Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat suspension

SageToshi

So I was speaking randomly with the bot and then when I insulted it, i got chat suspension.... 1st one in my whole warframe life .... any idea how long is it .. pls dont tell me its 1 week. and is there any method to explain that I was just kidding with the bot and that am sorry ? Please DE

11 minutes ago, SageToshi said:

So I was speaking randomly with the bot and then when I insulted it, i got chat suspension.... 1st one in my whole warframe life .... any idea how long is it .. pls dont tell me its 1 week. and is there any method to explain that I was just kidding with the bot and that am sorry ? Please DE

Why would you? Have you seen how many forum threads are generated about this very topic? Most of them centralize around "PLS NO DE I WAS JOKING!!!111" or "NO THIS IS SO UNFAIR aAAAAaaA!!!111"

It would've been a joke if it was funny.

Do have fun.

1 minute ago, Lahared said:

Why would you? Have you seen how many forum threads are generated about this very topic? Most of them centralize around "PLS NO DE I WAS JOKING!!!111" or "NO THIS IS SO UNFAIR aAAAAaaA!!!111"

It would've been a joke if it was funny.

Do have fun.

Lemme get this straight. 1st I had no idea, 2nd I was just bored and just did so. I had no idea that this happens also didnt see those forums cuz .... I rarely, if ever, access it...

3 minutes ago, SageToshi said:

Lemme get this straight. 1st I had no idea, 2nd I was just bored and just did so. I had no idea that this happens also didnt see those forums cuz .... I rarely, if ever, access it...

Please don't play the ignorance card.

Do you think it's acceptable to say something insulting to someone else, even a bot and expect no punishment what-so-ever?

Just now, Lahared said:

Please don't play the ignorance card.

Do you think it's acceptable to say something insulting to someone else, even a bot and expect no punishment what-so-ever?

Well I expect a punishment if towards SOMEONE, not a bot. Anyways, I realised my mistake and "hope" I would be forgiven from the ticket I sent.

2 minutes ago, SageToshi said:

Well I expect a punishment if towards SOMEONE, not a bot. Anyways, I realised my mistake and "hope" I would be forgiven from the ticket I sent.

Certain words, especially insults, are on the blacklist in general. It doesn't really matter who it's directed at, because it was still visible to the public. (Pro-Tip: Don't insult the bot in DMs either, it's going to end in a suspension as well)

3 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

Certain words, especially insults, are on the blacklist in general. It doesn't really matter who it's directed at, because it was still visible to the public. (Pro-Tip: Don't insult the bot in DMs either, it's going to end in a suspension as well)

Well I just insulted the bot in DM ... and yeah I know about the dead end ... kill me

2 hours ago, SageToshi said:

The bot can in fact be manned by a developer when they are dealing with issues with the bot's code or are working on improvements to it, so no, it isnt always just a bot. They added it because the devs got tired of the bashing when people figured out the dev was logged in. It was made universal to deal with people making a stupid habit of it.

Insulting or abusive messages being sent to the kickbot will land you with a 7 day suspension. The kickbot is regularly patrolled by actual DE Staff, so any message you send it can be considered a message being sent to a DE Staff member. 

And if you messaged a DE Staff member with an abusive message the punishment would be just as severe, if not worse.