the Khora parts will most likely have, like, a 10% chance of dropping on rotation C, it'll be a pain to grind because of the RNG, and the other rewards won't be worth it. And no, I don't consider the new mods to be worth doing the gamemode. And when everyone gets Khora, the new gamemode will be pretty much dead. DE should make the other rewards good so there's a reason to do it.

They stated clear as day, that Khora and the Peculiars are not the only rewards there. New/exclusive mods will also be given as rewards. 

Not to mention the weekly challenges which might give different rewards everytime. 

Edited by aligatorno

9 minutes ago, rune_me said:

An enemy sprouting flowers no more or less changes your perception of the game than a frame with butterfly wings or a kavat with a hat (<-- which rimes). Both are something you don't have to do yourself, but you do have to look at it if other people decide to do it.

And you missed my point: I already think that Warframe is a cartoon joke. That's what I love about the game.

I didn't miss your point. 

There is a huge difference between somebody dressing up and enemies running around with stars around their heads because they got hurt.  

So it completely changes perception...but more importantly...it entirely changes the reality of the game universe. 

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.

Nidus grind was fine and even fun if you weren't trying to farm Nidus.

I got the parts accidentally in order to farm for the Jordas Verdict oxygen thing bp. 

I routinely do it with my friends in order to max a lvl15 or so frame, thought you have to do it on the map without the huge console in the room.

My only complaint would be that the electric dual stats should drop here as well, replacing metal auger and stretch on rot c.

4 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Then your definition and opinion of cartoonish is very bewildering. You expect an adult game, but complain when there's a gun firing flowers, but don't go off on any of the above listed stuff...

I think I understand now, those just seem normal to you because its been around long enough. Give these new mods time then, you'll grow to just accept them like everything else I guess. 

None of the above listed stuff is cartoonish. They exist in reality. People dress up. People accessorize. People behave in funny ways. This has been and always will be a part of any culture. 

Enemies running around with stars around their heads is cartoonish because it surpasses any given reality except the reality of a cartoon. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

There is a huge difference between somebody dressing up and enemies running around with stars around their heads because they got hurt. 

Just your opinion. My opinion is, it's exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

So it completely changes perception...but more importantly...it entirely changes the reality of the game universe. 

I have no problem with that. I am not even remotely invested in the "reality of the game universe" so I love that they will change it at a whim (like they do every holiday, or when they introduced Clem, and all the other times they did it). As long as they keep the core game play, let me shoot grineer and bullet jump across a level, I'm fine.

Enemies running around with stars around their heads is cartoonish because it surpasses any given reality except the reality of a cartoon. 

Sorry that makes no sense to me. What about creating a snow globe? Shooting fire from your hands? What is Kuva? How do you grow a mammal from a hatched egg? How do you craft an EMP device from something called an Omega Isotope? Face it, the given reality of Warframe is whatever silly thing DE says it is to introduce something they want in the game. These mods are no different than anything else.

18 hours ago, Raspberry said:

I can appreciate their addition to the game if they fill a role similar to the John Prodman poster. It's something players with topped up equipment can go to pretty unnecessary lengths to acquire, and unlike with the Prodman poster which needs an orbiter visit to show, we can more easily show off our achievements and milestones through peculiar mods in actual gameplay. Although it's ultimately trivial, it's hopefully enough to add a little fun into the middle of a grindfest. Plus, it's not like an extensive amount of time was spent on making these since their stats and effects don't alter the balance of the game, so I'm not gonna be one of those guys who just pout, "why bother making them when Khora's not even out yet?!" I'm looking forward to them.

Yo dude DE just merged a bunch of different threads into yours

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Just your opinion. My opinion is, it's exactly the same.

I have no problem with that. I am not even remotely invested in the "reality of the game universe" so I love that they will change it at a whim (like they do every holiday, or when they introduced Clem, and all the other times they did it). As long as they keep the core game play, let me shoot grineer and bullet jump across a level, I'm fine.

Yes, I know that that is your opinion. You are fine to have that opinion. But your opinion is factually wrong since there is a huge difference between them. One fits into a reality paradigm and the other does not. 

I do have a problem with that. And as long as I am not forced to experience your bad taste on my computer screen you can have all the stars and flower spouting enemies your heart desires and you won't hear a word from me. But since that isn't the case and I am forced to witness these mods S#&amp;&#036;ting all over the reason why I play warframe and not Princess Peaches Magical Island or some such game.. I will speak out against it. 

None of the above listed stuff is cartoonish. They exist in reality. People dress up. People accessorize. People behave in funny ways. This has been and always will be a part of any culture. 

I've seen you use the "stars over their head" argument many times, but did they ever state a mod would do that? 

Also, Ivara's sleep arrow does just that, little stars twinkle pouring around their head when they're put to sleep. 

But since you can't see the similarities of someone using a Titania flying around with a candy cane scythe killing enemies with majestic butterflies as their elf hat wielding kavat gives them buffs...you might have to reevaluate your arguement. There's plenty of cartoony, "lore breaking" cosmetics and other stuff in this game, you're just blinded by those stars over your head XD

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

They don't want you to be a full strength with these mods. The whole point is you are not going to go into a serious mission with these, but to go fool around or have to challenge yourself but look silly.

It's only a wasted mod slot if you value absolute power over enjoying the game.

So your reasoning is that becuase these mods are jokes to fool around its okay to waste development time or throw out other important mods from your builds?

Im sorry but if i want to fool around i go back to Team fortress 2 and create a conga line.

What kind of enjoyment you could seriously get from turning enemy corpes into a flowerfield? I get that fashionframe is endgame but this thing does not offer anything valuable and comes with a cost what most of the playerbase wont gonna pay.

Now if they would come with their own slots the problem would not be that bad but it still comes with a question as why these things are okay and acceptable when the bunny ear fashion is not? Both of them are equally silly.

Just now, aligatorno said:

They did, but it didn't work in the dev build. It makes them appear on impact procs.

And that is somehow ruining the game experience for someone, despite the countless other "cartoony" stuff all around them. I guess stars and flowers are their phobia or something.

Yes, I know that that is your opinion. You are fine to have that opinion. But your opinion is factually wrong since there is a huge difference between them. One fits into a reality paradigm and the other does not. 

Both fits fine into the "reality paradigm" (<-- fancy word warning) of Warframe.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

I do have a problem with that. And as long as I am not forced to experience your bad taste on my computer screen you can have all the stars and flower spouting enemies your heart desires and you won't hear a word from me. But since that isn't the case and I am forced to witness these mods S#&amp;&#036;ting all over the reason why I play warframe and not Princess Peaches Magical Island or some such game.. I will speak out against it. 

You can speak out against all you want. That's what the forums are for. You are however forced to experience it. I will most certainly be using these mods and so will a lot of other players, and you will have to look at their effects, just as you will have to look at my kavats hat. 

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

And that is somehow ruining the game experience for someone, despite the countless other "cartoony" stuff all around them. I guess stars and flowers are their phobia or something.

I can't understand them myself. Some people are just too into seriousness / edgyness that when they see something like these they forsee the end of everything there is. 

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Both fits fine into the "reality paradigm" (<-- fancy word warning) of Warframe.

You can speak out against all you want. That's what the forums are for. You are however forced to experience it. I will most certainly be using these mods and so will a lot of other players, and you will have to look at their effects, just as you will have to look at my kavats hat. 

They don't in fact fit into it. 

I am indeed forced to experience that BS. Which is why I will speak out against it. And when it bothers me enough, me and other players, will probably shelve the game. 

8 hours ago, JalakBali said:

All those paragraphs and somehow I missed what you actually want as a reward for end game content. Like, what is it.

If you read it youd know rewards werent a part of my argument. All the peculiar posts have peciliarly been lumped into one peculiar forum thread. The post was about the mistreatment of the veteran community. Some of us wanted rebalance, this isnt it.

I can already tell half my drops will be wasted by pec mods and later by khora pieces once i earn them. But if your dumb butt was patient enough to read not 6 posts later the discussion of rewards starts.

Edited by Gandergear

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

I am indeed forced to experience that BS. Which is why I will speak out against it. And when it bothers me enough, me and other players, will probably shelve the game. 

I don't think you should speak for "other" players. I'm sure they have a voice and opinions of their own.

And I think the rest of us will probably survive if you leave the game because a new visual effect bothered you. It'll be rough, but somehow we will manage.

EDIT: Just to not be a hypocrite, let me rephrase the above sentence:

And I think I will probably survive if you leave the game ... It'll be rough, but somehow I will manage.

Edited by rune_me

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

They don't in fact fit into it. 

No one is stopping you from leaving. 

4 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

The problem is that you have a very different interpretation of what is and what isn't cartoony. 

So I will repeat again: wings, hats, fake mustaches are accessories that exist within reality. Stars around people's heads do not exist within reality.

The stars you mistakenly refer to as "being the same" is you confusing game play indicators with actually visuals inside the world.  

I like to use my saved Valentine's arrows randomly throughout the year.

Every time I use them, someone in the pug starts crying about their immersion being ruined... Actually, the never happens. Warframe is effects vomit and no one notices anything but their own floating numbers.