Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

probably will get bundle, becouse it looks so good, but probably its going to happen same as trinity deluxe bundle for kubrow armor, which i never used, becouse helios for me is just better, but i hope changes so i could use it more

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Anyone else disappointed that his Deluxe accessory is a pet skin?

Nope I love it.

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nice skin or not, it doesn’t detract from the fact that the majority of us doesn’t use pets for a plethora of reasons.

I can think of only one and thats vacuum. And yet I still sacrifice vacuum in favor of my kavat. And its skin so it doesnt matter what you use most just if its pretty and you want it or not.

13 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Sentinels can still, also, do everything on that list.

At which point it becomes preference and more options for Fashionframe.

So, no, that's a pretty definitive end.

Actually? Nope! Sentinel weapons need rework they are underpowered against companions. Just look at fully moded companion damage... Almost the same as your top tier melee weapon (and you dont have to have mods for it twice so you can use them on primary and sentinel). And vacuum on pets is useless because it would atract things to pets and not to you. It would be usefull if it was on warframe like exilus mod but not on pet.

22 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Anyone else disappointed that his Deluxe accessory is a pet skin?

No.  It’s one of THE BEST LOOKING cosmetic bundles ever released (soon TM) and with Warframe’s history, that is saying something.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

9 hours ago, Ayures said:

I just had a thought. I hope the kubrow skin looks fine on a helminth charger. Its clipping gets a bit weird with armor and stuff sometimes. 

Likely a stand-alone like the skins introduced in PoE.  Armor won’t apply.

And I’m ok with it because Doggy Drakk is nice and Infesty-Kavat DESTROYS all other kitty cosmetics, armor or not.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I look forward to seeing what it looks like as you gain stacks. The arms *have* to fold out and do something at some point, though I don't know what.

Do deluxe skins usually come with special ability cosmetics as well?

Edited by Ayures

5 hours ago, Ayures said:

I look forward to seeing what it looks like as you gain stacks. The arms *have* to fold out and do something at some point, though I don't know what.

Do deluxe skins usually come with special ability cosmetics as well?

Octavia had a visual change to her 2. Nidus is the first major example of Deluxes changing certain aspect of a frame de to the stack building.

15 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Actually? Nope! Sentinel weapons need rework they are underpowered against companions. Just look at fully moded companion damage... Almost the same as your top tier melee weapon (and you dont have to have mods for it twice so you can use them on primary and sentinel). And vacuum on pets is useless because it would atract things to pets and not to you. It would be usefull if it was on warframe like exilus mod but not on pet.

People actually use the sentinel weapons...?

And that second issue is easily fixed. Stuff vacuums to the pet. Either have the pet then run to you, since they're incredibly fast, or just have it appear on you as it hits the companion.

17 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

And they trigger alarms, attract more aggro, etc...

You're raising non issues. I'd agree that the upgraded Vacuum (since Vacuum is technically universal for frames within 3m) should be available for all companions, but outside of the few places in this game where min maxing matters you can take whatever you like. When Nidus first came out I stuck with my Helminth charger for about a year because I liked the aesthetic, and regardless of what you think there's useful functionality in all companions. This was even before the 3m vacuum was added, I put up with it anyway. Tell me why Nidus, the infested king of winning impossible odds, wouldn't want massive aggros? The worst missions ever are the ones with few high damage enemies where you can't build up enough stacks or stay in one spot long enough to take advantage of your tanking potential.

Give me the swarms of enemies, I need my stacks.

Edited by Beartornado

20 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Via the freaking in-game observation.

The only place where you will frequently see companions are 1 Eidolon hunting 2 farming, usually only Kuva or something very specific like mutagen samples because guess what. Once again, if you farm resources in large quantities you will not bother trying to pick each and every say plastid one by one one by one and none by one.

Otherwise, companions are a useless waste of breath. 

Nope? They are stronger than sentinels and If you go for a long defense run I bet you will see pets not sentinels around because they are so much more usefull for that for example.

Только что, butka1998 сказал:

Nope? They are stronger than sentinels

And they lack the only single thing everyone run sentinels for. So no one from those who use Sentinels would care that pets are "stronger". It doesn't matter if you don't die as you're a useless deadweight.

And please don't make me laugh. The absolute minority ever did a run longer than 1 hour in some survival or defense. Even fever do it on a regular basis. So yes. The absolute minority prefer to run pets over Sentinels.

3 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

People actually use the sentinel weapons...?

And that second issue is easily fixed. Stuff vacuums to the pet. Either have the pet then run to you, since they're incredibly fast, or just have it appear on you as it hits the companion.

That turns pet into delivery boy that will run for loot and back every 3 seconds..... When does it get to do other things? And people use pets also for their dmg. Thats one of their wining points over the sentinels for some of us.

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

And they lack the only single thing everyone run sentinels for. So no one from those who use Sentinels would care that pets are "stronger". It doesn't matter if you don't die as you're a useless deadweight.

And please don't make me laugh. The absolute minority ever did a run longer than 1 hour in some survival or defense. Even fever do it on a regular basis. So yes. The absolute minority prefer to run pets over Sentinels.

Absolute minority being players that play since the earliest days of game you mean? Yeah that would be me including. That was when towers in void were a thing people always stuck for at least 40 waves. And you saw pets over sentinels everywhere usually. But thats about preference really sentinels have vacuum thats only thing why people run them. To make it easier to colect stuff. But if you dont need to colect stuff as you have enough almost of everetyhing already? Pet wins again because it has dmg that sentinel simply doesnt. And I dont get the part about dead weigt as with magus elevate I cant remember last time bleeding out sorry.

10 minutes ago, butka1998 said:

Absolute minority being players that play since the earliest days of game you mean? Yeah that would be me including. That was when towers in void were a thing people always stuck for at least 40 waves. And you saw pets over sentinels everywhere usually. But thats about preference really sentinels have vacuum thats only thing why people run them. To make it easier to colect stuff. But if you dont need to colect stuff as you have enough almost of everetyhing already? Pet wins again because it has dmg that sentinel simply doesnt. And I dont get the part about dead weigt as with magus elevate I cant remember last time bleeding out sorry.

Honestly pets also get animal instinct that's the real thing you don't wanna give up imo not vacuum. 

the skin, i love it, i will buy it, together with the kubrow skin and armor, it reminds me of a mollusk or insect who lives in an exoskeleton, the the blue arms and parts in side the armore, and the armor is this shell or exoskeleton of metal that he uses as a shell, infested shell

On 2018-07-05 at 12:04 PM, LordOfScrugging said:

That would be the first deluxe skin that added something more to the frame than just cosmetics, which would be "P2W" technically since deluxe skins are purchase only

Technically it's not "P2W" because you can earn platinum by selling/reselling prime parts, and with the introductions of rivens, you could easily come across a decent riven and sell it to get the cost. Not arguing that making a skin affect the Warframes actual statistics is a little bit of a gray area, but it still doesn't classify as p2w since it doesn't really affect any other players.

I would, however, like them to modify the aesthetics of his abilities towards the frame because the gushy mutualist stuff won't really mesh or flow with the skin, which is the only disheartening skin. I'd honestly prefer the new Revenant Warframe to look like this and call it a day, because, with the flow of the new revenant frame, he's a good solo self-sustaining frame, which has sort of mind control abilities and a mist form, which this skin would just better suit that than Nidus.

Edited by Caelum-Warblade
Wanted to add more context

On 2018-06-28 at 2:12 PM, cghawk said:

it's called feedback, if allot of people complain about a skin it tells DE the skin may not be as good or may need improvement

Sure, except this skin bundle is amazing and your opinions are objectively wrong.

Go Team Good Guys! Down with Team Bad Guys who want to take away Nidus Deluxe!

Edited by Ayures

1 hour ago, Caelum-Warblade said:

Technically it's not "P2W" because you can earn platinum by selling/reselling prime parts, and with the introductions of rivens, you could easily come across a decent riven and sell it to get the cost. Not arguing that making a skin affect the Warframes actual statistics is a little bit of a gray area, but it still doesn't classify as p2w since it doesn't really affect any other players.

I would, however, like them to modify the aesthetics of his abilities towards the frame because the gushy mutualist stuff won't really mesh or flow with the skin, which is the only disheartening skin. I'd honestly prefer the new Revenant Warframe to look like this and call it a day, because, with the flow of the new revenant frame, he's a good solo self-sustaining frame, which has sort of mind control abilities and a mist form, which this skin would just better suit that than Nidus.

the original look for nidus is ugly as #*!%. The deluxe skin fixes that. If you dont like it dont buy it