Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beyond Frustrated with Normal Onslaught

(PSN)Tenchi145

DE, I'm going to address this to you personally because this game mode was something that I was dying for.  just drop me in and I kill to my hearts content until I can't anymore. Sadly this was like wishing on a monkey paw because you ruined this mode horrifically by adding this efficiency counter.  This counter has shown that not only are you enforcing this so called "meta" playstyle in the the same week it releases for console you also release a bombshell of nerfing yet another 'nuke' frame which by design of onslaught you need.  I even turned the game off, went out, had a good time, came home went to bed, woke up, did some errands come back with fresh eyes and still this stupid efficiency counter is screwing up my runs.  I've ran this mode 11 Times now.  3 times with my wife and the remainder solo.  I have only made it the end of round 8 two out of three times with my wife using Sayrn and Trinity for the two that we completed and 3 out of 5 for my solo runs which have all been by the skin of my teeth.  I literally died as the next round portal appeared on my first run. 

This game mode was everything that I wanted in a way.  It has an accumulation of all my favorite rooms jammed packed with random enemies taken from the various factions and my job is to murder them as quickly as I can within the time limit given without dying.  This right here was more than enough of a stipulation as eventually they would be able to one shot you I wanna say around wave 8 or 9 for squishy frames and potentially around waves 10 or 11 for more beefier frames, but I understand that it needed another gimmick to prevent exploitation like E-gate back in the day, but this efficiency counter is by and large a gross way to go about it.  Not only because it pushes the meta gear, but it does so it what is essentially the 'Normal' mode.  Elite mode is where I would expect meta gear and strategy to be in constant demand, but not in the normal mode.  It feels like the drain is ramped up based of of spin to win tactics and nuke exploitation that if my memory serves correctly you guys have done an extensive overhaul on the nerfs of said nukers. Miragulor, Ashstorm, Miasma Sayrn, Limbomb, and Resonating Quake Banshee just to name a few.  Also some of the best AOE weaponry that we had has also been nerfed; Telos Boltace, Tonkor, Simulor.  Yet you made a game mode where said abilities and weapons are almost critical to get to at least the end of round 8. Spore Sayrn, Resonating spam Banshee are go to frames for solo experiences just to keep efficiency high in earlier rounds only to have to default to maiming strike whip spam in later stages to keep kills high as your abilities suffer huge damage fall off.

My fingers hurt from inputting the slide command so much that I'm seriously looking into a macro controller.....no seriously I am because almost every game I'm playing now is starting to require the constant input of multiple buttons and as my arthritis gets worse this can only get worse for me, but I digress. 

TL;DR : DE you need to seriously tweak the efficiency counter for solo players so that extreme meta builds are not 'required' to make it to the end of wave 8.  Creating this game mode completely negates the good you were doing in nerfing 'aoe' spam by simply reinforcing it to your player base.  I understand that you need to make profits for your hard work, but frustrating players into buying your goods is not the answer. I'm definitely recommending people skip this grind for Khora until the counter is fixed.

I'm just hoping I manage to get Khora and the two Vandal weapons before this mode drives me to quit Warframe. The rewards (besides those mentioned) are terrible, and the efficiency drains all fun out of the mode.

If I manage to get the things mentioned, I'll likely never look at this mode again. Not even for Focus farming.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

If I manage to get the things mentioned, I'll likely never look at this mode again. Not even for Focus farming.

That's what I did, except I bought the weapons (I hate having to find and rely on others).

Normal onslaught is still good to level up your gear and can be played casually. That's where I leveling my khora after putting some formas on her. After that, I've got nothing else to level up.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Tenchi145:

DE, I'm going to address this to you personally because this game mode was something that I was dying for.  just drop me in and I kill to my hearts content until I can't anymore. Sadly this was like wishing on a monkey paw because you ruined this mode horrifically by adding this efficiency counter.  This counter has shown that not only are you enforcing this so called "meta" playstyle in the the same week it releases for console you also release a bombshell of nerfing yet another 'nuke' frame which by design of onslaught you need.  I even turned the game off, went out, had a good time, came home went to bed, woke up, did some errands come back with fresh eyes and still this stupid efficiency counter is screwing up my runs.  I've ran this mode 11 Times now.  3 times with my wife and the remainder solo.  I have only made it the end of round 8 two out of three times with my wife using Sayrn and Trinity for the two that we completed and 3 out of 5 for my solo runs which have all been by the skin of my teeth.  I literally died as the next round portal appeared on my first run. 

This game mode was everything that I wanted in a way.  It has an accumulation of all my favorite rooms jammed packed with random enemies taken from the various factions and my job is to murder them as quickly as I can within the time limit given without dying.  This right here was more than enough of a stipulation as eventually they would be able to one shot you I wanna say around wave 8 or 9 for squishy frames and potentially around waves 10 or 11 for more beefier frames, but I understand that it needed another gimmick to prevent exploitation like E-gate back in the day, but this efficiency counter is by and large a gross way to go about it.  Not only because it pushes the meta gear, but it does so it what is essentially the 'Normal' mode.  Elite mode is where I would expect meta gear and strategy to be in constant demand, but not in the normal mode.  It feels like the drain is ramped up based of of spin to win tactics and nuke exploitation that if my memory serves correctly you guys have done an extensive overhaul on the nerfs of said nukers. Miragulor, Ashstorm, Miasma Sayrn, Limbomb, and Resonating Quake Banshee just to name a few.  Also some of the best AOE weaponry that we had has also been nerfed; Telos Boltace, Tonkor, Simulor.  Yet you made a game mode where said abilities and weapons are almost critical to get to at least the end of round 8. Spore Sayrn, Resonating spam Banshee are go to frames for solo experiences just to keep efficiency high in earlier rounds only to have to default to maiming strike whip spam in later stages to keep kills high as your abilities suffer huge damage fall off.

My fingers hurt from inputting the slide command so much that I'm seriously looking into a macro controller.....no seriously I am because almost every game I'm playing now is starting to require the constant input of multiple buttons and as my arthritis gets worse this can only get worse for me, but I digress. 

TL;DR : DE you need to seriously tweak the efficiency counter for solo players so that extreme meta builds are not 'required' to make it to the end of wave 8.  Creating this game mode completely negates the good you were doing in nerfing 'aoe' spam by simply reinforcing it to your player base.  I understand that you need to make profits for your hard work, but frustrating players into buying your goods is not the answer. I'm definitely recommending people skip this grind for Khora until the counter is fixed.

Yep, that sums up my experience with that mission pretty perfectly. Additionally it's a pain to keep your group together until rotation C, and good luck completing it if you dare to play a support frame. Inherently bad design. Am at a point where I'm strongly suspecting the mission was made that frustrating to boost Khoras plat sales. At least the ppl I've talked with ingame had all bought her. Sure there will be a few lucky one's but this farm is Hema x50. I'll be waiting what next weeks update will bring, but it's propably about time to take a break from the game again.

Coming back from 4 more attempts and my success rate is currently at 50% but at least I'm getting to round 8 for that damn counter and the sheer oppressiveness of the hitscan weapons of the grinneer destroying me. Rolling, sliding, aim gliding as I'm their only target its all guns on me and no waay am I equipping a tank frame to spin2win all day.  This needs to be addressed....NOW!!!!

Yeah man, the incoming "reworks" are because some people cheese onslaught with saryn and maiming cuse its the only way to maintain high efficency. If you want to farm khora i recommend this setup, but if you only want to have fun idk what to tell you, for me onslaught was fun before the scaling enemie fix (hp and armor bugged), after that, its just spin2win spread spores because its the only way to make it to zone 8 with out dying or losing a lot of efficency.

Gonna think seriously what DE wants, "balance" the game only around his new game mode or what.

1 minute ago, Praesagium said:

Yeah man, the incoming "reworks" are because some people cheese onslaught with saryn and maiming cuse its the only way to maintain high efficency. If you want to farm khora i recommend this setup, but if you only want to have fun idk what to tell you, for me onslaught was fun before the scaling enemie fix (hp and armor bugged), after that, its just spin2win spread spores because its the only way to make it to zone 8 with out dying or losing a lot of efficency.

Gonna think seriously what DE wants, "balance" the game only around his new game mode or what.

This is the definition of both contradictory and hypocrisy at the same time.

DE: We don't want people ruining other people experience by killing everything so we are going to change these P42W abilities and the set it and forget it abilities so others can have a fair shot at participating.

Also DE: Try out this new game mode where your success hinges on killing large groups of enemies quickly.  Also don't get comfortable with any nuke abilities or maiming cheese as we are reworking those.

Like for real the concept of this entire game mode flies in the face of everything you are saying about these nerfs/reworks.

28 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Have you tried capacitance Volt? Mod for range, efficiency and duration but don’t let your strength drop below 70%. I can solo to 8 on normal just fine.

You just proved OP's point.  You're suggesting a cheese P42Win approach with a nuke frame that clears the map without needing line-of-sight. This is exactly what Onslaught should NOT rely on to be able to at least clear wave 8 solo. Not everybody tackles onslaught with the mindset of "let's get this chore over it".  Many want to have fun using their preferred frames & weapons instead of following the mindless meta formula.  Every other endless game mode can be solo'd for the first AABC rotation with any frame and any weapon.

Take Kuva missions, solo players get 2 guardians only, 4 players get more (4?  6?).  Interception solo captures the points very fast but slower the more players are present, an incentive for teamplay. Defection, one Kavor team active at a time when playing solo; multiple active Kavor teams with more players present.

Right now Onlsaught pretty much forces you to go in teams of 3-4 players or cheese it with meta nuke frames that require no aiming to destroy everything in the room.

Really, all Onslaught needs is to let the efficiency decrease-rate scale with the number of players present. Right now it is locked with 4 players in mind.
The AI pathfinding needs some work too, in some maps I saw the enemies just standing still in spawn rooms. Or they take a few precious seconds too long to respawn new enemies.

I'm not paying you for this frame DE I'm going to earn it through hard work, but your balancing of this mode for solo needs to be done. I literally tested it out with some friends and we took really lack lister teams and made it to wave 8 easily. No aoe weaponry, no nuke frames. Inaros, Harrow, Nova, and Mirage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2018-05-13 at 12:27 PM, ljmadruga said:

Have you tried capacitance Volt? Mod for range, efficiency and duration but don’t let your strength drop below 70%. I can solo to 8 on normal just fine.

I've had enough. I'm going to make this build and short circuit all of Simaris Equipment

Used that build and in those 4 runs Rotation C rewards as follows ; Relic, Relic, Relic, 600 ENDO.  I just want the damn systems so I can move on. I haven't collected Zephyr Prime, Kronen Prime, Pyrana Prime.  By the Time I finish I hope I have all the relics I need for finding most of it.

Woke up this Morning did 2 more solo runs a relic and 600 endo. 3 runs with the wife when I got back home a few hours ago relic endo relic. This drop rate is ridiculous. 7 bps, 13 helmets, 12 chassis.

FFS create a store or something for the sanctuary where you can buy perks or something and place the Kora parts in there so that there is an actual finish line for this rather than its up to chance.  On Xbox I just grinded out equinox in just over 3 hrs over a 2 day time period. I've been grinding at this for 2 months and nothing but bs at ever rotation c.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

hm.. 

yes, it's hard to get all parts of Khora...

on the other hand it took me twice as long to get all parts of ash and way more runs to get ivara complete (nearly 3 month).. 

also i do not really understand why you have to run solo... it's not hard to get beyond lvl8 with a combination of good frames... the game mod is not so bad as you all tell....

for sure it could be improved, like a slower efficient counter which really is a pain in the ass or better drops at higher level (>6)

10 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

also i do not really understand why you have to run solo... it's not hard to get beyond lvl8 with a combination of good frames...

I can tell you why you need to run solo:

X has left the squad

Y has left the squad

Z has left the squad

Because you will end up solo anyways. Few weeks ago I ended up with Saryn/Banshee players and they carried me through to eight level, I got all parts except for chassis and (naively) thought I'd get Khora soon enough.

Now? I get to like 4th-5th level and then people leave the squad, and without a really cheesy frame my chances of success (as enemy spawn rate solo is horrible) is insignificant. I managed to do it with Nidus with luck as I got infested for the first two rounds so I could stack my passive, but you shouldn't have to rely on luck or cheese tactics to do something. Easier sure, but not mandatory.

1 hour ago, Devanor said:

Because you will end up solo anyways. Few weeks ago I ended up with Saryn/Banshee players and they carried me through to eight level, I got all parts except for chassis and (naively) thought I'd get Khora soon enough.

Now? I get to like 4th-5th level and then people leave the squad, and without a really cheesy frame my chances of success (as enemy spawn rate solo is horrible) is insignificant. I managed to do it with Nidus with luck as I got infested for the first two rounds so I could stack my passive, but you shouldn't have to rely on luck or cheese tactics to do something. Easier sure, but not mandatory.

When you join a game, bring up the menu and view the other players' gear.  If everybody is packing only lvl30 weapons, then they're there to farm for parts and/or focus. They will stick around to wave 8.

If they have lvl 0-20 weapons, they will leave as soon as those max out (and likely barely contribute to the efficiency gain).  Abort immediately and try again. This is how I did it and it saves you so much time.

And I know somebody plans on typing that lame reply "go to recruit chat".    Some of us are here to jump in the game and play immediately, not stare at chat screen waiting for replies and waiting for a lobby to fill up wasting valuable minutes every single time. Taking our chances with pub is simply faster.

13 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

hm.. 

yes, it's hard to get all parts of Khora...

on the other hand it took me twice as long to get all parts of ash and way more runs to get ivara complete (nearly 3 month).. 

also i do not really understand why you have to run solo... it's not hard to get beyond lvl8 with a combination of good frames... the game mod is not so bad as you all tell....

for sure it could be improved, like a slower efficient counter which really is a pain in the ass or better drops at higher level (>6)

Ash Prime is what this grind was turning into.  I was grinding for him before void fissure. 3 1/2 months of T3 Def to 40 waves.  That's why I was latching on to the most efficient build to help me get through this both solo and in team play.  

I play solo because I live in a rural area or for those that don't know what that is a non- city area.  We do not have access to either DSL or Cable Internet providers so we have to resort to Satellite internet providers.  300GB data allowance is a pipe dream here as My data cap is that of a mid level cellphone plan 15GB and horrid throttled speeds afterwards that last until reset of service.  So thankfully due to the peer to peer connection that warframe utilizes as long as you are on my network the network traffic is routed through the router minimizing how much data we use were as connecting outside of my network gives me extreme lag and uses around 3x-4x the data.  Thankfully I have an unmetered zone that starts at 12AM but some nights I'd like to watch netflix, youtube or other streaming services that would decimate my poor plan during the day.

at first there where bugs and bugs and some migration problems then things that would make it easy as a walk througt the park were nerved an my reasend exp with the elite mode simply for getting some focus or standing were again wastes cause of bugs prventing me from using any ability for unlimited time(like i would stand in cetus do no 1-5) so i thougt to myself i farmed khora at the normal mode but since i have the plat an everything out of elite is buyable i bought all and now i ignore the mode cause im not intresste wasting my time because something went wrong oder people who wont try to at least play rota c to make it possible to get alle rotations