Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE doing something about the non participants in the plains?

(XBOX)DeadlyHoz

There's a group of people that gets the bounties and while the rest of the squad is doing the killing they just sit in the other side of the map fishing or mining, the rewards should be granted only if you entered the area of the mission. That's why I lately prefer to do the bounties solo, do something because is not fair, they farm materials and mods without doing nothing and then make profit of it selling the mods.

I know that feel, when i was still doing bounties i played mostly in matchmaking to help newer players if they were actually trying to do the objective but you can see a leecher in almost any bounty you play.

Just leave the squad and ignore when you notice one, i doubt anything will be done to prevent players slacking off mining and fishing instead of what they queued up for anytime soon.

You can also report but i tend to be skeptical about the effectiveness of game support functions due to past experiences in other games and what i heard there, also it's way too tedious to report every single leecher you find so imo. extending the ignore function to affect matchmaking would be the best solution to this issue. (and no, despite the urban legend it doesn't affect it currently)

Edited by kgabor

1 hour ago, NightBlitz said:

sure. but you then have to be the one to respond to all the complaints that'd happen when people are playing ,a capture stage pops up, and a zephyr or something gets to it and captures the target while everyone else is still 400m away

So you are taking about the exception or the problem, so I guess is better to leave like that than trying to improve squad gaming and give rewards to people really playing. but can you give some constructive ideas then?

1 minute ago, (XB1)DeadlyHoz said:

So you are taking about the exception or the problem, so I guess is better to leave like that than trying to improve squad gaming and give rewards to people really playing.

The problem with your suggestion is that it penalises slow players. We need a solution that does not. There is no easy solution. Personally, I do not mind leechers. Why? Because they give more enemies.

Basically, DE would have to prevent the stage from starting until the whole team was in the area (oh how easy it would be to troll). And have a countdown timer (30 secs to get to the area, or stage fails). Once started, the stage fails if someone leaves the area (10 secs+). This would ensure everyone participates, or the mission fails. Basically, there is no way to fix the issue, other than a premade squad. Because genuine players will get penalised, or DE gives us "easy troll mode".

26 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The problem with your suggestion is that it penalises slow players. We need a solution that does not. There is no easy solution. Personally, I do not mind leechers. Why? Because they give more enemies.

Basically, DE would have to prevent the stage from starting until the whole team was in the area (oh how easy it would be to troll). And have a countdown timer (30 secs to get to the area, or stage fails). Once started, the stage fails if someone leaves the area (10 secs+). This would ensure everyone participates, or the mission fails. Basically, there is no way to fix the issue, other than a premade squad. Because genuine players will get penalised, or DE gives us "easy troll mode".

Totally agree with u, I'm not looking to punish good players or giving us trolling tools but (I'm not saying it's easy) for example, allow the use of the fishing spear and the mining laser out of the bounties, only in free roam, that can't be impossible to do, if u want to fish just get to extraction and jump on free roam.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DeadlyHoz said:

allow the use of the fishing spear and the mining laser out of the bounties, only in free roam, that can't be impossible to do, if u want to fish just get to extraction and jump on free roam

This is also not viable.

If I am doing a bounty, with or without a squad, I will mine blue ores. I can still come out with the highest damage and kills. This suggestion also penalises genuine players. That is the problem. There is no solution that will not penalise genuine players, or allow trolling.

1 hour ago, NightBlitz said:

sure. but you then have to be the one to respond to all the complaints that'd happen when people are playing ,a capture stage pops up, and a zephyr or something gets to it and captures the target while everyone else is still 400m away

Very easy fix, make it require the majority of the players in the team to be in the area before it triggers the next stage.

14 hours ago, krc473 said:

Don't fail the mission, just boot the players that aren't in the area out from the squad. That eliminates the possibility of some dipS#&$ purposefully ruining other people's missions.

Have tried to mute this same player who keeps on coming to fish to my plains missions, doesnt do anything to matchmaking, buy why.. why doesnt this work like ignore? Its not like I ever want to have anything to do with this person

Edited by Nurmi

Bring the issue to support, support warns (making the player get back into playing) or the user is banned (removed from the community), we all win either way.

Sliping trough the cracks, avoiding getting reported is what happens if you do nothing, before you know the player is MR 25 or something and is still doing the same thing, then other players deal with the issue, so isn't it better that you act now?

8 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Don't fail the mission, just boot the players that aren't in the area out from the squad.

And the genuine, really slow players? I have frequently found that I can reach the next bounty objective (sometimes complete it) before a squad mate arrives. That is the issue - if it’s range based, slow players get penalised. 

Booting is probably a better solutionthan failure.

10 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Bring the issue to support, support warns (making the player get back into playing) or the user is banned (removed from the community), we all win either way.

Sliping trough the cracks, avoiding getting reported is what happens if you do nothing, before you know the player is MR 25 or something and is still doing the same thing, then other players deal with the issue, so isn't it better that you act now?

Banned for fishing?

HAHAHAHAHA

no

7 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Banned for fishing?

HAHAHAHAHA

no

You realize that players doing afk killing before have been warned before right? Also players that flat out ignore the objective at hand but still move around.

So, carefull with that mentality, you might be fishing, but if you leech the rewards without making minimal effort towards it, you will receive a warn and no more chances are given.

My sources? The players that PM me after the warn and the players where the profile can no longer be seen.