Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash or Mag?

Dragonfarce

11 hours ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

I'm curious to know how much armor you actually strip. ie how many polarizes does it take to remove a sortie heavy gunner's armor?

Edit-also ash ignores armor completely lol

On lower levels you can build a high duration polarize to strip on a wide scale, then melee Mag especially once you have the augment.

On high armored, high priority enemies just bubble them, the damage of your gun and theirs will be enough.

Pull augment is the most fun you’ll have in the plains and in relic fissures (once you have the range mods) I prefer it over the Crush augment even tho the latter is considered “endgame”

11 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

If you're looking for an end game content frame then it would be Mag. End game being sorties because end game IMO is sorties or eidolon hunting, and neither frame has a use in eidolon hunting and Mag at least can strip armor. Any other use for a frame is just for fun and I'd say play them both and figure which one you enjoy more.

You could argue that they both qualify to last in endgame. In fact, I've personally had better success with ash. As far as eidolons go, I would say mag though.

Edited by (XB1)Young Boy HT

16 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Make both, play both.

Warframe is about trying a wide variety of Warframes and weapons. 

As far as Ash vs. Mag, you can't really compare them, they are both wildly different concepts and playstyles.

Try both, see how you like them.

^Mag has spoken

Hail best girl Mag

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm a simple person.  I choose Mag simply because of that nice female body and Dat Azz.  :smile:

Hehe, all three versions.  Don't hurt me DeMonkey.  Just telling the truth.  

Hey now, I'm totally open for people to admire MagPrime as well.

What sort of a partner would I be if I asserted that I was the only one who could ever tell her she's attractive? Pfft.

I haven't actually said something on topic yet, so I'll say Mag. The gameplay is more enjoyable imo.

both have their merits, and cater to totally different playstyles:

Ash is all about melee, stealth and dealing high damage. he's the closest to being an actual Ninja. if you're used to playing as Rogue/Infiltrator type classes in other games, he should scratch that itch. his ability to single out heavy targets and deal high Slash damage make him excellent at higher levels, and whilst not tanky, his large health pool and smoke screen help with survivability a lot.

Mag is centred more around Crowd Control, armour stripping and making guns more effective with Magnetize, AKA Bullet Attractor, that reduces the need to aim greatly. not everyone cares about her, but she can actually scale really well with some builds. she recently got an Augment that shuts down robots and makes all enemies' guns jam within a certain radius. saw it in action for the first time today, it's glorious.

So in mentioning of armor both frames deal with high armor really well tbh.

Ash has seeking shuriken (Iirc 145% power is full armor strip) and his teleport n bladestorm iirc deal finisher damage.

Mag has polarize which while it deals a flat amout can set up magnetize. And if you use fracturing crush just crush+ polarize to generally reduce enemy armor to nothing. 

Just figured I'd add these tidbits with the frames vs armor.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

she recently got an Augment that shuts down robots and makes all enemies' guns jam within a certain radius. saw it in action for the first time today, it's glorious.

That augment really is glorious.  I love using it to.  😺