Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] GPU Particles Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

On 2018-05-17 at 9:42 PM, NightmareT12 said:

TBH, I feel it's really impressive. It's not PhysX, but it looks REALLY good in motion and this works for everyone. Also Steve always showcased only particles, never abilities and such -- some could use more, but some like Oberon's Smite or Nova's Orb are REALLY cool.

I just wanted to post that Volt used to have lots of PhysX particles before the change on his idles (he made them appear with the lighting and afterwards kind of make them float before they fell to the ground), but he doesn't anymore. Hopefully you guys can add it to him 🙂

latest?cb=20161127205658latest?cb=20161127205659

Yes please ! Guys, don't forget to put some particles back on those Volt Idle animations, it used to be awesome.... You can't just remove it 😢

On 2018-05-18 at 6:00 AM, dbugz said:

I made no changes to my graphics/display settings (mostly set to High) after the update and in my opinion the particle system is a bit overkill.

Just ran a Spy mission alert on Mars and there were dust clouds everywhere and they were almost opaque which made seeing enemies difficult. They even spawned in indoor tilesets such as the spy vault rooms.

I tried lowering the settings for both the Particle System, and GPU Particles option but it did not change a thing at all.

Nien. Leave it. Just turn it off you don't like it. I love leaving it on ludicrous and filling the screen

On 2018-05-18 at 1:08 PM, Syln said:

Can't see a single particle anymore and it's kind of frustrating, i have DIrectX 11 (it's enable in the launcher), the option are set on ludicrous (démesuré) for particles and .... nothing 

https://imgur.com/a/6XxvzF2

https://imgur.com/a/2C2NGkE

https://imgur.com/a/8VuPiSe

They seemed to have removed Nvidia effects for volts idle. Hopefully they add them back, but test out Mirage + jatkittag and you'll deffinately notice them. 

On 2018-05-18 at 1:19 PM, Syln said:

Doesn't work when i reroll a riven too but yes i managed to witness ludicrous particles on Banshee's 1 and Ember and i will put the emphazis on "MANAGED" because damn they are more ridiculous than ludicrous compared to physX.

Still thanks for letting me know about Volt ^ 

Was there a riven reroll physx effect? Ice never seen it, can someone show it? 

Il y a 3 heures, Arniox a dit :

Was there a riven reroll physx effect? Ice never seen it, can someone show it? 

Seems to be related to particles basically there is an FX showing kuva gathering on the riven when you reroll it, i still have the beginning and the end of the animation but not the transition.

2 hours ago, Syln said:

Seems to be related to particles basically there is an FX showing kuva gathering on the riven when you reroll it, i still have the beginning and the end of the animation but not the transition.

Oh that. That has nothing to do with the new particles as it uses their old style of animation. But I don't see the transition either 

"Nvidia are shutting down Physx sorry, guys no more advanced particles"

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-physx-overview

https://developer.nvidia.com/flex

Key Features: Particles
So what about Physx again? 
Correct me if im wrong but these are straight up from nvidia website.
Bring this new advanced particles into Warframe as optional alongside with ur downgraded particles for consoles.
Instead of Physx this time it will be called "Gameworks: Flex particles" or something like that.

That goes against the purpose of the new system. [DE] is attempting to get away from the restricted nature of Gameworks/Apex, hence why they developed the GPU Particles. The new particle system is pretty advanced, it's just that it isn't fully utilized.

Whilst PhysX and FLEX and any other Gameworks graphics options are decent in action, It's kind of pointless to implement them at this point. [DE] created a decent cloth dynamics system way back in U16. The new GPU Particles are decent enough in terms of similarity to PhysX / Apex dynamics. Nvidia Hairworks / VXAO /PCSS are all relatively heavy and difficult to implement without alienating the AMD population (Plus 80% of the time they make negligible differences to graphical quality in terms of cost.) FLEX in games like KF2 is ridiculously heavy (and looks great) but is really incompatible and prone to crashing. I personally would prefer [DE] refines the current system they implemented rather than tossing it all out so only 10% of it's user-base can enjoy FLEX.

As much as I hate to admit it, give [DE] some time to develop the system some more. There are variables in the .exe itself that point to the system being able to be adjusted as needed. Whilst I am no expert on the subject. increasing values like 'mMaximumParticles' and 'mHitParticles' would improve the look and feel of the system. Losing the stretching that occurs based upon velocity would help also('.mParticleSysDesc.mVelocityStretch'). The system is too sparky in appearance, for explosive barrels this makes sense, but on everything else it looks out of place. And lastly, the system is too 'explody' Abilities had a more hose-like effect after the explosion and this appears to be implemented in the game currently, but is unused. 

But at the end of the day, APEX is dead, long live GPU particles! =)

On 2018-05-22 at 11:23 PM, -Sora- said:

That goes against the purpose of the new system. [DE] is attempting to get away from the restricted nature of Gameworks/Apex, hence why they developed the GPU Particles. The new particle system is pretty advanced, it's just that it isn't fully utilized.

Whilst PhysX and FLEX and any other Gameworks graphics options are decent in action, It's kind of pointless to implement them at this point. [DE] created a decent cloth dynamics system way back in U16. The new GPU Particles are decent enough in terms of similarity to PhysX / Apex dynamics. Nvidia Hairworks / VXAO /PCSS are all relatively heavy and difficult to implement without alienating the AMD population (Plus 80% of the time they make negligible differences to graphical quality in terms of cost.) FLEX in games like KF2 is ridiculously heavy (and looks great) but is really incompatible and prone to crashing. I personally would prefer [DE] refines the current system they implemented rather than tossing it all out so only 10% of it's user-base can enjoy FLEX.

As much as I hate to admit it, give [DE] some time to develop the system some more. There are variables in the .exe itself that point to the system being able to be adjusted as needed. Whilst I am no expert on the subject. increasing values like 'mMaximumParticles' and 'mHitParticles' would improve the look and feel of the system. Losing the stretching that occurs based upon velocity would help also('.mParticleSysDesc.mVelocityStretch'). The system is too sparky in appearance, for explosive barrels this makes sense, but on everything else it looks out of place. And lastly, the system is too 'explody' Abilities had a more hose-like effect after the explosion and this appears to be implemented in the game currently, but is unused. 

But at the end of the day, APEX is dead, long live GPU particles! 😃

Why don't you first read what i posted? they completely reworked how their new physx works, its not locked behind having an nvidia gpu anymore nor you need to have physx drivers. 
Read first.
ANY AWAY with the latest hotfix it seems they reduced the size of the particles and increased their resolution something like that. Now they look away better than the before. Im actually well surprised and positive after that hotfix, good work on that DE. 

I'm not sure if this is directly related to this, but it seems like the closest thing.  As of the update, I've not been able to see light trails of rare resources I've picked up to mark them for my team mates, and this is an issue mostly for rare resources that don't pop up when picked up (like orokin cells).  I also can't see any leftovers of mods, endo, or anything else that once left behind a trace.  Is this intentional or a bug?  And if these are still in the game but under a specific setting I can't find, where is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I doubt there will be much feedback from [DE] currently due to the sacrifice coming out eventually. That said, it seems like if you're vocal enough about certain issues [DE] will fix it like with the volt particles. But even with detailed feedback there is yet to be a response apart from certain bugs that show up.

I don't think this has got the right amount of attention but ever since the GPU particle update Eximus units no longer have their orange glow (even at max settings).

There have already been a few threads in the bug forum that illustrate the issue:

For a game such as Warframe that promotes constant (even rapid) movement, visual cues are very important. Prior to the particle update Eximus units were easy to spot even in the middle of a mob.

Edited by dbugz