Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Solo extraction from Onslaught until host migration issues are fixed

-BM-Mikey

In a game relying on client/host system where the host migration fails most of the time, the host shouldn't be able to leave until all other players left the mission.

Either extract all 4 at once, or wait for all clients to leave before the host is allowed to leave.

By the way we should have a switch in settings "Allow to be chosen as host", that would help players with a very bad connection.

14 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

In a game relying on client/host system where the host migration fails most of the time, the host shouldn't be able to leave until all other players left the mission.

Well, while you shouldn't be able to force the host to stay, it'd at least stay 5 seconds while the rest of the team is notified and given the option to leave on its own. If a host leaves by using Alt+F4 several times he'd get some kind of sanction.

1 hour ago, Northern_Psycho said:

Agreed, this just happened to me.

"Goodbye Kuva captura scene, goodbye braton V parts, goodbye sanity and restraints from punching walls".

I just lost my Kuva captura and Lua captura scenes I doubt I'll be doing any Onslaught until this is fixed not worth the risk anymore

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

where the host migration fails most of the time

It fails 100% of the time. Yes, now it can sometimes get you back with rewards.. or show you the migration screen forever as before. But it just amazes me. How can host migration work in every other mode and not work in this one at all. How can you achieve that from the coding point of view? 

Also, if you accidentally get sucked into the portal there's no way to go back like there used to be, so you could jump back to the host if the portal timer isn't up yet.

6 hours ago, Alangme said:

Well, while you shouldn't be able to force the host to stay, it'd at least stay 5 seconds while the rest of the team is notified and given the option to leave on its own. If a host leaves by using Alt+F4 several times he'd get some kind of sanction.

How do you detect this? Why can't I just then pull my WiFi adapter or ethernet cable? End task, even shut down the computer. Sanction people for something like that is beyond stupid.

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

How do you detect this? Why can't I just then pull my WiFi adapter or ethernet cable? End task, even shut down the computer. Sanction people for something like that is beyond stupid.

Well it's kinda true, you cant be blamed for having a bad conection for example, however what can be done is at least avoid you from being host if you disconnected way too often. Regarding how you close the game, the game'd be able to detect whether any time you leave the game no matter the method used (though as I said it'd be unable to determine if you quitted or couldn't stay connected, maybe I'd have expanded my idea when I started talking about 'sanctioning' cause it sounds more like banning or so)

3 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

... How can host migration work in every other mode ...

Pardon my ignorance (I'm on ps4) but I've never seen a successful host migration, ever (except when everyone else extracts). Would you mind humouring me, and pleae confirm that host migration during, for example, defense does work? If the host extracts, you all successfully transition into the next wave and continue unimpeded? (I'm not asking for proof, just a confirmation this is what you mean?)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)iuvenilis said:

Pardon my ignorance (I'm on ps4) but I've never seen a successful host migration, ever (except when everyone else extracts). Would you mind humouring me, and pleae confirm that host migration during, for example, defense does work? If the host extracts, you all successfully transition into the next wave and continue unimpeded? (I'm not asking for proof, just a confirmation this is what you mean?)

On PC, at least, it works flawlessly 98% of the time in the other modes. You might have an PS4 specific issue IDK. 

17 minutes ago, XxMikeyXx said:

On PC, at least, it works flawlessly 98% of the time in the other modes. You might have an PS4 specific issue IDK. 

Ah, good to know. Thanking you kindly.

Naturally I hope the issues in Onslaught can be addressed. I wonder if the extract/continue screen might help in the interim.

2 hours ago, (PS4)iuvenilis said:

If the host extracts, you all successfully transition into the next wave and continue unimpeded? (I'm not asking for proof, just a confirmation this is what you mean?)

Yes, that's how it works in all other modes, a new host is chosen and you go on. Rarely some kind of bug might surface but most of the time it works just fine. 

ive been losing connection to the game because of the host migration problem in most of the onslaught games i play now. and yes something needs to be done to cause a sm[th migration of hosts instead of constantly loseing the connection to the game your in. 

Il y a 23 heures, DarthKadra a dit :

It fails 100% of the time.

The host migrations i've experienced in Onslaught so far have more often than not resulted in the mission continuing to run as normal with no functionality loss. 

That said i agree that maybe having some kind of system to prevent the host from leaving first in optional extraction missions would be a good thing. Though how would you implement that without it translating to "host is forced to alt+f4 or abort losong everything if he wants to leave and others don't"? 

The only thing i see here that i would love to be implemented is a switch that can give you the choice of a) never host or b) always host so that people like me with a crap fest of a connection can stop imposing their latency on others. Even more so because sometimes the game thinks i just HAVE to host for some reason. 

20 hours ago, XxMikeyXx said:

By flawlessly you mean enjoying waiting 15 seconds for a migration on hydron and 45s for one in the plains

40 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

By flawlessly you mean enjoying waiting 15 seconds for a migration on hydron and 45s for one in the plains

considering how large the plains are, loading a new lobby and map for that lobby does take time yes, more than a single tile defense mission does. This is just basic logic.