Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

vor 18 Minuten schrieb rune_me:

What is this then:

That is you defining what a mod is or isn't.

You don't get to do that. As with corrupted mods, I don't get to do that. Only the game developers can define what is what in their game. And they have clearly defined that these a mods and they fit within their definition of what a mod is.

Everything else is just opinion.

I would have to disagree there. A so called Mod(ifier) does have a definition and u can for sure look it up.

As for the developers having the right to define what is what in their game i will agree with you. However, this mod wouldnt do anything, except cosmetic effects.

Can you give me a reason to not give this mod a own slot which is purely cosmetic. Dont tell me its being implemented to make it more challenging because it clearly doesnt. 

They havent done it in the past and they shouldnt do it now, its wasting time on their part, which they could clearly spend on new contend and/or fixes.

The Bullet jump mods are a great example actually, there may be some players using them, but only because they dont know what to put in. However, this wont be the same with peculiar mods. They will be dead as soon as everyone is done trying them out for one or two missions. So why not give them actual stats or a seperate slot, it doesnt hurt you. People that want to use them because they think they're cool and/or fun to use still can, and even other players might consider it. 

As they are now, they dont belong to a normal mod slot, it doesnt make sense it most importantly, it is a massive waste of time.

27 minutes ago, Synpai said:

@--Q--Phanini

Better to agree to disagree.

You're both offering your opinion, but just happen to be missing each other's point. Doesn't invalidate either.

It's a cosmetic mod (both), let's just stick to feedback; there is validity in both sides.

I know that it means nothing until I feel the mods firsthand, but I have a question pounding in my head:
How many people currently use the bullet jump mods?

I can't remember the last time I've seen or used one. I enjoy the way they look and they have a pretty decent bonus to mobility.

To me these peculiar mods rehash the problem arcane helmets and arcane enhancements have/had (really hate history repeating), such that players are again being forced to make a choice between appearance and power... which DE have said they don't want far too many times to keep doing it.

I'm fine if I'm handicapped by a modifier to add "challenge," but not if I'm handicapped in order to add some flair. 

Opinions opinions opinions 

I guess I get too fired up, this game certainly isn't short on passion

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Look at you being all diplomatic :crylaugh:

You are right of course. 

Let me also just point out, that I am not at all advocating that these new effects absolutely have to be mods. As I said earlier, I would have no problem at all with them having their own unique slot. It's just that I also have no problem with them being mods and taking up a mod slot. I guess I just don't see what all the fuss is about. There seem to be a lot of strong feelings about something so ultimately unimportant.

you and I will enjoy these mods regardless of how they ship, thats not opinion, thats a fact :)

54 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Look at you being all diplomatic :crylaugh:

You are right of course. 

Let me also just point out, that I am not at all advocating that these new effects absolutely have to be mods. As I said earlier, I would have no problem at all with them having their own unique slot. It's just that I also have no problem with them being mods and taking up a mod slot. I guess I just don't see what all the fuss is about. There seem to be a lot of strong feelings about something so ultimately unimportant.

I think it's how Steve or Geoff might scream "why are you showing this" when something isn't properly lighted.

That thing that may not ultimately have any affect on anyone, could still be improved or matter intensely to another. 

I understand where you're coming from completely, just be sure to let players express their feelings (civilly) though you may not understand [Synpai Says] ;).

As players that enjoy the game and have supported it so long it can start to feel like being trapped in a bad relationship when certain things keep happening and you feel like you're not being heard.

They did say specifically that this was aimed to show how big and bad one is by sacrificing a mod slot...and the only players able to really do that are Vets of some kind but it's also apart of the drop table, so one way or another you're gonna have to deal with it and although some will have their fun with it, some will not, but it's possible for both to be happy (Speaking of....I'm not sure why they don't basically give us a choice between rewards :clem:?).

Not to mention, Rebecca referenced "The Bane" in Borderlands 2, but she just threw out the other half of the game.

Unique "Peculiar" weapons in borderlands....are still weapons...

They scale with level and they have their effects for a REASON (They're not JUST cosmetic).

The Bane (From the BL2 Wiki)

"Greatly increased damage, increased magazine size, greatly decreased initial accuracy. Unique voice module. While equipped, movement speed is greatly

The fact that the weapon happens to make goofy noises and slows the player to a crawl, is counteracted by crazy damage, magazine size and accuracy. 

@--Q--Phanini @rune_me   I love me a happy ending :D

what is too bad is there is no special slot for these mods....

I think it would be neat to have a special slot for them added to everything.

That would definitely set apart veterans.

They could even have some requirement like some higher Mastery or some specific missions to have been done.

Then to add weight to the concept....the player would need a few items to activate the slot on each item.

But go figure....maybe in the future this will happen....never can tell what will happen.  But I do know that what ever happens will be interesting and fun.  

Regarding being a dud in the rewards table. If peculiars could be trashed for a lot of endo would make it less of a null reward for anyone that doesn't want to use them. I realize endo isn't what a lot of people are after from a high end reward table but it's better then what can effectivly equal nothing.

The complaint that they take up a mod slot seems pointless. If you are doing content where you actully care about your build just don't use a cosmetic mod for it.

Surely not having a special slot for these is more of a mark of being a powerful player - not only have you gone to some length to obtain the thing, you are also confident enough in your build and ability to be able to say "hey, I can manage just fine with (metaphorically) one hand tied behind my back!" :satisfied: