Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora parts still need a drop rate buff

Cosmicblues

Tell that to the Braton and Lato Vandal and their 2% drop chance on Rotation C...

Yeah, cause there's nothing quite as fair as having a 2% chance every 20+ minutes at getting the part you need.

It would be 10% and it would still be tedious, but nooo, two percent... Because asking your fanbase to do 50+ runs on average is fair , balanced and normal.

Six months of content drought and we're getting schemes like this to make us spend plat on buying the parts from trade chat for like 250p each, Srry DE, thought you were better than that.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Tell that to the Braton and Lato Vandal and their 2% drop chance on Rotation C...

Yeah, cause there's nothing quite as fair as having a 2% chance every 20+ minutes at getting the part you need.

It would be 10% and it would still be tedious, but nooo, two percent... Because asking your fanbase to do 50+ runs on average is fair , balanced and normal.

Six months of content drought and we're getting schemes like this to make us spend plat on buying the parts from trade chat for like 250p each, Srry DE, thought you were better than that.

The 2% drops are not too bad. Onslaught is great for focus and xp. If you are solely farming it just for Lato, then you will burn yourself out. Forma weapons, try new setups, farm kills, focus too...

I had every focus school done prior to the release of onslaught, and I just farmed using different setups. You can also trade duplicate parts. I applaud DE for not making it too easy to get. Grind is the core of this game and you either accept it or move on. Lato and Braton aren't going anywhere, so take it at your own pace. DE should only raise the drop chances to match the release of onslaught at 3.16% as shown here:

5a87ffdc7fbc3e0b1c0dff4c4f6b363c.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The 2% drops are more than reasonable. Onslaught is great for focus and xp. If you are solely farming it just for Lato, then you will burn yourself out. Forma weapons, try new setups, farm kills, focus too...

I had every focus school done prior to the release of onslaught, and I just farmed using different setups. You can also trade duplicate parts. I applaud DE for not making it too easy to get. Grind is the core of this game and you either accept it or move on. Lato and Braton aren't going anywhere, so take it at your own pace. DE should only raise the drop chances to match the release of onslaught at 3.16% as shown here:

5a87ffdc7fbc3e0b1c0dff4c4f6b363c.png

The gamemode does not drop ressources. It does not drop mods, it does not pay credits. It gives focus, yes, but focus has a hard cap anyway, and it's more fun killing tri eidolons and getting tons of arcanes anyway if you want to get anything done with your focus.

Haven't tried leveling there, but I know only lvl 30 frames can enter, so I doubt it's really useful beyond maybe leveling a primary and secondary through passive xp gain while you abuse your fully leveled melee weapon to wreck havok. I also feel like a mode like this is not suited to being undergeared and a liablity to your team due to your low DPS. So many public games I get into fail to get past wave 6, unable to kill enemies fast enough and struggling to stay alive for some reason... Probably because they are leveling gear instead of coming there with their number one setups.

The mode only pays you once every two waves, that's a single reward every like 4 minutes. Said reward is usually a relic, which I already have 600+ I don't run because I have all the primes anyway and nobody's buying anything that's not vaulted in trade chat. The only rewards I care about in this mode are the new stuff (guns, khora, peculiar bloom)... All of which have very low drop rate percentage. Even worse, when I do get the part I need, there's still a good chance some guy will drop and I'll get unable to connect to host and lose it.

The typical game of onslaught will last me 20+ minutes, netting me three or four relics I don't care about and nothing else (maybe like 5000 credits for some reason). In every other warframe game mode, after 20 minutes, I have credits, mods, endo, plus tons of other stuff for my effort... But not here. Only a single relic per two waves and some capped focus...

And ... 2% is a very low percentage on a gamemode that lasts at least 20 minutes to get into rotation C. That's 50 runs x 20 minutes ,or 17 hours of farming on average, all this for two mastery fodder guns. That's imho not acceptable.

17 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The 2% drops are not too bad. Onslaught is great for focus and xp. If you are solely farming it just for Lato, then you will burn yourself out. Forma weapons, try new setups, farm kills, focus too...

Onslaught has quickly turned from something I really was looking forward to and a mode with huge potential to a huge disappointment once I started playing it. It is a boring, tedious and incredibly frustrating cheese meta. It is a place where fun goes to die. It easily ranks as the worst game mode in this game and competes with Curse of Osiris for one of the worst game updates in the last two years I have had the misfortune of playing. As it stands it is merely a band aid patch for the really bad design of focus gains in this game....and it has brought me to the point where I am honestly thinking about not bothering with focus anymore all together.

So for me and a lot of others...the only reason to play that mode is acquiring the parts of items we can't get anywhere else. I absolutely refuse to purchase these items with plat since I am done with enabling this kind of nonsense... but if I had a choice here I would gladly play hour of defection rather than Onslaught. 

There is grind and then there is a BS grind. And this is a BS grind...added to already atrocious things like having your players literally just run around a map acquiring a few resources they need hundreds of or waiting for hours until an alert pops up 4 times a day for another resource they need.  

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Haven't tried leveling there, but I know only lvl 30 frames can enter, so I doubt it's really useful beyond maybe leveling a primary and secondary through passive xp gain while you abuse your fully leveled melee weapon to wreck havok. I also feel like a mode like this is not suited to being undergeared and a liablity to your team due to your low DPS. So many public games I get into fail to get past wave 6, unable to kill enemies fast enough and struggling to stay alive for some reason... Probably because they are leveling gear instead of coming there with their number one setups.

You can max weapons by zone 9 (as in completed zone 8 ) regardles of how many other weapons you have equiped.

While yes, you are limiting yourself and possibly making your team less effective imo it's partly their fault depending on the circumstance.

Yeah you can't mass kill enemies, but it's not just you there... they also knew what the objective was and should have planned accordingly.

You have a choice of 3 frames if you want to use ESO for levelling. Equinox, Mesa and Trinity

Equinox: is very flexible with weapons. Just bring 1 aoe or slide weapon that can easily kill enemies and you should be good to level 2 weapons.

Mesa: only flexible with primary and melee. The secomdary has to be crit based otherwise you're making the statstick potentially useless by itself. Recommended to use Synoid Gammacor to help with the energy.

Trinity: depending on build she is flexible with all weapons (must have a premade squad thats only using you for energy and health/maybe DR) or only primary and melee if you go for the castanas meme build (I personally do not like it)

While yes, you are partially leeching (since you often have to stop killing to make sure you're getting enough exp for your weapons). I feel that as long as you contribute enough your team ahouldnt have anything to complain about.

And if the end the run failed early. I'm pretty sure it's never just your fault. (Unless you took a cc frame)

Note: Saryn also works, but in a weird way. Also pending changes so we'll see how those go.

Tried to farm khora for something like 15 hours. It's faster to farm void/rivens to make the plat to buy it, which is what I eventually ended up doing. Farming normal mode which has terrible drops besides the khora parts to wave 8 each time just became tedious and not fun. Not to mention most pub groups are just flat out terrible. I got tired of running with people who aren't even breaking 200 kills in 8 waves. Even with two friends who i ran with a good amount of the time 99% of the randoms we got were struggling. Which makes me believe once the people running "meta" gear are done farming khora the majority of players will never see wave 8. I usually dont mind the grind in warframe, in fact i enjoy it. But, this is just broken and going forward I'll certainly be looking at drop rates before choosing to farm for new frames. If they're anywhere near as bad as khora, I'll just farm void/rivens to make the plat to buy it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for proof and I found it - for all those that praise DE and revere to them as the saints of game development - please refer to this next time :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Q3y1Cc2qw

This , in my book is not a gift , it is a mockery .

Just as Khora droprate nerf is a mockery , and the way to acquire Ivara is a mockery too (from the most asinine mission type in game , with drop rate that is an outright BS ) 

How they are getting away with this , its beyond me .

36 minutes ago, Volf3r said:

I was looking for proof and I found it - for all those that praise DE and revere to them as the saints of game development - please refer to this next time :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Q3y1Cc2qw

This , in my book is not a gift , it is a mockery .

Just as Khora droprate nerf is a mockery , and the way to acquire Ivara is a mockery too (from the most asinine mission type in game , with drop rate that is an outright BS ) 

How they are getting away with this , its beyond me .

I remember that alert. I looked at the level and went right to ivara knowing I'd steal life support. I found out right away that there was no life support to steal. At 1 point I lost my stealth and got hit with fire but didnt die. That is when I figured it out as a kinda joke alert in a funny way.

I found it to be very entertaining. Now the alert for the damaged autodrum was a troll all the way. Maybe it was just a regular autodrum, I can not remember.

And as for your gripe with Ivara I have farmed her 20 plus sets over time. She is tough but I found ENOX to be the worst grind frame out there,

EDIT: back on point. The drop rates for her are bad and the fact you get no other rewards for your time and if you call it effort not worth the grind. I farmed mods arcanes and rolled rives to sell to buy her. Am I proud of this no, but after 20 runs with not a sniff of fun or worthwhile reward I took the fast track approach.

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE