Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Dispositions

(PSN)CannaWhoopazz13

Completely agree, especially since the meta has shifted dramatically since the weapon rework. If their intention was to favor the less popular weapons with disposition, then it does need to be altered eventually.

Of course, the popularity of a weapon BECAUSE of a riven needs to be taken into account as well (AKA, Vectis, Scoliac, Lanka, etc.)

I hope they remove Riven disposition and just give them all a 1.0 disposition.

Making all rivens "equal" across the board. 

When they finally do "balance" out the current dispositions, i think there will be a lot of people complaining about spending "x amount of plat" on a single mod.

10 hours ago, Krhymez said:

When they finally do "balance" out the current dispositions, i think there will be a lot of people complaining about spending "x amount of plat" on a single mod.

This is precisely why Rivens were a mistake.

Making an item market tradeable is a form of monetization(the platinum being exchanged comes from somewhere), and altering monetized content is a VERY volatile thing to do, especially given that Riven mods are some of the highest platinum value items in the game(singular mods with good rolls can go for over 1000p).

13 hours ago, Krhymez said:

That's why I think they shouldn't touch existing rivens, just new rolls for rivens.  That way, pre-update rivens still have the same stats as before the update unless you reroll it.  Post-update rivens get stats with the new disposition.  

50 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

That's why I think they shouldn't touch existing rivens, just new rolls for rivens.  That way, pre-update rivens still have the same stats as before the update unless you reroll it.  Post-update rivens get stats with the new disposition.  

The flip side of that is your 1.5k riven now jumps up to a 5k riven because of supply vs demand.

There will be no new rivens that can rival the old stats.

That opens a whole new can of worms.

I say this as a owner of quite a few such rivens.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)INe Saninus said:

The flip side of that is your 1.5k riven now jumps up to a 5k riven because of supply vs demand.

There will be no new rivens that can rival the old stats.

That opens a whole new can of worms.

I say this as a owner of quite a few such rivens.

That makes it all the better of an investment!  Adds a new layer to riven trading. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

That makes it all the better of an investment!  Adds a new layer to riven trading. 

Warframe is bad enough without garbage ideas like this.

Balance being optional(augments and rivens) is already bad enough without it also having a legacy bypass.

A couple have been updated. I believe the AkLex ones have taken a hit.

But you are correct that they have almost never been updated.

Personally I'd like to see riven disposition switched to something like Riven MR - Weapon MR. Would give a purpose to that useless MR stat on rivens, would make it easy to tell if a weapon "takes rivens well" at a glance without the wiki (or having a riven for it in the first place), would make it easier for a more dynamic by-weapon-equipped-on scaling, and would make them do the main thing DE wanted them to do when they were added- breathe life into weaker weapons.

Riven MR caps at 16 atm, which is a good "level" for our current weapons content. Keeping the Riven MR cap at 1 higher (max 30) than the highest weapon MR would be my suggestion should this change be implemented.

Ripping off the bandaid is gonna hurt, DE, but at some point you're gonna have to do it.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

1 hour ago, Naqel said:

Warframe is bad enough without garbage ideas like this.

Well, that's awfully rude of you.  If you don't like my ideas that's fine, just say so civilly.  

If they rebalanced dispositions often enough, maybe based on average usage over a month or two, there wouldn't be a huge number of god-rolls out there.  Yes, there would be some imbalance for the people who have a great roll when it was a 5/5, and now it's 3/5, but this game is very imbalanced already!  Nobody cares about Primed Chamber's imbalance because it's so rare.  So are truely godly rolls on 5/5 disposition weapons, because NORMALLY those weapons are poopy anyway.  A few exceptions, like Tiberon Prime and Sicarus Prime exist, but for the most part they're very unused.  

If you got an awesome roll when the weapon was 5/5, and now it's 3/5 that's good for you!  I'm jealous of you, but how does it impact MY game play?  This is a cooperative game, so you're power is my power so at the end of the day I'm happy you have it as long as you're not just rubbing it in my face.  And, since that weapon went from 5/5 to 3/5, it should be replaced with another weapon in the 5/5 spot that previously wasn't, opening up a whole new weapon to drop super powerful riven rolls! 

4 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

"shouldn't" but when disposition changes they will.

If a riven goes from 5/5 to 2/5  it will loss a lot of stats. 

1 minute ago, Krhymez said:

"shouldn't" but when disposition changes they will.

If a riven goes from 5/5 to 2/5  it will loss a lot of stats. 

Yes, currently when they rebalanced in the past (I looked at the rebalance of aklex) the stats did change.  But if DE rebalanced dispositions more often, a jump from 5/5 to 2/5 should never happen, unless they release a primed version like Tiberon Prime.  If they rebalance often enough, dispositions should only move one disposition at a time.  When they wait too long, like they are with Sicarus Prime and Tiberon Prime, then a large number of people get awesome rivens for those weapons at an unbalanced disposition and result in an artificially high usage.  If those two were where they should be, either 3/5 or 2/5, normally "decent" riven rolls (rolls with only 1 "mandatory" stat bonus) wouldn't be making them so strong and people wouldn't be flocking to them as much as they are. 

Here's the Deal: Rivens have not had their Re-Disposition sweep yet, but I think that's due to a number of different things and major Projects on DE's side. For one, PoE, not to mention The Sacrifice, and projects like Khora. I do believe another reason was the Weapon Rework as well. I mean, why change Dispositions RIGHT after you fixed Beam Weapon's Status? Maybe wait a sec to get new and more informed Player Usage Stats.

In the end though, De hasn't been very vocal about the reasons behind its delay, only that the Re-Disposition WILL happen, and keep happening over some period of time afterwards.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

they never got updated since their introduction almost 2 years ago

On 4/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, Dreamforger said:

That is just not true..

Hotfix 19.8.1

• Aklex Riven Disposition has been changed from Strong to Neutral.

10 hours ago, sixmille said:

-snip- That's why rivens disposition updates should be automated.

27 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Here's the Deal: Rivens have not had their Re-Disposition sweep yet, -snip-

DE actually has updated quite a few of the dispositions, they just don't include them in the update notes.  There's a spread sheet on the wiki that lists them.  You can find it at the bottom of the Riven page, or click here!

I was wrong when I said they never update them.  DE does need to update more often, and they also need to tell us about them, but that's life.  They have updated dispositions.

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

Am 16.4.2018 um 02:07 schrieb Krhymez:

I never spend any plat on rivens, but I'd be seriously pissed about all the time I lost when my hard earned kuva I spend for rerolls gets flushed down the toilet. Now I never was one of those hardcore Kuva-collectors because I simply couldn't bring myself to collect the chips for a slotmachine, from the same boring siphon mechanic a hundred times over. I mean Kuva for rerolling, gambling's just for EA ofc. But it was still hours of my time which would be completly invalidated if they decide to lower disposition to a point where I can no longer use the mods. Which is especially a problem for me when I see the statements DE made about not being able to change other mechanics (broken Hema farming) because the player's time investment was soooo valuable to them.

5 hours ago, W3zeer said:

I never spend any plat on rivens, but I'd be seriously pissed about all the time I lost when my hard earned kuva I spend for rerolls gets flushed down the toilet.

Your god roll Rivens aren't suddenly no longer god-rolled, they're just god-rolled at a lower disposition. They are worth exactly the same in plat/time/kuva, they're just lower impact due to the overall power of the weapon they're meant for.

Replace "Riven Disposition" with a "Riven Multiplier", standardize the mod stats to use the same range of values, and suddenly nobody complains.
It's another case of DE half-assing things, and I bet it'd be a lot easier to swallow if the numbers on the mod itself didn't change.

Then again, warframe community in general ranks very low in terms of maturity or understanding of game design: most people only care about their numbers, not really about what those numbers do to the game at large.

Edited by Naqel

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Naqel:

Your god roll Rivens aren't suddenly no longer god-rolled, they're just god-rolled at a lower disposition. They are worth exactly the same in plat/time/kuva, they're just lower impact due to the overall power of the weapon they're meant for.

I'd like to agree with you, but the problem is that some weapons wont be interesting anymore when their rivens get weakened. A "god-roll" on a weak mod means the bonus is too small to have an impact. If a shotgun can't reach 100% status anymore, a status build becomes a dumb thing to go for f.e and thus having your Riven rolled for the extra points needed and your weapon formaed for that goal becomes wasted effort. And rivens are not balanced on the basis of the weapons strength, but purly on weapon usage (leading to a lot of curious results), meaning it is entirely possible that a weapon that was made viable purley because of strong rivens becomes trash-tier when that changes and then in turn leads to the riven mod itself being a wasted slot. Saying that would not impact plat prices is plain wrong, sorry to say that, but noone will buy a riven that does not have a significant impact on the weapons performance.

It's almost as if Rivens were a mistake and monetizing them was an even bigger one.

I mean, however else could they have addressed the balance issues, if not by introducing garbage mods that introduce more problems than they solve?