Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Riven Disposition Calculated?

Lawmonark

So i am a little confused how Riven Disposition is calculated.

From the wiki it says: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

"The randomized attributes for Riven mods are affected by Disposition, a modifier provided by the system that collates the usage popularity of a given weapon across the entire player base."

Here are all the changes that have happened so far:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tY2kYC8eiFq1STC1gYrSgWe6S3O9iKu2LHr4-pN5MTY/edit#gid=1133202225

I heard from few people that it is also calculated based on based stats... but i have not found documentation on this anywhere. Can someone enlighten me on the mechanics?

Edited by Krhymez

It was initially based on usage and stats. Now it's more on stats since, there is now way they can accurately predict the usage for new weapons and they have the older weapons as a basis. 

The main thing that affects the disposition is, how the weapon performs compared to weapons in the same category. 

Riven disposition is based upon a weapons popularity and use. The more powerful a weapon is the more use it will see therefore so the weapon doesn't become so OP a popular weapons disposition will be lower. Disposition will then affect a rivens stats. The lower the disposition the lower the stats. 

You can see this most recently with the tiberon prime. Currently its a really popular weapon and very good and because of its disposition the rivens are selling for a lot. But once they do the next disposition update it will likely drop to about 2 or 3 meaning the stats for all rivens will also be reduced. Hope this helps 

I like all the assumptions and just bashing on DE, when there's literally a spreadsheet link right on wiki with all the disposition changes. Sure its not live balancing(which would be ideal), but its still almost every patch. And saying DE scared to change something because of the backlash... list is way too long, lets say of most recent things ember and trials said hello.

All your tiberon rivens will be nerfed, DE just taking their time to accurately pinpoint popularity of the weapon and not just nerf it to 0.5 disposition 5 days after weapon's release.

Edited by Sormaran

il y a 6 minutes, Nompii a dit :

Id say the disposition should move accordingly to their original plans so the meta is never the same, and so we could some day see outstanding performance from all weapons.

Yeah sure, if you have the luck to get a riven, then the luck to get the riven for the weapon you want, then the luck for good stats, then the luck for good stats values and not a too harsh negative stat.

And even then, you can only have rivens for a tiny % of the weapons in the game.

7 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

All your tiberon rivens will be nerfed, DE just taking their time to accurately pinpoint popularity of the weapon and not just nerf it to 0.5 disposition 5 days after weapon's release.

Oh, you mean like the Sicarus disposition was nerfed? Yeah, it's only been 3 years and still nothing has happened. Sure, wake me up when they change it for Tiberon in what? Five years? Six?

Edited by rune_me

26 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

It was initially based on usage and stats. Now it's more on stats since, there is now way they can accurately predict the usage for new weapons and they have the older weapons as a basis. 

The main thing that affects the disposition is, how the weapon performs compared to weapons in the same category. 

Where is the info of it being based on stats?

6 hours ago, Krhymez said:

So i am a little confused how Riven Disposition is calculated.

From the wiki it says: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

"The randomized attributes for Riven mods are affected by Disposition, a modifier provided by the system that collates the usage popularity of a given weapon across the entire player base."

Since they were released i can only remember the Aklex disposition getting adjusted.

"If a weapon's disposition is changed , the attributes on already unveiled rivens for the weapon will be automatically adjusted to match the new disposition. e.g. AkLex disposition reduced from 5 to 3"

I heard from few people that it is also calculated based on based stats... but i have not found documentation on this anywhere. Can someone enlighten me on the mechanics?

I believe disposition is calculated by OVERALL most used weapon. Which causes a ton of problems especially for people who have left the community as a whole leaving their mark on the disposition.

When the akbolto prime was released the disposition of the akbolto was reduced; however when the tiberon prime was released its dispshion was untouched. I see vastly more players using tiberon than akboltos, and the weapon stats reflect that the tiberon is very powerful and isn't in need of a strong riven, however much we like it having one... atchley all is fine don't tell DE.

15 hours ago, Sormaran said:

I like all the assumptions and just bashing on DE, when there's literally a spreadsheet link right on wiki with all the disposition changes. Sure its not live balancing(which would be ideal), but its still almost every patch. And saying DE scared to change something because of the backlash... list is way too long, lets say of most recent things ember and trials said hello.

Oh, you're right!  There have been more changes than I thought, thank you for bringing this to my attention!  Evidently they never draw attention to it in patch notes.