Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

yo petition to remove the "kill X enemies with a fishing spear" challenge?

Saynem

just, I have had this riven twice and by god, if it isn't one of my most hated things in this game. focus? grinding? unbalance? nothing. you don't know true pain until you try this riven challenge. there is no skill involved, no tactics, no preparation you can do. one of my favorite parts of any other riven challenge is preparing, making builds, choosing what warframes and tactics I can use to make it easier on myself. but this one is just mindless. you go out on the plains, you sit there for at least ten minuites doing nothing waiting for a wild animal to spawn, and then you throw the spear at them. that is all you can do. all you have is your aim, and you are at the complete mercy of all the stupid mechanics that come along with the spear. it's like everything is designed to fight against you. you're locked in place, it has a huge arc, it takes ages to reel back in. if you miss once, the whole group is gone. you have to repeat the cycle all over again. by the time I finished one, just one, I had already wasted two hours of my day. and two hours is far too long for whatever garbage Samodeus feels like dumping on me that day. so please, please allow some margin of error. let us move while throwing, let us throw whilst in the archwing, or, better yet, replace it entirely. this is nonsense, and would be better off dead.

umm.... how many fish did you need?  I did one that sounds like that and it said catch six.  I got it done in like ten minutes, tops?  Make some bait, and if it helps, Luminos dye to better target them.

Edited by Olianu
misread the topic.

I've had it and finished it twice too. Take Ash, Ivara or Loki and walk around the entire plains invisible with a Scanner to help see the targets and then put them to sleep so they don't run away. Equinox might work idk.

Biggest problem is not just finding them because there's hardly any wildlife around the plains but the airships too. They just happen to know where you are when you're playing solo & invisible and follow you around the entire plains gunning down the wildlife, like they have nothing better to do than shoot a deformed rabbit/rat looking thing. 

Oh, and no to this petition thing

Edited by (PS4)GexGehko
lol petitions..

2 minutes ago, Olianu said:

umm.... how many fish did you need?  I did one that sounds like that and it said catch six.  I got it done in like ten minutes, tops?  Make some bait, and if it helps, Luminos dye to better target them.

no no, it's stab birds and rats with your fishing spear, not catch fish, thats the one to be worried about

Edited by Unagi604

Just now, Unagi604 said:

no no, it's stab birds and rats with your fishing spear, not catch fish, thats the one to be worried about

Whoops.  I thought he was complaining about fishing.  Ignore my comment, carry on.

23 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Gee, it sounds like a riven Challenge alright. 

Challenging and tedium are not the same. Challenges like the aimgliding headshots is a challenge, because that's primarily skill based and there's plenty of tools to help you overcome the challenge. The one described by the OP is not a challenge, it is tedious. It doesn't require any extra degree of skill, there's very litttle preperation you can do for it, and you're left to the will of RNGesus to actually spawn any wildlife.

Riven challenges should be that: challenges. They should not be tedious for tedium sake.

36 minutes ago, Saynem said:

choosing what warframes and tactics I can use to make it easier on myself

Choose volt. He can add upto 1000 damage to the fishing spear. You can also use Nova, or banshee to increase the damage you deal to your enemies.

I actually haven't gotten this challenge. 

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Choose volt. He can add upto 1000 damage to the fishing spear. You can also use Nova, or banshee to increase the damage you deal to your enemies.

The problem isn't damage, animals are one shot by the fishing spear, the problem is finding animals. They're incredibly uncommon on the plains, and due to the mechanics of the fishing spear you usually only get to kill one in a group, maybe two if you're lucky. Again, this isn't challenging, just tedious to do.

Just now, GeoffFromAccounting said:

The problem isn't damage, animals are one shot by the fishing spear, the problem is finding animals. They're incredibly uncommon on the plains, and due to the mechanics of the fishing spear you usually only get to kill one in a group, maybe two if you're lucky. Again, this isn't challenging, just tedious to do.

Oh.. he said kill x enemies

I didn't know it was animals. Yeah, that is really annoying, specially, if they flee as soon as they notice you. I hardly notice the animals anymore. They should probably increase the density and variety of animals in the plains. Maybe add the kubrows and kavats into the mix.

9 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Oh.. he said kill x enemies

I didn't know it was animals. Yeah, that is really annoying, specially, if they flee as soon as they notice you. I hardly notice the animals anymore. They should probably increase the density and variety of animals in the plains. Maybe add the kubrows and kavats into the mix.

In the actual post they do say "wild animals," but I can see the confusion if you only read the title

I can agree with that, it would also help the plains feel a bit more alive at the same time, so it's a win for everyone

• 1 month later...
On 2018-04-20 at 11:44 AM, InDueTime-EN- said:

The dmg isn’t really the issue 

It’s finding the wildlife that is, it’s not ‘hard’ per say, you just move around, but it’s not challenging or fun either. And it’s a plains riven so ofc it’s bugged, I got this riven a while back and 4/10 of the kills I got didn’t count, the condition was to kill them unalerted which is why I brought Loki