Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing shooting

LAWD

Hi, so i went into that argon crystal alert, exterminate, and surprisingly it was archiwng

Now, when i was trying to kill the enemies, who move around so much, and the fire rte of my Grattler, i couldn't land a single hit.

I was thinking, why don't we have the feature of our primary archwing weapon to lock onto enemies, where the cursor just locks onto whats the closest. 

Like a homing missile ?

Sounds like you should pick the weapon that most fits your playstyle rather than chasing what other people say is the best weapon.

The Grattler has a max range and is a physical projectile. You might have better results with the Fluctus or even the Imperator.

A homing missile feels a bit like it overlaps with Elytron's abilities, but it might make a neat weapon.

Odonata already has seeking missiles, however you should use the fluctus for its large range of destruction or the imperator for hitscan.

Grattler is only useful for killing jordas if you dont have imp vandal or velocitous

Edited by Gandergear

I always take the Grattler with my Elytron for maximum carnage.

I've never been outdone for damage in any setting whatsoever when I use that setup. It's so damn easy to just turn off my brain and spam 4 and left click. 

hace 13 horas, LAWD dijo:

Hi, so i went into that argon crystal alert, exterminate, and surprisingly it was archiwng

Now, when i was trying to kill the enemies, who move around so much, and the fire rte of my Grattler, i couldn't land a single hit.

I was thinking, why don't we have the feature of our primary archwing weapon to lock onto enemies, where the cursor just locks onto whats the closest. 

Like a homing missile ?

So you can't fire at a barn with a shotgun from 2 meters away and your solution is to have automatically guided shrapnel/iron sights ...have you been playing cs:go/cod/PUBG/fortnight/[insert another if you want here] with cheats ;)? ... com on tell i won't tell any one i promise ! :D

Your idea is bad and you should feel worse for even suggesting something like this where it would make a basic mechanic of the game(aiming) trivial ...

Edited by kaotis

@Kaotis - "Your idea is bad and you should feel worse for even suggesting"  Pure rude, also wrong - be respectful, Tenno!

Having target lock could be a good thing if well implemented. When we get our NEXT Archwing, maybe it has a target lock ability, as opposed to a homing missile ability, which assists in targeting for AW weapons and other abilities for a duration.  I think its a good AW concept.

Edited by Canach

Target-Lock Archwing Concept - the Peregrine

The Peregrine Archwing is the Sharpshooter's choice for sniping at distance or clearing crowds quickly. Stats are similar to the Odonata, but with slight reductions to Health and Shields in exchange for an Energy regeneration rate of .6/s.

Ability One is Target Lock, which is affected by Duration and Range Mods. The base duration is 8s and the base range is 750m. While active, all detected targets within range in a 60 degree cone are HUD circled. For the duration of the ability, any hitscan shots fired which hit within the HUD circle will hit the target. Projectile-time shots will not benefit directly from hitting the circles, as target-leading may be required. Instead, projectile-time shots fired during the ability duration will benefit from an accuracy improvement of +40. (circle size would be a development judgement call)

Ability Two is Threat Assessment, which is an augment for the first ability. Threat Assessment can be toggled on or off at any time, but is only active and only has cost while Target Lock is running. Threat assessment adds alert arrows to the borders of the cone if enemies outside the targeting cone are closer, and also adds a second circle around high-threat targets such as eximus units or enemies with more hit points.

Ability Three is Chaff Cloud. Chaff cloud is vented behind the ship in a 90 degree cone for a duration of 4s. It greatly diminishes enemy fire and projectiles and slows pursuing ships by 50% for the duration, which can be modified by Duration mods.

Ability Four is Peregrine Snipe, which is affected by Strength mods. Peregrine Snipe fires a high accuracy hit-scan charge-shot. Damage scales from a tap to a full charge (1s), as does energy cost. At max rank, a full-charge shot does damage comparable to a L30 Velocitus.

Anyway, wanted to give an example concept - just for giggles. It would need the usual tweaks to be useful, but not overpowered, but I think it would fill a tactical niche without overshadowing the Itzel, Elytron, or Amesha for their distinct tactical purposes. This target lock does not function the same way as the original post suggested, but I just liked this target-assist method better...

Any thoughts?

hace 2 horas, Canach dijo:

@Kaotis - "Your idea is bad and you should feel worse for even suggesting"  Pure rude, also wrong - be respectful, Tenno!

Having target lock could be a good thing if well implemented. When we get our NEXT Archwing, maybe it has a target lock ability, as opposed to a homing missile ability, which assists in targeting for AW weapons and other abilities for a duration.  I think its a good AW concept.

Rude? Well excuse me for wanting a shooter be a shooter and not an kid arcade where you pres the fire key and you get shiny points ... An ability is one thing a permanent feature is a different thing

17 hours ago, kaotis said:

Rude? Well excuse me for wanting a shooter be a shooter and not an kid arcade where you pres the fire key and you get shiny points ... An ability is one thing a permanent feature is a different thing

dude, its just a suggestion, will it be implemented the next day when i post it?

hace 12 horas, LAWD dijo:

dude, its just a suggestion, will it be implemented the next day when i post it?

ofc not, because as i stated before, it's bad at a different level that it even makes me lose faith in humanity... if something is hard for you then it should be changed? This world does not spin around you.

A lockon mechanic in Archwing would allow us to focus more on the flight mechanics. Perform more complex aerial manoeuvres and actually add an element of evasion and dogfight mechanics.

This isnt about a free auto aim its about having your movement controls given an extra layer of complexity as theres no real way to manoeuvre while shooting in archwing as the controls movements are locked to the mouse. Leaving it limited to just twitch shots.

I learnt first hand in games like Descent+ Freespace, Robotech, Total Air War, Gundam VS, starfox, Legend of Zelda aswell as many others. The fun in these flight systems is more on evasion than relying on shooting over the shoulder.

hace 8 horas, CarrotSalad dijo:

A lockon mechanic in Archwing would allow us to focus more on the flight mechanics. Perform more complex aerial manoeuvres and actually add an element of evasion and dogfight mechanics.

This isnt about a free auto aim its about having your movement controls given an extra layer of complexity as theres no real way to manoeuvre while shooting in archwing as the controls movements are locked to the mouse. Leaving it limited to just twitch shots.

I learnt first hand in games like Descent+ Freespace, Robotech, Total Air War, Gundam VS, starfox, Legend of Zelda aswell as many others. The fun in these flight systems is more on evasion than relying on shooting over the shoulder.

For starters none of the ones you stated are FPS , secondly it's been a while since i played Descent or freespace but i don't remember lock on mechanic for your weapons with the exception to rockets which is the natural thing for a fighter/batleship thing same thing for total air war but remember for most cases you had to point at your target for X seconds before you could launch, if you are referring to highlight enemy in order to distinguish them from the background (not so hard with thous colors tbh but ok) the OP didn't want that, here's a refresher :

En 19/4/2018 a las 20:44, LAWD dijo:

about starfox it is a Rail Shorter  (which is what i asume you guys want archwing to be in your ideal world).

An example that comes to mind for a FPS is "Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter " (i'm sure there are a few more ) that had target lock on after you hit 1 shot at least but if i'm not mistaken it was mostly for the console versions.

"This isnt about a free auto aim" excuse me but did we read the same OP ? Because i'm pretty sure he wants an aim-bot like on his PUBG/CS  career before he got most likely "unfairly" banned as per his statement of "...the cursor just locks onto whats the closest".<--- take note on the word just like it's the most natural thing for him for his cursor to automatically aim ;)

Please read before assuming things based on factor [fell free to put here any you so wish]. 

hace 4 horas, KochDerFrettchen dijo:

Lock-ons for Archwing would do wonders for the sickening disorientation that can be felt going into 3D flying environment,

Lock-ons for enemies that would basically highlight them isn't what the OP was about , if you didn't read all his 4 lines of text let me remind you : he wants an aim-bot for his primary weapon that will shoot nearest target to his cursor when he wants to fire. And imagine you barely want to distinguish up from down after spinning around then when you fire and your camera moves in a 45º angle to target nearest your nearest enemy that will be worse for your disorientation than anything else.

Edited by kaotis

1 hour ago, kaotis said:

Lock-ons for enemies that would basically highlight them isn't what the OP was about , if you didn't read all his 4 lines of text let me remind you : he wants an aim-bot for his primary weapon that will shoot nearest target to his cursor when he wants to fire. And imagine you barely want to distinguish up from down after spinning around then when you fire and your camera moves in a 45º angle to target nearest your nearest enemy that will be worse for your disorientation than anything else.

It could easily be read either way.  He does specifically say locking your cursor onto, which could be read as operating the same way lock-on in Dark Souls or a variety of space/mech shooters operates.  Even if the OP is asking for what amounts to autoaim, I(as in me) would like to see a snap lock so that one could cycle through nearby targets to help keep screen orientation in check.

11 hours ago, kaotis said:

ofc not, because as i stated before, it's bad at a different level that it even makes me lose faith in humanity... if something is hard for you then it should be changed? This world does not spin around you.

i pretty much just said the exact same thing before

44 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

It could easily be read either way.  He does specifically say locking your cursor onto, which could be read as operating the same way lock-on in Dark Souls or a variety of space/mech shooters operates.  Even if the OP is asking for what amounts to autoaim, I(as in me) would like to see a snap lock so that one could cycle through nearby targets to help keep screen orientation in check.

thats actually what i meant, snap-lock on. Not an aimbot

its hard toa im at these enemies right now, you ahve to be either really close, or have a gun with a huge hitbox